нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Concerning Neon Genesis Evangelion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Concerning Neon Genesis Evangelion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasabi2u

Post subject: Concerning Neon Genesis Evangelion
Does anybody know if Cartoon Network has any plans of actually completing the series, or at least anything more than the first 2 episodes?
PostSun Mar 16, 2003 8:53 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Magic 8-ball* says: "Future looks bleak. Go buy the DVD's." Wink

This "Magic 8-ball" moment brought to you by the fine folks at CN BS&P and ADV Films.
PostSun Mar 16, 2003 10:09 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
btw Netflix has the set for rental. Thats how I have been watching them. There selection of anime is pretty good.
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 10:31 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KTKore

Post subject:
I hope to God they don't plan on finishing it...
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 11:39 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
I agree with KT here

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 12:34 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ya, as stated previouly NGE is just WAY too much to CN to handle. You saw with just the first couple of eps the major amount of editing involved. Actually I think that NGE counts as the most edited show in Toonami history.

On ASA they might be able to do something with it, but alot of it is over thier heads. Not to mention that the creators are ticked because CN had stated they would air the show uncut. Final answer, No.

Like they said buy it, you won't regret it.
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 12:46 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
You might want to wait before getting the DVDs.

The following is from EvaOtaku.com:
brendan wrote:
After several years it would seem that ADV Films has finally licensed the Director's Cut footage of the Evangelion TV series. This report comes from AnimeonDVD.com via ADV Films panel at Anime Boston 2003. According to the report, ADV will re-release the original versions of episodes 21-24 as well as the Director's Cut 21-24 together on discs so that fans can compare the versions for themselves. I guess I'll be taking down that section sometime soon ^_^;

ADV also said they "could not confirm" if they had licensed the Renewal of Evangelion remastered rleases. Hmm.. I was planning on buying the import boxset, but now I've doubts. It'd suck to put down the money for the import only to have ADV re-license the new and improved Evangelion.. :-\

PostSun Apr 27, 2003 1:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Yayyyyyyyyyyy!
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 1:55 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Where does the movie Death and Rebirth fit into the time line? Now I have only watched up to episode 17 so I ask that you give me any spoilers.

Overall Im still amazed that there is a dialogue heavy mech anime (yes I know they arent mechs. But its a giant robot looking thing). As for the editing. The episode that Sinji (sp) gets absorbed and their are some mighty bloody scenes in there that even AS wouldnt show. After the small cuts to Trigun I have seen. I don't believe they would show it

(last two lines deleted for your reading pleasure)
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 9:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Where does the movie Death and Rebirth fit into the time line? Now I have only watched up to episode 17 so I ask that you give me any spoilers.

It's a recap of eps. 1-24, centering on characterizations and some plot synopsis. It's not critically important to watch it.

:Clarification: The movie is in 2 distinct parts.
"Death" is the recap section.
"Birth", at least the version released to the US last year, is merely the first 30 minutes of "End of Evangelion".
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 9:59 pm
Wasabi2u

Post subject:
Sorry bout my neglegence of this whole web site, lol. I just don't come around as often as i'd like.

I've seen death and rebirth and that whole end of evangelion thing. The reason i'd like to see it on tv in general is mainly because i can't afford a box set, lol. I don't really care what channel, but i would consider adult swim capable of editing it to a bare minimum (most of the things needed to censor are nudity and blood, just cut a scene or two). Eh, in the future i'm going to buy it none the less, but it'd be nice to share it with some friends on tv the public way. The only way an anime can become popular and start selling merchandise seriously in the united states.

I can understand why they wouldn't show it, i was surprised in the first place they brought over two episodes... i was just hoping they'd bring a little bit more.
PostMon Apr 28, 2003 9:41 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
A few more would have been nice. I would have liked to see how they would handle ep.21. Very Happy

Welcome to the board!!! Mr. Green
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostFri May 02, 2003 9:58 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dude he like.....joined before you ^_^
PostFri May 02, 2003 11:50 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
by a month too!

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat May 03, 2003 4:20 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
EVA. Buy it, download it, steal it, take the initative, because the next time the CN shows it is when Williams Street has guns to their heads.
PostSat May 03, 2003 6:48 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: