нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Big O on Wikipedia
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Big O on Wikipedia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: Big O on Wikipedia
There is a rather interesting paragraph in the Wiki. And yes I know its fan written. But work with me

Quote:
By the extraordinary amount of mysteries fans were wondering whether the show had actually ended or not. Recently, it has been revealed that the series is in fact unfinished. The production crew wished to create a third season to tie up the loose ends and finish the series, as per an option on the contract between Cartoon Network and Sunrise, but the network determined that the show lacked the marketability of Adult Swim's comedy offerings. This was further exemplified on March 28, 2005 when [adult swim] became a separately rated individual network. Time-Warner reports There is a great deal of controversy over the true nature of this decision however, there are behind the scene statements and rumors that there was difficulties within the ranks of Adult Swim concerning this program. The show's ratings were also not nearly as bad as Adult Swim had stated, not bringing in the highest but also not bringing in the lowest either. Due to the shady nature of all of this however, it is nothing more than rumor. Many accept the series for what it is now regardless of their stand on the true nature of the ending.

So for all that speculation we did about the final Big O episode. It really wasn't supposed to be the end? And there might be a chance for a season 3 after all? If there is what would it center on?

So many questions.

Any idea if this might be true?
PostTue Mar 07, 2006 7:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
No season 3. Sorry.

They would've announced a confirmation of a new season by now (it's been THREE YEARS!), but...nope.
PostTue Mar 07, 2006 8:26 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ask [as]: Kim Manning wrote:
And what is up with Big O Season 3?

I wasn't in on this, so I asked Jason DeMarco, who was involved in production for season 2, and here's what he said: "Unfortunately, I don't think it can happen. The ratings and DVD sales in the US and Japan were middling. The only reason Bandai made season 2 was because we asked them to, as a matter of fact. I myself am happy with the ending of the story in season 2, though the writer, Chiaki Konaka, told me he did have another idea for season 3....there you go!"

PostTue Mar 07, 2006 8:56 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Happy with the ending!?
Happy with the ending!?

Probaly liked how The Prisoner and Neon Genesis ended to
PostThu Mar 09, 2006 12:03 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
I didn't like the ending when it was called Wolf's Rain either.
PostSat Jul 29, 2006 7:42 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok now that we have resurrected this necro thread.

In hindsight. The end of Big O wasn't to horribly awful. Basically you had an idea that the writers had in their head and they ran with it. At any point they could have given up on that idea. But they refused.

They were going to rip off Truman Show and all of its clones. And damned the torpedo's they loved tomato's to. But it felt like the series was stretched from 6 to 13 episodes.

As for NGE. If it truly was a show about the kids more then the mecha (yes yes we know we know they arent mech's move on). Then the ending of the series made sense. And i really need to see the movies.

As for "The Prisoner" a non-anime. The ending of that was told by the writer this way. Paraphrasing "Ran out of time. BBC cancelled us. And I was pissed off so I did that"

Japanese anime's love to have miserable endings. Look at Akira as a movie. It didn't really have a happy ending , did it? Even Dragonball GT doesn't have a happy ending. I mean GOKU DIES! Oh sorry SPOILER ALERT!

Their an unhappy sexually repressed people. And they intend to have us live out our fantasties for 13 to 26 episodes. Then bring us back to reality.
PostSat Jul 29, 2006 7:56 am
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
The NGE movies basically have endings that screw with ya even more than the weird series ending. Enter at your own risk.
PostSat Jul 29, 2006 1:14 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sunrise should have been happy that Big O got a second season at all; and should have taken the opportunity to properly finish the series.

Yet to this day it seems Sunrise hasn't learned their lesson and continues to make their series with endings that are supposed to leave you wanting more instead of having a conclusion. I'm looking at you Gundam SEED.
PostSat Jul 29, 2006 10:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well Big O season 2 tried to be Noir like the original. But really that wasn't what sold us on the first series. Add all the new "toys" on Big O. And his becoming sentient and all. And it just got weird. Plus the whole Truman Show ending. The whole tomato thing. And the guy who did the voice acting for Alex (i think that was his name at least) was bad.

Then there was the fact they were trying to hook up 12 year old Dorothy with 30 something Roger. And you can see that it wasn't going to be right.

Plus the animation itself was underpar. Which is to be expected with the budget they had.
PostSat Jul 29, 2006 10:44 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
I thought the tone was consistent. I also placed Dorothy's appearance at around 16 or 17.

What bothered me was when I tuned in to see Big Venus attack,

AND GOT THE FUCKING END OF WOLF'S RAIN INSTEAD.
PostMon Jul 31, 2006 6:33 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
I thought the tone was consistent. I also placed Dorothy's appearance at around 16 or 17.

What bothered me was when I tuned in to see Big Venus attack,

AND GOT THE FUCKING END OF WOLF'S RAIN INSTEAD.

Haha, that's actually kinda funny.

Mostly because it didn't happen to me. But still.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Jul 31, 2006 9:21 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh I remember that "oops" night. Just a small mistake. I mean whats the importance of the end of a series.
PostMon Jul 31, 2006 12:21 pm
tenchimasake

Post subject:
I hated The End of Evangelion (the conclusion of NGE, which Gainax made after fans were outraged because of the series's original ending), too depressing. SPOILER!!!! My fave charecter died. (Won't say who, I don't want to spoil it too much) And the body was destroyed by a blast!
PostSat Feb 10, 2007 6:13 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: