нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Spike and his VGA's
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Spike and his VGA's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ach, I remember Bubble Bobble. I still have it with my Game Gear. Unfortunately, I think something went wrong, and I can never get the third sphere (the green one from level 90) to get past the boss in 100. Oh, yeah, and I only remember 1 code: IE7CB7ZV. It's for lvl 100 with the spheres other than the green one. I remember I once made it to 199, but it kept looping back to 199 whenever I beat it.
PostWed Nov 19, 2003 10:08 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think you're talking about a different Bubble Bobble, however, FAK. The one I'm talking about is form NES. Oldschool, along wiht Final Fantasy, Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, Contra, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II.

I really believe that the best games are the ones with the most pointless plots. Seriously, even Final Fantasy had an annorexic plotline. But it was damn fun. And BB? "NOW IS THE BEGINNING OF A FANTASTIC STORY! LET US MAKE A JOURNEY TO THE CAVE OF MONSETS! GOODLUCK!" That's the whole plotline . . . ^_^

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Nov 19, 2003 10:26 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Mario-

Use the power of mushrooms and flowers to defeat the monsters in the pipes to save the princess! Rolling Eyes
PostWed Nov 19, 2003 10:28 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
the "true" bubble bobble experience was playing the rather large arcade machine back in the mid-80s...of course, i was only 3 or 4 at the time, so my video game skills (as well as other traits) were in their infancy back then, but still...

i burned many an allowance on that machine...
PostThu Nov 20, 2003 9:47 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
you know what needs to happen? Duck Hunt Advance
PostThu Nov 20, 2003 12:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
hehe as wel get kids with light guns shooting at their GBA's
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Nov 20, 2003 3:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
think about how much of a crack shot they'd have to be!
PostFri Nov 21, 2003 1:39 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
they can use those tiny laser pointers... and then a month after its released, there'll be an outbreak of kids blinding each other by shooting eachother in the eyes with the lasers...

...and thus it would become the most fun toy in the history of the world... Twisted Evil

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostFri Nov 21, 2003 4:06 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:
they can use those tiny laser pointers... and then a month after its released, there'll be an outbreak of kids blinding each other by shooting eachother in the eyes with the lasers...

...and thus it would become the most fun toy in the history of the world... Twisted Evil

The pointers would have to come in little gun shapes.

but a month after all that... there would be a fatality becuase some kid pointed his duckhunt laser pointer at a cop and they thought it was a gun.
PostFri Nov 21, 2003 2:10 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok, BACK on topic.

Quote:
Rycel

Post subject: SpikeTV VGAs- Well, at least it has David Spade

http://www.spiketv.com

Think what you will about Spike Le-- oh, sorry, Spike TV ( ), but at least somebody is taking gamers seriously for once besides TechTV. Yes, on Thursday, Dec. 4, the first Video Game Awards will be televised. The categories include Best Action Game, Best Fighting Game, Best Fantasy Game, Most Addictive Game, and Best Classic Game. Mostly console titles, but a few choice PC games have made it into the top categories. Go vote for your favs now.
Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:43 pm

Kanshisha

Post subject:

I saw this advertised on spike tv awhile ago. I never thought of a VG award thing and I was amazed techtv didnt do one yet since they do have Xplay on techtv and they are about tech stuff.
Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:47 am

AnimePrime

Post subject:

We already discused this here. http://www.toonamiinfolink.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1072

And it's about time games got an awards show.
PostWed Dec 03, 2003 1:00 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
The winners were announced, and one word sticks out.

Rigged.

Game of the Year: Madden NFL 2004 (WTF?!)
Sports Game of the Year: Tony Hawk Underground (Again, WTF?! How the hell can a game win Gane of the Year, but not Sports Game of the year?!)
Best Action Game: True Crime: Streets of LA
Best Animation: Dead or Alive: Xtreme Volleyball (No surprise here.)
Best Driving Game: NASCAR Thunder 2004 (Consider Glassthorn surprised.)
Best Game Based on a Movie: Enter the Matrix (Since when did buggy games become popular enough to win awards?)
Best Music in a Game: Def Jam Vendetta (And Castlevania: Lament of Innocence wasn't even nominated )
Best Performance by a Human: Ray Liotta - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Most Anticipated Game: Halo 2
Most Addictive Game: Soul Caliber 2 (Okay, I can agree with this too. SC2 is a great game.)
Best PC Game: Halo: Combat Evolved (I'm not too sure, but I think that most PC gamers hate this game a lot.)
Best Online Game: Final Fantasy XI (It's Final Fantasy. No surprise here.)
Best Handheld Game: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Over FF Tactics Advance? Ugh. Stupid voters.)
Best Fighting Game: WWE Smackdown!: Here Comes the Pain
Best First-Person Action Game: Call of Duty
Best Fantasy Game: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (God almighty, these voters are inconsistant!)
Best Classic Video Game: No winner.
PostSun Dec 07, 2003 2:09 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
A)This is why I don't watch awards shows. They are consistently wrong in their choices.

B) What do you mean by Best Classic Game: No winner?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Dec 07, 2003 2:50 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I like how you just said that the judges opinions are wrong.

Anywho alot of the winner choices can easily be explained.

Game of the Year: Madden NFL 2004 (WTF?!)
-- Madden was HUGE this year acrossed all platforms, it's no real suprise to me

Sports Game of the Year: Tony Hawk Underground (Again, WTF?! How the hell can a game win Gane of the Year, but not Sports Game of the year?!)
-- Most likely because THUG was more fun to play, offered a more than Madden, but was voted on after GOTY so the judges were ok with not giving it to madden.

Best Action Game: True Crime: Streets of LA
Best Animation: Dead or Alive: Xtreme Volleyball (No surprise here.)
-- IF you have played DOAXVB you would so agree, the animation they captured here is so lifelike, they even have all the secondary and tritiary motions found in the body.

Best Driving Game: NASCAR Thunder 2004 (Consider Glassthorn surprised.)
Best Game Based on a Movie: Enter the Matrix (Since when did buggy games become popular enough to win awards?)
-- Everyone I've talked to really enjoyed Enter the Matrix, so there is no reason for it not to win just because you didn't like it maybe. Besides, Movie games are almost never good.

Best Music in a Game: Def Jam Vendetta (And Castlevania: Lament of Innocence wasn't even nominated )
-- Was released to late in the game to be nominated

Best Performance by a Human: Ray Liotta - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Most Anticipated Game: Halo 2
Most Addictive Game: Soul Caliber 2 (Okay, I can agree with this too. SC2 is a great game.)
Best PC Game: Halo: Combat Evolved (I'm not too sure, but I think that most PC gamers hate this game a lot.)
Best Online Game: Final Fantasy XI (It's Final Fantasy. No surprise here.)
-- Considering how much MMORPG's blow and how FFXI has drawn people into that realm of gaming more than any other before its no suprise it won.

Best Handheld Game: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Over FF Tactics Advance? Ugh. Stupid voters.)
-- eh, haven't played either of them on gba. Lord knows I didn't like tactics when it was on psx.

Best Fighting Game: WWE Smackdown!: Here Comes the Pain
Best First-Person Action Game: Call of Duty
Best Fantasy Game: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (God almighty, these voters are inconsistant!)
-- Best online game is a much different beast than best role playing. KotOR was a phenomenal game.

Best Classic Video Game: No winner.
PostSun Dec 07, 2003 10:58 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
I happen to agree with the naysayers in this case. Vehemently. But there are very logical answers to why the VGAs turned out the way they did. Well, okay, so the logic I speak of has more to do with SpikeTV than it does with actual logic.
*What follows is my rant on the VGAs. If you find any difficulty in comprehending this mass of gobbldygook, place your head between your legs and breathe in a paper sack for 20-60 seconds.*

First off, I'd like to take the opportunity to slap the programming directors up their pointy little heads. You don't advertise an awards show by listing appearances/performances by people when they're only nominated in one category. You are practically announcing the winners before the show airs.
Secondly, if you're going to do a show about video games, get people in charge who know what the hell they're doing! SpikeTV is not the channel to have a show about games, unless, however, you choose to devote your time to games that feature half-naked women and men in spandex beating the crap out of each other (which, incedentally, it was).
Thirdly, don't allow online voting on your site if you've already taped the show weeks in advance. People will vote up to the very last second before the show starts, and all those votes won't mean jack-diddly because you've already signed a deal with DMX to perform as a celebration of his game's winning a catergory in which he didn't even deserve to be nominated.
Fourthly...well, I could also go up to twenty-sixthly at this point. My point is, SpikeTV, you screwed up royally. You had no business doing this in the first place. The only good part of the show were the "Secret Lives of Games" bits, and most weren't funny anyway. Do your homework before you have a show like this. Who is your main audience for a show like this: skilled, passionate gamers who care about quality. Who is your core demographic: drunken men who play DOA:XBV because the quality of jiggle engine is their main criteria for buying a game. Sweet Jeebus, your host (who I can tell has no respect for games anyway) insulted the top two SC2 players in the country to their faces. If you ever plan on doing this again, take a lesson from any of the other millions of award shows out there and how they run them. They may be boring as hell, but they do it right.
PostMon Dec 08, 2003 2:47 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Note that I C+P'd that from another MB, so don't ask who Glassthorn is.

Other than that, I agree. Play the last level of ETM.
PostMon Dec 08, 2003 8:24 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: