нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Teen Titans question
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Teen Titans question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, I'd like to know that too 0_o poor guy...
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostSun Dec 07, 2003 12:55 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey guys check this out, I was playing around with Teen Titans fanfiction and came up with this!

Well, this is my first Teen Titans fiction so you’ll have to forgive plot holes and the like because it’s such a complicated Universe to fit into anyway with Batman, Justice League etc. so please bare with me as I try to write a story to the best of my potential! I think this story maybe slightly AU ^^;; please forgive me!

I have heard about the premiere episode plotline of season two of Teen Titans but I hope this isn’t anything like it ^^ if it’s all wrong then…I proclaim this story AU! Yay!

Anyway, basic elements: 5 years after the show, 3 out of 5 are dead, 1 has gone mad and Starfire, now adapted to the realms of Earth but gone stone-like and almost mad from grief, hunts the one she believes responsible for the tragedy. Calling on unlikely allies to help in her search, revenge is constantly on her mind along with one word: Blackfire.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Teen Titans or any of the D/C characters!

Enjoy!

It was raining.

Starfire pulled her overcoat around her more forcibly in the Gotham storm and carried on trudging through the dark streets. Midnight sent waves of fear through any respectable citizen of the godforsaken place but underneath it all Starfire had found a welcoming silence that allowed her to meditate for a while before the next day began.

In the distance she heard gunshots and smiled grimly; the wrong part of town always did get jumpy at this time of night.

No doubt the big Bat would be along soon to tidy up.

Starfire stopped for a moment, blinking, and looked up into the air at the black clouds rolling above her, she hadn’t even seen Batman even once. Not even when…it happened.

Snorting quietly she continued on her mission, skipping over a puddle wearily and wondering why she didn’t just fly to the damn place.

A scream.

Stopping dead, Starfire looked around her. Screams always set her on edge, but she shook off her nerves and continued walking. It wasn’t far to the place now and if she was lucky she wouldn’t have any trouble.

“Hold it right there lady”

Starfire growled, maybe trouble just liked her.

Anyway, so maybe this is A LOT AU but I thought it was a pretty cool idea, and I always liked the idea of death and gore being in someone's past ^^;;; ever since I saw RotJ really ^^;;;

Also, check this out: http://www.geocities.com/damion38.geo/Kingdom/kingdom.html

it's like 'woah' 0_o look at all the people!
PostSun Dec 07, 2003 3:32 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
dillpops wrote:
Hey guys check this out, I was playing around with Teen Titans fanfiction and came up with this!

Keep rolling with it. I'm interested in the background details, to see how all this came about.

Quote:
Also, check this out: http://www.geocities.com/damion38.geo/Kingdom/kingdom.html

it's like 'woah' 0_o look at all the people!

Helluva' good story, too... Cool
PostSun Dec 07, 2003 8:37 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Really? What's the story 0_o the people look all scary...
PostMon Dec 08, 2003 3:02 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
dillpops wrote:
Really? What's the story 0_o the people look all scary...

"Synopsis:
It's the early years of the Twenty-First Century. Without the guidance and values long championed by the old guard - Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman - a younger generation of super heroes is ravaging the world. But when the Man of Steel returns from a self-imposed exile, his very presence could be the catalyst that pushes us all into Armageddon.
Seen through the eyes of Norman McCay, an aging minister who embarks on a disturbing odyssey of revelation with an angel known as the Spectre to guide him, Kingdom Come is the story of what defines a hero in a world spinning inexorably out of control... of the heroes who adapted to that changing world, and those who couldn't... of the personal battles fought with inner demons, and the final war that would determine the fate of our planet."

Synopsis from the Kingdom Come hardcover dustjacket.

Basically, Superman comes out of retirement after Kansas is accidently nuked when some of these new superheroes try to apprehend the Parasite.

Positive view:
http://www.geocities.com/mbrown123/greatest_comics/kingdomcome1.html

Dissenting view:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Atlantis/9354/KINGCOME.html

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Dec 08, 2003 3:39 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kingdom Come was THE event that got me back into comics. It's seriously one of the best stories you can read. The artwork... I doubt there has been anything to rival it short of Marvels (which oddly enough Alex Ross did).

PostMon Dec 08, 2003 3:47 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Is Ross credited for drawing that picture, Andro? That's so unlike his more common style...but it's a good pic.

Going back to an earlier subject:
Fodder wrote:
For those who dont follow comic books. Robin II was so unloved by fans. That DC ran a stunt and ran a 1-900 for him to live or die. They overwhelmly chose death. And as far I know hes never been talked about in the comics since.

This link covers the issue well-
http://www.geocities.com/mbrown123/greatest_comics/batman428.html
PostMon Dec 08, 2003 8:48 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ross did that pic, it came from his site. Ross absolutely LOVES Bruce Timms style and draws in it every now and again (he even sent some drawing to Bruce that he did of his KC Batman in Bruces style).
PostMon Dec 08, 2003 12:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ross keeps drawing me back into comics. There has been some work of his that is just absoultly mind blowing. And the level of detail like reflections in spidermans glasses and the fact that the customes wouldnt be perfectly tight that are incredible (holy run on sentence batman)

So is that supposed to be Robin in front of Bats? I hadnt read Kingdom Come. And I thought Captain Marvel was to stay dead for legal reasons or is that Shazam?
PostMon Dec 08, 2003 9:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I feel the same way about Ross' work, myself.
BTW, that's not a Timm-style drawing. Ross is drawing in the style of Kurt Schaffenberger's "SuperFriends" comic.

Fodder wrote:
So is that supposed to be Robin in front of Bats? I hadnt read Kingdom Come.

That's a middle-aged Robin all right. And the girl on the right is his daughter. Three guesses who her mother is. Wink
Quote:
And I thought Captain Marvel was to stay dead for legal reasons or is that Shazam?

They can call him Captain Marvel everywhere but in the book (or TV show) title.
PostMon Dec 08, 2003 10:19 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
I feel the same way about Ross' work, myself.
BTW, that's not a Timm-style drawing. Ross is drawing in the style of Kurt Schaffenberger's "SuperFriends" comic.

I know it's not TImm styled, what I meant was that Ross has a fascination with animation and its acompanying style.
PostMon Dec 08, 2003 11:03 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Fodder wrote:
So is that supposed to be Robin in front of Bats? I hadnt read Kingdom Come.

That's a middle-aged Robin all right. And the girl on the right is his daughter. Three guesses who her mother is. Wink

Lemme think, she looks like STARFIRE? Hehe, I think. Confused

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 1:03 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
dillpops wrote:

Keep rolling with it. I'm interested in the background details, to see how all this came about.

If you're not just saying that then I'll give you the next part too Embarassed

Thanks for the info guys, that comic looks interesting!
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 12:52 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Okay need to go to the comic book store pick up Kingdom Come. Pick up the Transformers/GI Joe series. Oh yeah see if the dreamings out in collections. And finish up Dark Knight Returns 2.

If thats a middle aged Robin that would we be a Batman Beyondish Batman (here with a weird smile) and an older Superman. Wonder Woman we learned doesnt age. Need to go look up her daughters as well. She has two children by Supes.

And now that I derailed this thread. That looks like Destiny of the Endless in the back. But im guessing its just someone who looks like him.

Anyone following "The Dreaming"? Ever since Neil Gaiman stopped writing Sandman i stopped reading it. Now that I have read "Endless Nights". Im thinking of seeing if The Dreaming is worth the time. And to give you a slight glimpse into how obsessed I was with Sandman. My sons first and middle name are Matthew Daniel. When hes 17 i'll have him read all 75 issues and learn where his name comes from. I wanted to make my daughters middle name Telute. But i couldnt find the spelling until recently. And Im glad i didnt. Might have caused her a little pain no matter my reasoning.

btw that doesnt look like StarFire to me. But hey i could be wrong. Since she looks like shes got super powers. Im guessing Bat Girl or Cat Woman arent the mom.
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 6:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I just ordered the tpb's of ross and co.'s x trilogy (earth x, universe x, paradise x) because I've I have heard it really (like KC) shook up what we know/knew iof the marvel universe.
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 8:16 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: