нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Anime openings missing in action?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Anime openings missing in action?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Wha--? Shocked Oh, man!

Quote:
According to Mr. Greenfield, Toei Animation is simply afraid that the potentially controversial sexual innuendo and themes in the Sailorstars season may tarnish the mainstream American perception of Sailormoon as non-controversial, non-offensive animation suitable for all ages and hurt sales of Sailormoon videos and merchandise in America.

Haven't they heard of editing? Rolling Eyes

I guess they really ARE that stupid...

Let me get this straight. You people bitch and moan CONSTANTLY at editing of anime for Cartoon Network, and then SUGGEST that it be done to Sailor Moon?

GAH! Head . . .SWELLING!!! *Head explodes. Goo splatters all over Daikun.*

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 1:52 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
This is Matt Greenfield of ADV we're talking about...I don't think ADV would want to antagonize the otaku masses ( Razz ) by actually editing shows. Very Happy

But if any company has the "power of per$ua$ion" to get Toei to change its mind, it's ADV. A sub-only, uncut full-season boxset for the hardcore fans (like the first season boxset) would be right up their alley.

I believe ADV has a partnership with DiC, don't they? Whenever ADV has the uncut version of a series (Sailor Moon, Speed Racer, Saint Seiya, etc. etc.), DiC is likely 99% of the time to have the edited-for-TV version of it. So why don't they just hand over the edited rights to DiC like they always do? That way, everyone wins. Otakus have their uncut fan-ness, dub fans have Sailor Stars on TV, Toei has nothing to worry about, and everybody's just peachy.
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 2:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
All you have to do now is per$uade Toei to agree to it.

(yes, I'm going to keep doing that Wink )
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 10:08 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Let me get this straight. You people bitch and moan CONSTANTLY at editing of anime for Cartoon Network

...I'm not that type of guy. I can understand why anime has to be edited for TV. I'm not an otaku, okay?

Quote:
*Head explodes. Goo splatters all over Daikun.*

*Tastes the goo* Mmmmm... Apple-cinnamon-flavored. It'll make for some great muffins. Very Happy
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 10:30 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
It all comes back to two things, both of which have been mentioned but aparently need repeating. First is money, there must be a profit. I'd get Season 6 uncut if is was sold in a box set, but they need to sell more than two ( 1+1=2 ) to make it worth their while. The seccond reason, which has not been stated directly is partents. I don't want my box sets marked up with unsightly Parental Advisory Warnings but parents (of the non-otaku perversion) only know of Sailor Moon as a clean and mostly wholesome series with a nice moral and nothing contriversal. As we know, that is not the case, but in the presence of an unknown market for an unedited season 6, they may not see any reason to produce 6. The two ways to get season 6 licenced in the US are: one, as mentioned, start an anime company and do it your-self; or two, buy the uncut box sets of the first seasons as they come out priving that there is money to be had (ie market) and then keep lobbying for the rest of the seasons including season 6 to be released the same way (reminder of a market).

As for the idea of DiC editing season 6, do you really want to show that on TV? The very nature of season 6 will make editing very expensive to do right, and may still yeild only a mediocre result. More than likely the dub will suck even worse than the previous dubs which all had a lot of holes and incontinuitites.

The moral of the story children is...be careful what you wish for it just might come true.

God helps those who help themselves.

Go and be successful!

Sorry for the lengthy post; I feel better now.
PostFri Sep 05, 2003 3:34 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: