нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Impressed but VERY freaked out!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Impressed but VERY freaked out!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
The things i remember most are the more hidden references to the fans of the series. Such as the fact that bruce was wearing his Grey Ghost costume when they faught inque.
PostSun Nov 02, 2003 7:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah that was a nice one. I liked when Terry had to whip out the old school stuff to fight XD who's Utility belt did he use?

Quote:
The Mr. Freeze episode was classic. Very well done, if a little reminiscent of the repeated deaths of Zero from the megaman X series.

Hey Zero died about twice(unless you count the time he frooze himself). But as the BB did the X series has also out lived it's welcome... They even have a MM X RPG coming out too...
PostMon Nov 03, 2003 4:10 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
More studios need to have the quality and sophistication of both writing and animation execution that the Dini/Timm series have displayed over and over again. If america would just be willing to produce more along the quality of those two then the american animation market would shift back to the point of quality over quantity.

Shows like X-Men: Evolution, Teen Titans, even Duck Dodgers have been proving that people are getting it unfortunatly it seems like Cartoon Network and Film Roman are the ONLY groups able to learn.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Nov 03, 2003 5:10 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Return of the Joker was genious. The story was implemented will, the editing job was amazing. I watched the edited version twice and didn't suspect anything until I found the unedited version. The laugh sceene is great though, I'd never ever given any thought to why the joker kept going after batman before. The amazing thing was that their explanation made sense.

Zechs wrote:
One of my favorite eps was the one where he had to fight the suit, it really proved he was worthy of the title.

That was another great episode. With a suit like that, it is easy to ask weather batman was really a man or just some guy in a fancy suit.

All in all the seires started out strong and after the first season really went down hill.

I agree with spook on the quailty vs quanity issue. More people would proably watch higher quality shows thus making them more economicly feesable too.
PostTue Nov 04, 2003 11:13 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
"How did you know the voices in your head werent real?" - Terry
"THey called me bruce"

Another good episode
PostTue Nov 04, 2003 2:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
"How did you know the voices in your head werent real?" - Terry
"THey called me bruce"

Another good episode

Oooooo..... that WAS a good one. I really liked the two parter The Call, Countdown was also good.

The call is the ep w/ Superman and the League; Countdown is the episode WB didn't air-- it also happens to be the last episode of the BB series.

PostTue Nov 04, 2003 3:47 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
What what? What's Countdown about? And has it ever aired?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Nov 04, 2003 4:05 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
erk, I didn't mean Countdown, I meant Unmasked. Countdown was lame if I remember right.

The story of unmasked is Max makes a joke about Terry's secret identity, he then tells her a story from the early days as Batman when a kid got in danger from Kobra when Terry was forced take off his mask to gain the kids trust and rescue him.

Kobra kidnapped the boy and used a mind probey thingy to find out who Batman is under the mask. They are thwarted by Batman and all they get from the probe is who the kid thought Batman was his favorite action figure.

It was aired, just not by the WB. It was to air a few days after 9-11 and the network pulled it. So CN being the awesomest network that it is premiered teh episode a few months later.

PostTue Nov 04, 2003 4:25 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
OH! I actually saw that! I remember thinking "This is the coolest episode ever." I thought it was fantastic.

And I saw an episode of Jusitce League on Toonami today, and they used a TON of different animation techniques and shot values and everything. I was super impressed by the quality.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Nov 04, 2003 10:15 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Timm shows are what tv animation should be.

PostTue Nov 04, 2003 10:39 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well Justice League really started to impress me lately. I like the fact that flash has been shown to be an actual action hero. When he was in the space station and took about 5 seconds to knock out most of the bad guys after being kicked out into space. And GL has been shown to not be invulnerable. I missed this weeks new episode. But i have yet to see Superman show up this season.

And then theres Teen Titans. A show i stuck to because of all of you. And my persistance has paid off. It definatly seems the show is being written for an older audience then the first couple episodes.

I never did watch the android series. Didnt seem like it would be any good.
PostWed Nov 05, 2003 8:31 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
Project Zeta? I'd have watched given the choice, but I missed out on far too many shows
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Nov 05, 2003 9:41 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
I missed this weeks new episode. But i have yet to see Superman show up this season.

Then you really missed out. Alternate-dimension Superman vs. Doomsday (and everyone else Wink ).
And they repeated it on Monday's and Tuesday's Toonami.
PostWed Nov 05, 2003 11:59 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:
Project Zeta? I'd have watched given the choice, but I missed out on far too many shows

PZ was a piece fo garbage with a capital CRAP. It might have been a spin-off but nobody with talent was associated with it.

PostWed Nov 05, 2003 1:56 pm

Post subject:
Meh...I can't stick to Justice League...did wonder woman even fly originally? I just didn't like it even if it does have a good plot.

How do I know what series of BB I'm on? I have no idea really...

And Teen Titans is just fantastic Razz
PostWed Nov 05, 2003 3:49 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: