нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Wait...what?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Wait...what?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject: Wait...what?
Okay, I can understand CN showing Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I can understand them showing The Goonies. But showing Snow Day, a Nickelodeon Movie? I'm confused. Is that like free advertisment or something? What's next? The Rugrats Movie?
PostMon Jan 16, 2006 7:52 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Its the nature of the change at Cartoon Network. Im waiting for them to stop calling it that. And just refer to it as CN. Then slowly change what the CN stands for.

Whats kind of interesting to note is this. Look at the movies CN runs. Then you will see them pop up all over the other Turner networks within one to two weeks.

We can hope that maybe Adult Swim truly does become its own channel and goes to 24 hours. The same way Nick at Night became TV Land. Because otherwise we are just getting to old to be the demographic of CN before midnite.
PostWed Jan 18, 2006 1:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Whats kind of interesting to note is this. Look at the movies CN runs. Then you will see them pop up all over the other Turner networks within one to two weeks.

Thankfully, the reverse appears to be true as well.
It looks like after the Ghibli movie festival that airs on Turner Classic Movies this month, it'll be CN's turn to show them, or at least one of them. Cool

Mark your calendar for the CN premiere of Oscar-winner Spirited Away on Friday, February 3rd at 7:00 PM EST.
PostSun Jan 22, 2006 11:09 am
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Oh heck yeah!
PostSun Jan 22, 2006 3:23 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ooooo, shiny. I mean, I own it, but still, I approve.

Now I just have to wait until March 7th so that I can own Howl's Moving Castle . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jan 22, 2006 7:30 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Let's see... Should I watch Spirited Away on CN with the added distraction of commercials, or should I go buck wild and buy it along with Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke, and Howl in a few months?
PostMon Jan 30, 2006 1:27 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Watch it, then buy it. Hell, I own it, and plan on watching it, despite the TV being a mere 10 feet from the book case on which the DVD resides.

PostMon Jan 30, 2006 2:02 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Excellent advice, CP. Mind if I call you CP?
PostMon Jan 30, 2006 3:50 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thats MISTER Counter Paradox to you
PostMon Jan 30, 2006 6:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Only I can call him CP. Remember that.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostMon Jan 30, 2006 7:24 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
No Vegito, you must call me Sugar Fluff, and sing and dance the night away with me!

PostMon Jan 30, 2006 8:28 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
And you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay...(I bet even Fodder doesn't remember that one) Wink

Anyway, it looks like if you miss Spirited Away at 7, you can catch an encore presentation at 12:30 that same night, just after Naruto.
PostMon Jan 30, 2006 8:42 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
It's at 7? Gah, that's so early . . . it should SO start at 8:30. Or 9. Either would be perfect. Gah!

PostTue Jan 31, 2006 1:31 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
And you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay

I'm sad to say that no I don't get the reference. So yes Nobu you got me on an old pop culture, I'm guessing, reference.

edit - Ok so I consulted the wife and she said its from a TV show from when we grew up. But she can't remember the title.
Ok found a google match
http://www.bobcongdon.net/blog/2003/09/you-can-call-me-ray-you-can-call-me.html
PostTue Jan 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ahh, Google... is there nothing you CAN't do? Laughing
PostTue Jan 31, 2006 5:15 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: