нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Fullmetal Alchemist Comes to Cartoon Network
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Fullmetal Alchemist Comes to Cartoon Network
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbzgundam

Post subject:
The editing should not be too strong if Adult Swim is the definite block for FMA, however..... FUNi has bad VA's, so yes, the dub will automatically suck. Rolling Eyes
PostSun Aug 01, 2004 12:32 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
...lol that sucks...Hopefully they won't mess up to bad, Why can't they jsut leave it the way it is(I know why...its just a figurative question)
PostSun Aug 01, 2004 12:35 am
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz wrote:
...I can't believe FMA is going to toonami...its gunna get ruined...the voice acting sucks...and they are going to cut out a lot like they always do -_- lol

...only 10 more eps until its over...The series ends on episode 52...I think up to 42 is subbed. 43 may be out raw i'm not too sure though

Shows every Saturday, The raw is released on Sunday. Sub comes out the next sunday.
PostSun Aug 01, 2004 4:01 am
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
...subs come out the next sunday!....thats too long -_-...but I can wait.
PostSun Aug 01, 2004 10:46 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Fullmetal Alchemist:
The movie is indeed a possibility, but nothing could be said at this time. The Cartoon Network broadcast will be uncut, but digital painting to reduce blood and things of that sort might happen if CN thinks its necessary. FUNi is working to get as many of the Japanese extras as possible. Only the first OP sequence will be used for the CN broadcast, but all the correct OP and ED sequences will be present on the DVDs. The dub that was presented at Otakon is not the finished dub; there is still some rerecording and other minor work to be done. The price per DVD is $24.98 as is the standard for the majority of FUNi's DVDs

From a Funi panel report from Otakon I think. For those of you confused about the Movie part it's been announced that there will be a FMA movie made sometime in 2005(I think... go google it).. It is said to take place 2 years after the end of the TV series.
PostTue Aug 03, 2004 9:24 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
Me thinks that it has something to do wth something in the movie not wrapping up, and it being wrapped in 90 minutes.
PostWed Aug 04, 2004 1:51 am
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
I read one chapter in the manga....chapter 29 becasue I was curios about it....and I already saw a difference between the manga and the anime. in that chapter you see the fuhrer fighitng Greed...wehn that never happend in the anime.
PostWed Aug 04, 2004 3:40 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thanks for that spoiler warning....
PostWed Aug 04, 2004 8:33 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz wrote:
I read one chapter in the manga....chapter 29 becasue I was curios about it....and I already saw a difference between the manga and the anime. in that chapter you see the fuhrer fighitng Greed...wehn that never happend in the anime.

So you pick a random chapter read it, knwoing absolutley no backstory on what is happening at that point in time, sure you may have watched the seris and knew the basic backstory. I am baffled why didnt you start from chapter 1 and work your way up to the end and enjoy a very good Full Metal Alchemist story, enjoy the orginal Full Metal Alchemist story. The anime fork's early from the manga and continues on a completly different path. Now... Now... The only thing that has me fired up about this is that you spoil an important part for the rest of us, you read one random chapter and blurt it out for all of us to see and spoil a part of that chapter for no reason at all, you could of said something along the lines of this (excuse me for editing a quote, but for claritry issues)

Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz should have wrote:
I deciced to read a chapter in the FMA manga, after reading a random chapter, I saw a clear difference between the anime and the manga. I'm off to read the rest of the manga to finish a great story. You should read it to if you enjoy Full Metal Alchemist. I sure do!

PostThu Aug 05, 2004 2:20 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Okay right now you people gotta stop. Enough of the whiny bitching about fansubs...IT"S FREAKIN OLD!

Not only are you so obsessive about these shows that you're actually waiting weekly for them to be fansubbed, but you're pissed off because it's finnaly going to come to the US legally. Do you have any sort of economic or personal morals guided by anything outside of your freakin wallets!

On top of it, you're complaining about shit you're getting FOR FREE!
PostSun Aug 15, 2004 3:36 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hang on just a second, Zechs--you said it yourself: they've been waiting on it every week since it started airing. If you had been painstakingly following a series for upwards of a year, and suddenly you can't see then next episode for another year, wouldn't you be kind of upset? Just think back to the last great anime you saw, and think about if you had a year gap between two crucial episodes near the end--but not only that, you had to learn to deal with an entirely new set of VAs and toned-down violence and religious referrences.
In this case, that fear of waiting a year will almost always outweigh any sense of 'economic morality' that an anime fan might have, particularly since most will buy the DVDs when they can. Funny thing about those DVDs though: you can't buy them yet.
So while I agree that it is indeed an old and tired subject, it'd be nice for the licensing company to turn a blind-eye to fansubbers at least until the series has finished airing in Japan, particularly when the air dates are so far away, and the time at which the untainted version can be purchased is even farther.
Remember what happened with Raxepheleon (sp?)? It got licensed so quickly that no one had seen any fansubs when the DVDs came out, so very few people wanted to put in the investment to buy it without having seen it, or the large amount of by-mouth hpye that most good animes get.

Last edited by John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo on Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Aug 15, 2004 4:14 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
There's no risk of the torrents shutting down. The series has been liscensed for months now and nothing seems to be slowing. When it starts airing I doubt that will change. Inuyasha has been airing for years and you'll still see tons of torrents for it.

And yes Bono, I agree that without fansubs very few people would know of the series beforehand and sales might be hindered by that. I don't condemn fansubs, I download lots of them myself. The only thing that pisses me off is when people are inconsiderate of the companies who liscense anime. It's as if they wish that no anime came to america and everything was just fansubbed and free and we could live in a land full of peace and ponies.

ADV, Geneon, AN, all these complanies try their best to produce a good product. Many of them are fans, they're not faceless evil people bent on denying you pleasure without forking over your life savings. Liscensing is a GOOD thing, dubbing can also sometime be a GOOD thing. These issues have been beaten to death since freakin Macross.
PostSun Aug 15, 2004 7:47 pm
yusuke_fan

Post subject:
forgive me if the answer has already been posted or i might be alittle laght in the timeing, [cause i usually am] um when is it going to be airing? i have always wanted to see the dubd ever sence i saw it lastyear at anime club
PostWed Sep 29, 2004 12:49 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: