Clone Wars Marathon Draws Top Tween Delivery for Cartoon Network
Date: Tuesday, May 17 @ 23:30:29 EDT
One week prior to the highly anticipated opening of the new Star Wars feature film, Cartoon Network’s Emmy Award-winning Star Wars: Clone Wars earned the network’s top tweens 9-14 delivery of the week across its three-hour marathon on Saturday (7-10 p.m.), according to Nielsen Media Research. The marathon presentation also tied the tweens 9-14 delivery and ratings of a brand new episode of Codename: Kids Next Door (Friday, 6:30 p.m.), which kicks off Cartoon Network’s signature FRIDAYS franchise (6:30 p.m. – 12 a.m.). Both programming events helped Cartoon Network achieve double-digit delivery growth for the week among its target demo, kids 6-11.
Highlights of the Star Wars: Clone Wars marathon, Cartoon Network weekly performance and FRIDAYS’ gains vs. the same time period last year follow the break...
Star Wars: Clone Wars (Saturday, 7-10 p.m.)
* Tweens 9-14 delivery (769,000) rocketed by 141% and ratings (3.1) by 138%.
* Kids 6-11 delivery (817,000) and ratings (3.4) both shot up by 70%.
CARTOON NETWORK Overall Kids 6-11 (Monday-Sunday)
* Prime Time (8-11 p.m.): Kids 6-11 delivery (680,000) advanced by 11% and ratings (2.8) by 8%.
* Kids Total Day (6 a.m.-6 a.m.): Kids 6-11 delivery (438,000) rose by 10% and ratings (1.8) by 6%.
FRIDAYS (Friday, 6:30 p.m. – 12 a.m.)
* Kids 6-11 delivery (875,000) increased by 49% and ratings (3.6) by 44%.
* Kids 2-11 delivery (1,248,000) improved by 37% and ratings (3.1) by 35%.
Codename: Kids Next Door
* Ranked #1 in its time period in delivery, rating on all basic cable with boys 6-11 and boys 2-11.
* Tweens 9-14 delivery (769,000) expanded by 45% and ratings (3.1) by 41%.
* Kids 6-11 delivery (965,000) jumped by 49% and ratings (4.0) by 48%.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.8 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 5/9/05-5/15/05