нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yesterday's episode was the best yet. I couldn't believe it. Kenshin was banking off of the ceiling and the walls. What a great fight scene.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 7:25 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
(this is probably all you'll see of me today)

wednesday night:

the day of decision arrives and everyone's determined to prevent kenshin from leaving...instead of waiting for okubo to arrive, kenshin departs by himself to meet with him early...

we then see okubo between appointments and a young kid infiltrating the carriage while it's moving...he delivers a message from shishio informing him that his leader is aware of his plans involving kenshin...okubo is then killed, with the cause of his death being covered up by a few revolutionaries, claiming it was their doing...kenshin catches up to the carriage and the assassin gives him an ominous message as well...

the news of okubo's death spreads throughout japan, causing obvious discomfort for everyone...kenshin decides that he must go to kyoto, but not before saying goodbye to karou, who is too saddened to speak as he walks away...

i saw this episode as a wide variety of contrasts...going from the more humorous beginning with everyone in the "kenshin group" to the tear-filled karou in a matter of twenty minutes showcased the wide variety of emotions going on...seeing kenshin and saito walking and talking after okubo's death when they were trying to kill one another yesterday seemed odd, but hints at how easily things can change after an earth-shattering event...

obviously not much of an action-filled episode, but it moves the story quite a bit...one chapter ends and another begins...
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 11:02 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
thursday night:

we see the effects of kenshin's departure upon those who's lives he's touched since arriving...karou's paralyzed in her own sadness, while sanosuke can't contain his anger over the whole thing...he decides to journey to kyoto to beat some sense into kenshin for leaving, but is stopped by saito, who refuses to allow him to go, saying sanosuke's merely a liability for kenshin...

of course, this doesn't settle well with sano, and we're launched into a rematch between him and saito...again saito has the advantage, but sano actually suprises him by refusing to go down, even catching the dominant saito in what appeared to be a finishing technique...saito stands down (in his own cool way) and sanosuke departs for kyoto, promising to get stronger so kenshin won't see him as said "liability"...

meanwhile, karou is still suffering from kenshin's goodbye until megumi shows up and knocks some sense into her...reawakened and determined to track down kenshin, both her and yahiko prepare to depart...

oddly enough, for an episode without its main character, everything held together rather well...the sano/saito fight was well done, elevating sanosuke after being completely wiped out before while showing just how good saito is even when fighting fairly...while i thought the karou thing dragged on a little, i can see it as necessary to truely move the plot along...

hard to believe it's only been four episodes...
PostFri Jun 13, 2003 9:41 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Gah, I missed it. Thanks for the recap, JJc.

PostFri Jun 13, 2003 10:04 am
XenoSabre

Post subject:
HitokiriAiko wrote:
Thanks, Angelknight2780. I am definintly looking forward for the RK manga tranlastion. If anyone else hears any news about the manga let me know.

I believe the first installment of Ruroni Kenshin Manga will be printed in next months issue of Shohen Jump....
PostFri Jun 13, 2003 1:26 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
no problem cp, it's what i do...

friday night:

it's amazing how much happened in one half-hour...here goes...

kenshin takes his own path to kyoto, hoping to avoid contact with all people knowing that shishio's vast network could easily trace him and put himself and innocents in danger...of course, we get a hilarious sequence of him being chased down by a police officer for wearing a sword that just has to be seen to be believed...

sanosuke's traveling alone as well, though he's having less success...not only is he unhappy with his current pursuit to get stronger, his sense of direction is proving to be a major handicap...

yahiko and karou say their goodbyes to everyone and take off via boat to kyoto...it's when megumi returns to the dojo where things pick up as aoishi makes his return...

without hesistation, he asks where the battousai is and threatens to kill megumi if she doesn't tell him...saito walks up and tells aoishi everything, hoping to have him as an ally...the kid assassin from the other day overhears this, and sets up a test for aoshi via four fighters working for shishio...now sporting two blades as opposed to one, these fighters have no chance and drop immediately...

the kid talks directly to aoshi, revealing himself as shishio's right-hand man sojiro...sojiro inquires about having aoishi join up, and while he initially refuses, a semi-spiritual discussion with his former members appears to convince him otherwise...

back to kenshin, who overhears a girl's scream at night...he checks to see the girl and the beaten bodies of four men as she basically picks their pockets...kenshin finds himself confronting a young female bandit as the episode rolls to a close...

i'm too exhausted after all that to comment, outside of saying i enjoyed the comedic parts of this episode (the policeman, kenshin being a penniless bum, megumi's reaction to saito, etc.)
PostFri Jun 13, 2003 6:18 pm
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
I will give CM credit, they are trying to show as much as possible, but is it good or bad that they aren't showing the previews? Cause yes they may spoil, but somebody may miss an ep cause they won't realize how good it was. I mean, did any new kenshin fans know Aoshi was gonna comeback? Misao's voice is perfect, she isn't as good as the sub, but she can even do the scream. I wonder thought, did the american actors try to portray them as the Japanese counterparts, cause David Lucas as Shishio works cause if you listen to the sub, it sounds like David lucas talking in Japanese. But look at Sano, he loses his character with that 'normal' voice he has. Same with Yahiko. He needs to be more arrogant sounding and loud. I dunno, what do you guys think? I would write more but tired......and all I would say is 'NOT SAMURAI X! AHHHH!' LOL
PostSat Jun 14, 2003 11:09 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah I like seeing Kenshin chased. But I have to say I liked watching it in Japanese more cause He runs away saying "oro". But thats not really a big deal the english VA did a good job to.
And the Part where you Find out Sano was lost was one of the funnest things next to Kenshin being picked on throughout the ep
PostSat Jun 14, 2003 6:42 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
monday night:

leaving off from last week, the female bandit is outraged at kenshin for interfering and starts a (very amusing) "fight"...kenshin is able to take back the stolen money and return it, but both him and the girl run into the local yakuza, outraged from the bandit's tricks earlier...obviously, they get out of that situation and start to walk together, seeing as they're both headed to kyoto...

it's here where we learn an interesting revelation...misao's pursuing aoishi and the oniwaban group as they left kyoto years ago...as we and kenshin know, the oniwaban were slain and aoishi and him aren't quite on friendly terms...kenshin avoids the subject, though misao continues to bother him over it...

kenshin finally decides it's best for her if they were to split up...he manages to seperate himself by jumping a large cliff and tells misao to forget about aoishi...she remains determined to find him, jumping the cliff and not quite making it, though kenshin's there for the save...he decides that she can travel with him as long as she keeps her distance...

well this was basically an introduction episode for misao, and contained quite a bit of comedy in comparison to the other episodes aired so far...the "fight" in the beginning got the biggest laughs outta me, with the deformed kenshin ducking and dodging each attack...with her ties to the oniwaban, it'll be interesting to see where the plot goes from here...
PostTue Jun 17, 2003 9:31 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, that episode was the funniest I've seen yet. They really stressed to comedy. Even when it was serious they made the characters look more comical than realisitc. It was a nice break, I suppose.

PostTue Jun 17, 2003 10:29 am
WooJae

Post subject:
One of the best things about Kenshin is how the comedy seems SO NATURAL and not forced on to the characters. Even Saitou's thought bubble was well done, with his deadpan face and delivery of his lines.

I hope those watching this for the first time are as enthralled with the show as I was when I marathoned it last year...

PS: I was just at the Toonami boards, and some folks were seriously hating Kaoru and Misao! I don't get them. Why hate such fun characters who provide both seriousness and levity to the story? Why would one sacrifice the HUMOR in Kenshin just for the action??? I just don't get that...
PostWed Jun 18, 2003 7:59 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i couldn't have said it better as the balance between comedy, seriousness, and action seems almost perfect in my eyes...

tuesday night:

kenshin and misao continue their travels toward kyoto, but come across a heavily wounded man protecting his little brother...he dies shortly after and his brother fills us in on what's going on: their hometown has been taken over by shishio's men and the japanese government has abandoned it...kenshin goes into town for a further look and finds that the boy's parents were publically executed for the older brother's actions...

kenshin takes down some of the local thugs, though one slips by and goes after misao and the boy...surprisingly, it's saito that makes the save out of nowhere...he fills us in on the older brother, saying he was a spy for the government and shishio must've found out...both saito and kenshin head out to the resort where shishio's currently staying, leaving us to wonder what happens tomorrow...
PostWed Jun 18, 2003 8:21 am
nightfall

Post subject:
Hi, new Poster. The system finally allowed me to register. Apologies in advance if I post this incorrectly; this is a new system for me.

Going back to Monday's episode:
What I found to be important was the discussion held across the cliff. Kenshin pushed Misao to forget the Oniwaban Group, because no matter what feelings they had for each other, she was left behind to keep her safe. Sound familiar? Misao shot back that her safety was of secondary nature compared to the unhappiness of not being with her loved ones. (What is more painful, death or despair?) That obviously touched Kenshin where it counted.

And please review Wednesday's ep soon. My VCR did not tape FOR NO DISCERNIBLE REASON!
PostThu Jun 19, 2003 12:14 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
nightfall wrote:

Going back to Monday's episode:
What I found to be important was the discussion held across the cliff. Kenshin pushed Misao to forget the Oniwaban Group, because no matter what feelings they had for each other, she was left behind to keep her safe. Sound familiar? Misao shot back that her safety was of secondary nature compared to the unhappiness of not being with her loved ones. (What is more painful, death or despair?) That obviously touched Kenshin where it counted.

i agree, it was a nice parallel to kenshin's own situation of leaving everyone behind when he departed for tokyo...

nightfall wrote:
And please review Wednesday's ep soon. My VCR did not tape FOR NO DISCERNIBLE REASON!

well, i haven't seen the episode yet (it's on my tape but i haven't been able to watch it), but if memory serves correctly, it went something like this...

wednesday night (rough summary off the top of my head):

kenshin and saito meet face to face with shishio and kenshin immediately demands the reasoning behind everything he's done...shishio tells his tale of knowing too much from being the "manslayer in the shadows" and having his own turn on him, burning him alive...he survived, and claims that the chaos of the revolution has burned within him for the last decade...

kenshin demands a duel, but shishio summons the guardian of the town to fight (his name escapes me at the moment, but he was mentioned on tuesday)...he's a big guy who manages to keep up with kenshin's level of speed, but this is all part of our wanderer's plan, as he makes the big guy exert so much force on his legs that his ankle snaps and takes him down...shishio is obviously annoyed, as he was hoping to see at least one of kenshin's techniques...

kenshin challenges shishio to pick up his sword as the credits roll...

that's really not the best of summaries, as i know other stuff happened, but since i'm not sure whether certain events have occurred yet, i gotta leave it at that...anyone else wanna fill in the gaps?
PostThu Jun 19, 2003 1:47 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
That summed it up okay.
PostFri Jun 20, 2003 4:25 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 16 of 29

Jump to: