нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Was InuYasha ever on Toonami weekdays?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Was InuYasha ever on Toonami weekdays?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aznmavboi

Post subject: Was InuYasha ever on Toonami weekdays?
I remember back in 2003, Toonami had InuYasha on Toonami weekdays at 6:30pm. Some guy on the G4 forums says that never happened. So was it ever on Toonami weekdays? I could've sworn it was.
PostMon May 30, 2005 9:57 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
No, not in the US anyway.
PostMon May 30, 2005 10:11 pm
aznmavboi

Post subject:
Are you serious? I could've sworn watching it on weekdays for a little while in 2003...or was it 2002? Anyway, I could've sworn it was on at 6:30 for a little while in the states. Anyone else?
PostMon May 30, 2005 10:14 pm
soupcan58

Post subject:
Yeah, I remember Toonami from then, and Inuyasha never ran. In fact, none of Rumiko's shows have aired on television in the US in any other block than Adult Swim(which still, that's only one series).
PostMon May 30, 2005 10:18 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
soupcan58 wrote:
In fact, none of Rumiko's shows have aired on television in the US in any other block than Adult Swim(which still, that's only one series).

Urusei Yatsura aired in a few cities back in the late-seventies or early eighties, but I wouldn't expect you to know that... Wink
PostMon May 30, 2005 10:22 pm
aznmavboi

Post subject:
Well, here's what I remember. Inuyasha began airing on cartoon network back in 2002. But then, it wasn't on Adult Swim, rather it was on during CN's random Saturday night block (9:00pm - Teen Titans, 9:30pm - YYH, 10:00 - Inuyasha). *Edit: now that I remember it, adult swin started at 10 back then, so yes, Inuyasha did start on Adult Swim...sorry* I even remember missing the first epsidoe because I was stupid. A few months later, I saw a promo for Inuyasha on Toonami at 6:30pm on Fridays. The only reason I remember the first episode of Inuyasha was because I saw it on Toonami, and not Adult Swim. Inuyasha was added to Adult Swim later as Adult Swim started with Cowboy Bebop and something else I can't remember.
PostMon May 30, 2005 10:26 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
aznmavboi wrote:
Well, here's what I remember. Inuyasha began airing on cartoon network back in 2002. But then, it wasn't on Adult Swim, rather it was on during CN's random Saturday night block (9:00pm - Teen Titans, 9:30pm - YYH, 10:00 - Inuyasha). I even remember missing the first epsidoe because I was stupid. A few months later, I saw a promo for Inuyasha on Toonami at 6:30pm on Fridays. The only reason I remember the first episode of Inuyasha was because I saw it on Toonami, and not Adult Swim. Inuyasha was added to Adult Swim later as Adult Swim started with Cowboy Bebop and something else I can't remember.

Completely and utterly wrong.
That "random Saturday night block" was the original Adult Swim Action, and Inuyasha, YYH and Cowboy Bebop were all there.

Teen Titans didn't start until July 2003.
PostMon May 30, 2005 10:36 pm
soupcan58

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:

Urusei Yatsura aired in a few cities back in the late-seventies or early eighties, but I wouldn't expect you to know that... Wink

You're right, I wouldn't. Mostly because that was before I was born. Razz
PostMon May 30, 2005 10:41 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Inu Yasha has always only been an Adult Swim show. It never aired on Toonami, Miguzi, or Saturday Video Entertainement System (is that what it was before Toonami movied to Saturdays? I forget now . . . )

So, your memory is wrong. It has aired on weeknights, however. But it was on Adult Swim on those weeknights. So, while you get a daily does of the dog-eared half-demon, it was never on Toonami. Trust me, you would be pissed if it was edited to the Toonamin standard, especially if it was the weekday Toonami.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue May 31, 2005 12:29 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Here's a little history to sort this Saturday stuff out:

February 2002 - Adult Swim spawns its own Action block on Saturdays (11PM-2AM). Yu Yu Hakusho premieres here at 11PM.

August 2002 - Inuyasha makes its U.S. Cartoon Network premiere on Adult Swim Action (Saturdays at 11PM).

January 2003 - Adult Swim moves to weeknights. The Saturday Action block is dropped. Inuyasha continues premieres on weeknights at 12:30AM (alongside Lupin III premieres at midnight) for a few weeks.

March 2003 - SVES (Saturday Video Entertainment System), a Toonami spinoff block, is born (7PM-2AM). Two days later, Yu Yu Hakusho moves from Adult Swim to Toonami.

May 2003 - Yu Yu Hakusho reruns air on SVES' schedule for a while at 10PM (sorry azn; it wasn't 9:30).

June 2003 - YYH reruns leave SVES by the end of the month.

July 2003 - Teen Titans premieres on SVES at 9PM (as azn posted).

What was Inuyasha doing throughout the whole year? Airing exclusively on Adult Swim on weeknights at either 12AM or 12:30AM. It has never aired anytime before 11PM on U.S. CN.
PostTue May 31, 2005 2:09 am
Alshoff

Post subject:
Inuyasha could technically air earlier if you live in the Central Time zone or something.
PostTue May 31, 2005 10:58 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Alshoff wrote:
Inuyasha could technically air earlier if you live in the Central Time zone or something.

Or Hawaii's time zone. Laughing
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 4:05 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Or if you have satelite.
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 1:51 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Or if your a time traveler and bring your DVD's back in time with you to 4pm EST!

Or if your on a Space Station and time means nothing

Or if your Genghis Khan in ancient times watching it in the blood of his fallen enemies at 1pm GMT
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 6:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Or if your a time traveler and bring your DVD's back in time with you to 4pm EST!

Or if your on a Space Station and time means nothing

Or if your Genghis Khan in ancient times watching it in the blood of his fallen enemies at 1pm GMT

Is anyone else intrigued as to the science behind watching it in the blood of one's enemies? Anyone? I'm looking in your direction people-from-Las-Vegas . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 01, 2005 8:01 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: