нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - J's Bigass E3 Review/Newsbitlet Extravaganza!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
J's Bigass E3 Review/Newsbitlet Extravaganza!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject: J's Bigass E3 Review/Newsbitlet Extravaganza!
Accurate to a Terrifying Degree
As someone who watched all 5000 hours of G4's E3 coverage (that's right, G4 and I are back together, and not just for an X-Play quickie now and then, more on that later) I can tell you that this strip sums it up.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2008/20080716.jpg

Biggest news for the three...
*Netflix on 360~! For about five bucks a month you can stream thousands of things.
*PS3 will offer individual rentals for 3 to 5 bucks. If the Netflix library doesn't suck (and MS's pockets tell me it won't) PS3 loses here.
*People will be able to play games like 1VS. 100 on Live for real prizes.
*Soon you'll be able to watch over Live, what your friends are watching. This + Netflix equals long distance movie night! Up for it DJ?
*Wii's releaseing an add on that makes the Wiimote a much better motion detectord. They showed this when they debuted Wii Sports Arena. Sword fighting actually worked, and you can tilt a Frisbee before you throw it. This wasn't the clumsy tilt of Wii baseball it was on point.Granted this means people will have to buy even more controller add ons for the Wii after spending $40 for the Wiimote and $20 for the nunchuk, but as a slight silver lining Wii Sports Arena will include one of the adapters.
*Nintendo's promise to take care of the hardcore crowd looked like a lie if you judge them by their presentation alone. When the closest to a hardcore game is Animal Crossing, there is trouble in paradise. For the dedicated of course, the casual gamers are fine: Wii Sports Arena, Wii Music, more Rayman minigames, they're set. Anyone wanting to play a new Metroid, Mario, or even Donkey Kong is in the dark. I don't know if anyone's told you not to hold your breath for that new Kid Icarus, but in case they haven't, I'm doing it now.
*FFXIII is coming to the 360 in America. Sony loses again, but only sort of because it's still PS3 exclusive in Japan, where most people would look at an X-Box and assume it's an aesthetically unpleasing external hard drive.
*Square has a couple of interesting looking RPGs coming for the 360 so maybe they can sell more than a dozen 360s in Japan. More importantly, this means for the first time in how long , MS is owning Sony in number of JRPGs for their system in one year.
*This is an aside, but not seeing Peter Moore with the X-Box crew was weird. Then seeing that he's actually getting EA Sports to diversify, evolve, and make new games that are more than just roster updates proves that change is frightening, but sometimes it's for the best. Most (myself included) assumed Peter was jumping ship before the 360 ended up like the Dreamcast but it appears he was telling the truth: He'd set up the number one system and was now looking for a new challenge. After this guy makes EA better than Take Two what the hell is he doing next? Leading us to Mars? Lowering gas prices?
*There are so many shooters that I might write an entry just to cover them, and predict a big crash for that market. Hey the GTA ripoffs are becoming less and less profitable, it could happen.
*Not all is dark for Sony. Blueray won and there's little thing called "Little Big Planet" that will change platforming forever, build a community like you wouldn't believe, and probably be the start of momentum Sony needs.
*So to sum up, Nintendo has the best selling console, Microsoft is the JRPG machine, Sony is the platforming machine, the X-Box is making brilliant strides in getting into the casual market to fend off the PS3's superior hardware, and the PSP armed with Monster Hunter might take the handheld market from Nintendo. Talk about up is down.

I don't know why I did this, but I appear to have committed myself to a couple more entries. I'll get to them as soon as I can. Jebus, this is starting to look like an actual blog. Oh and there may be new Anthony soon.
PostTue Jul 22, 2008 2:03 am
rizwan787

Frequenter

Post subject:
Wow. I commend you for taking the time. I only got to watch Nintendo's E3, so this was helpful.
PostWed Jul 23, 2008 6:19 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
The only thing on video on the PS3 is it will include Purchase to own and tie-ins with PC and PSP on the same rental/purchase.
PostFri Jul 25, 2008 6:17 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
WhtHawk wrote:
The only thing on video on the PS3 is it will include Purchase to own and tie-ins with PC and PSP on the same rental/purchase.
People watching movies on their PC get them from torr... er I mean cheaper and watching movies on a PSP still sucks.
PostSun Jul 27, 2008 4:06 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: