нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Need recommendation
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Need recommendation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: Need recommendation
Well with Big O wrapping up. And some free time at home while i wait for my new assignment. Im looking at renting some anime from Netflix. So i would like some ideas.

Heres a list of what i liked

Big O
Tranzor Z
Voltron
Orignal transformers
DragonBall Z (love mindless destruction)
Robotech
Ninja Scroll
Fist of the North Star
MD Geist
PatLabor (though very preachy)
Evangelion
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Vampire Hunter D (both versions)
Gundam Wing, 0083 ect
Akira

So i like a lot of animes with vehicles, mechs, or generally mindless killing. I also liked the story in Big O. The story, yes it existed, in Robotech. And plot heavy animes like hack/sign.

Series or OAV Im open to recommendations as long as Netflix has them at least. I watched Tenchi but couldnt fiqure out why. And i know all of you to be pretty well versed in Anime.

Ideas?
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 10:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Well If your looking for hentai, just ask ::drum roll:: Dreadnot or Joho bono cause those are to horny bastards who know what hentai is good.

If you have broad band, i'd recommend geting some of the recent fansubs. I recommend getting Scrapped Princess and Hikaru No Go.
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 10:46 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
scrapped princess is good...
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 10:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Extremely good
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 11:02 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Have you tried Escaflowne? It's got mecha, blood, more blood, weird plot twists, another dose of blood, and finally sex changes.

Spriggan is a good action movie, and has a decent story, to boot.

I assume you've seen MS Gundam: 08th MS Team, and just lumped it in with the others . . .

Another movie worth looking at (if you like being jerked back to reality in series) is Perfect Blue. It's really mental, or possibly detri-.

OAV - I'd suggest Read or Die. It's got some really fun sequences involving paper products and/or selectively-corporeal-hot-chick-clone-on-clone-action.

I want to push Saishuu-Heiki Kanojou (a.k.a SaiKano or She, the Ultimate Weapon), but you probably won't find it on Netflix until it's liscenced in America, and I'm not sure you're into love stories. It's about war, but it doesn't have much action, just a lot of death, pain, and people doing things for the wrong reasons.
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 11:18 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
The new Mazinkaiser looks pretty cool.
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 11:49 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Martian Successor Nadesico and Dai-Guard (both highly recommended)

The original Saint Seiya. You know, the GOOD version from ADV. DiC must burn for their sins. Evil or Very Mad

If you're into old-school, you might wanna give Gigantor a check. Just be careful not to bore yourself, though. (There are quite a few who would, since it's old and in black and white...and, to top it all off, kinda cheesy. Laughing)

Berserk (Nice and gruesome, just the way you like it. Twisted Evil)

Last edited by Daikun on Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 3:46 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Saw the movie for escaflowne. Havent seen the entire series. Also watched Bastard! which i thought was boring. Im not in Hentai in any way or shape or form. But thats another discussion isnt it. If i was when Dorothy's legs were spred on the motorcycle and missiles came out in Big O. I would have enjoyed it. I thought it was stupid, demented and the authors needed to see a shrink.

I will look into some of the other recommendations. And i will have to see if i can get my hands on the new Tranzor Z. Since Nobu recommended it to.
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 1:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Lets see i queued up Ranma 1/2 vol 1
Spriggan

City Hunter: .357 Magnum

Slayers:

Escaflowne: Vol. 1: Dragons and Destiny - volume 4

Netflix has a good selection but apprently some of your movies are a little above what they have. Spriggan and Escaflowe were recommended. I have heard a lot about Slayers, any comments? And is this the same City Hunter made into that awful live action with Jackie Chan?
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 1:52 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I noticed thay had Gasaraki, that might work for you.
Or, since you liked Robotech, check out what Macek's done with Aura Battler Dunbine.
Since you liked .hack//SIGN, I'd recommend Noir (same director and music composer), but it's really slow until about halfway in, then the good stuff kicks in on the last two discs.
Rather have chicks with guns AND action? Gunsmith Cats for sure.
And maybe Bubblegum Crisis (either version).
I still think you should give Dual! a try.
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 1:57 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Okay Nobu added one of each to my queue. Thanks. I will open posts as I see them.

Btw if i remember right your name matches your avatar. So why was he called Bear in Hack//Sign and what was his career in real life?
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 2:16 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
It's tough for me to recommend things, because I like comedy (esp. ecchi humor) more than pure blood-gushing action. "Fun" is always the first factor in my liking anything.

Fodder wrote:

Btw if i remember right your name matches your avatar. So why was he called Bear in Hack//Sign and what was his career in real life?

Actually, the user name is from Tenchi (his dad), the Bear pic is FAK's suggestion.
As for Bear himself, I think he's *an author, or rather THE author of the book that Crim quoted and Silver Knight had read in high school. Think of Bear among the likes of J.D. Salinger.*

And you're right about City Hunter.

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 3:34 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobu, for all intents and purposes that we've seen, you are Bear-san.
Including the proffesion.
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 6:33 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know that at least one City Hunter movie is good, so I'd say give it a shot.

Slayers is magic beat-em-up, with lots of humor attached. I recommend it.
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 8:47 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
I was going to suggest Gasaraki, but Nobu already said it, so I'll just second him on that one...

Also, I don't know how you feel about Rurouni Kenshin, but if you don't feel like trying to get the entire gigantic TV series, try the OVAs (called Samurai X here in the U.S., because it's released by ADV and not Media Blasters, so they didn't want to confuse people by having multiple titles out there called Rurouni Kenshin, even though changing their names just seems to make it even more confusing).

Other than that, maybe wait until more episodes of Witch Hunter Robin come out (I just saw the first DVD in the store, and I WANT IT!!... sorry)...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 10:52 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: