нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Old time CN Shows
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Old time CN Shows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeenCrusader4

Post subject: Old time CN Shows
Remember that Hoop Squad show?

Remember that old Batman show?

Remember that show with the kids that have halos and wings?
I was a big fan of that show. Too bad I don't remember the name.

Remember that Super Friend show?

Remember that old Scooby Doo show?

Remember that old CN logo?

Remember those old shows you want to talk about?

It already has begun, and there is no stopping what is meant to be. Raven- The End - Teen Titans

Idiots do cool things, that's why it's cool.-FLCL

Last edited by TeenCrusader4 on Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Jun 11, 2005 11:55 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Scooby Doo and Superfriends are both on Boomerang.

But I do remember a great show that died young. SWAT Kats.
PostSun Jun 12, 2005 1:22 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Animation Discussion, perhaps? Wink

Anyway...

As much as I still love CN today, I still do have a piece of my brain for nostalgia.

I miss the classic cartoons. The campy classics gave me a warm, comfy feeling to watch the network for hours on end. Now with those gone, I feel like a part of it has died. Sad Also, removing those cartoons killed a lot of the variety that CN used to have. Now the schedule is just overrun to death with the handful of modern shows like Teen Titans and Cartoon Cartoon marathons.

I keep praying every day that my cable company will accept Boomerang as part of my digital cable service, but noooooooo... Evil or Very Mad

Well, they sort of DO have it, but it's in Spanish and requires a limited subscription, so I don't think I'll be wanting that... Wink
PostSun Jun 12, 2005 5:43 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Animation Discussion, perhaps? Wink

I suppose...
PostSun Jun 12, 2005 6:38 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Boomerang needs to expand its lineup. Its still to focused on the late sixities to the mid-seventies. Every so often a newer show sneaks in. Some of them are real crap. Sky Commanders anyone? But on the plus side they do run Centurions which may be toyorific. But is still a decent little cartoon.

SWAT Kats The Radical Squadron is running either on Boomerang or as part of Jetix. Im sure Nobu knows. But I know i have seen it on my guide enough times. And it has held up to time a lot better then what I expected.

They did have the Battle of The Planets marathon for all the G-Force geeks which was cool as well. Plus sometimes Boomeraction will sneak in Thundercats or Silverhawks or some such older cartoon.

Superfriends runs constantly on it as well. Although if you watch them now you get a real feeling of "We liked this crap"? The same can be said of the old Batman TV Show that the new cartoon wants to be like. The live action one not the animated series which to me is a classic.

Im not sure why CN or Boomerang isnt showing Batman:TAS or Superman. I believe they still own the rights to them. And I suspect the DVD's sell well. It just might be they are to old for today's audience who likes the new Batman series. And we havent even seen a new run of Batman Beyond in awhile as well.

Nobu who owns Outlaw Star now?

Why hasnt Boomerang shown MASK or the original Transformers? Maybe get their hands cheaply on the old Tranzor Z license.

Do try to catch the old GI Joe's that run on Boomerang if you can as well. The show aged very well. And although the later seasons are more toyorific then the first couple. The first couple explore some very interesting plots. Like kidnapping families and such. Things that wouldnt be allowed in today's cartoons. Or for that matter on ones from the mid 80's.

Ah memories of when i was a kid forcing this stuff on my children.
PostSun Jun 12, 2005 9:32 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
SWAT Kats The Radical Squadron is running either on Boomerang or as part of Jetix.

Wha--? Disney got SWAT Kats? Shocked How is that possible? Could you be referring to international Jetix, where the licensing rights might be different?

Quote:
Im not sure why CN or Boomerang isnt showing Batman:TAS or Superman. I believe they still own the rights to them. And I suspect the DVD's sell well. It just might be they are to old for today's audience who likes the new Batman series. And we havent even seen a new run of Batman Beyond in awhile as well.

I don't believe Superman is old enough for Boomerang material (unless maybe you mean the Fleischer cartoons, then it would fit, or the UK version of the network, which airs new cartoons, mainly because they're based on old characters [the 2003 Duck Dodgers remake is on there]).

Quote:
who owns Outlaw Star now?

Bandai. Get the DVDs. The show's TV days are extinct.

Quote:
Why hasnt Boomerang shown MASK or the original Transformers?

I'm surprised that CN wasn't able to air the original Transformers at all, especially since parent company Turner had the rights to the series in the early 90s (I remember getting up in 1993-1995 to watch it at around 6AM on TNT). Why they're not airing it now, I'm presuming it expired long ago.
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 3:08 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well it wont be the internation jetix im watching. But I know I have seen SWAT Kats on my guide. Easy enough to check it to see when its next on.

As for the old Supermans. I think Boomerang is actually showing the original shorts. I know I have seen them as well recently. Damn my brain for forgetting where I have seen these shows.

Your right about Superman:TAS being to new. But Batman:TAS season 1 and 2 are probaly old enough to qualify.

The only reason the first gen of Transformers might be licensed right is due to a remake they are doing or because of the live action movie they are making. Its probaly tying up the licensing.

But that doesnt explain MASK, GoBots or a hundred other 80's cartoons they must have in their library. Plus the early animes like Tranzor. Since Im sure Robotech and G-Force werent the only two that were renamed. Heck how many names has the orignal Voltran series had now?
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 7:23 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TeenCrusader4

Post subject:
What was that show called with the Angel kids and that kid who knew the Angels? I don't remember it that much. It was so long ago. But I know that there were kids with angel wings and a halo over their heads.

It already has begun, and there is no stopping what is meant to be. Raven- The End - Teen Titans

PostThu Jun 16, 2005 6:57 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok my heads going to explode trying to piece that one together. Although when i hear it im going to hate myself for forgetting something so basic.
PostThu Jun 16, 2005 10:56 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
TeenCrusader4 wrote:
What was that show called with the Angel kids and that kid who knew the Angels? I don't remember it that much. It was so long ago. But I know that there were kids with angel wings and a halo over their heads.

Do you mean The Gary Coleman Show?
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 11:09 pm
TeenCrusader4

Post subject:
I don't know what i mean. All i have is the image of the kids with the wings and like a white dress on.

PostFri Jun 17, 2005 11:15 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Old time CN Shows
TeenCrusader4 wrote:
Remember that Hoop Squad show?

Harlem Globetrotters
PostSat Jun 18, 2005 12:11 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: