нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - New Naruto news
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
New Naruto news
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laughingman

Post subject: New Naruto news
Appearently Narutofan.com has recently interviewed Viz and they have some interesting news on the dub.

Here's the link:

http://www.narutofan.com/index.php/content-americanized%20naruto,interview%20with%20naruto%20staff

Based on this thing look very bright for Naruto's future. My only gripe is that they said they're going to keep most of the music, why not all?

Oh well. Confused
PostSun Jun 26, 2005 9:08 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thank you for making a topic on this one article when you could have just put this up in any of the other 5 billion Naruto topics....
PostMon Jun 27, 2005 2:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Laughingman

Post subject:
Sorry, I thought they were locked. I'll check around next time.
PostMon Jun 27, 2005 2:35 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Easy there FDD, this was a grey territory. I mean, he did give us new information, posted a link to an article, and gave a short opinion (and one that isn't an "obsessive Narutard opinion" either. A lot of people question whynot all of the music is kept in a lot of shows that get dubbed. Or in teh case of 4Kids, people want to stab them instead of question.)

So I'm not going to lock this. Just barely. Again, it's a grey area. Laughing man, you slid in just over the line.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Jun 27, 2005 5:01 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Is that a republishing of the SHONEN JUMP info alluded to earlier?

I'm half-tempted to unlock that thread with a qualifying disclaimer.
PostMon Jun 27, 2005 6:20 pm
narutodude

Post subject:
i thought their was naruto information here Sad
PostMon Jun 27, 2005 9:52 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nope, only bashing of Naruto fans for acting like Narutards.
PostTue Jun 28, 2005 2:06 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
liberator

Post subject:
You know, not be a h8r or anything, but I don't know exactly what all this hubbub about Naruto is. It smacks of the kind of fanboyism usually associated with Evangelion fans. It might be good, it might be the best anime yet imported(which i doubt), but there are people talking like it's the freaking second coming, i mean come on...
PostTue Jun 28, 2005 10:57 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
Right now the level fanboyism Naruto has surpasses Evangelion, it's not the best anime ever but it's above avarege. Plus having a 100+ episodes it could become the next DBZ.
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 8:40 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
The main difference between NGE and Naruto is that NGE's mind-fucking nature attracts older, more mature viewers.

Whereas Naruto attacts pre-pubescent twits that don't know why we get mad when they don't use a single mark of punctuation in an entire paragraph.

Two entirely different fan-bases.

And I will ALWAYS hate Naruto for the fans that it has. Even if I love the show (Haven't seen a single minute of it yet.) a little part of me will ALWAYS hate it because its fans SUCK ASS.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 1:31 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
exception to me of course.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 3:04 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
You're not so great yourself, cowboy. Though I'd much prefer you to any of the others.
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 4:11 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Thats exactly why I dont fit the description.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 5:12 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
Well it seems someone has gotten some juicy info:

Quote:

Hello again. I thought I'd start a new thread, since the other "Naruto dub news" thread is bogged down in off-topic discussion about dubbed openings. Feel free to merge this with another thread, though.

Anyway, I went to the Studio Pierrot panel, which was mostly about giving away prizes to Bleach and Naruto fans as well as another round of Q&A for one of AX's Guests of Honor.

However, Marc Handler was present, as well as Stephanie Shaw (am I spelling the name right?), who apparently will be playing Hinata. Marc discussed a few things about both the Toonami version they're handling themselves AND the uncut discs. Yep, uncut DVDs. All whining officially ends now.

He mostly mentioned a few specific scenes that'll be left in the broadcast cut. One notable inclusion: Yep, the Sexy no Jutsu is in. Dunno what the attack translation will be, but given that this is Marc Handler's translation and not anyone directly involved in the manga, we might be seeing differing translations.

There were other scenes mentioned, many should make Naruto fans really happy, but I won't list them here due to the "no potential edits" rule. Even though one could argue that since Viz is doing the edit themselves it's already passed through S&P, I find it best to err on the side of caution.

However, this'll be some bad news for the TV-PG Naruto hopefuls. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. All the excessive blood has still gotta go, cigarettes, et cetera.

As for scheduling, not much was spoken about, except what was obvious to all to begin with. Debuts in September, it'll be in a post-9 pm slot.

I'll have more after Viz Media's panel tomorrow morning.

Signing off for now,

-Byronius

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=144564

Thank God for toonzone, seems Naruto will probably get the 10'clock spot
in September till IGPX comes.
PostSun Jul 03, 2005 4:19 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Judging from the creators and the time slot I think Naruto will be fine. The show is not THAT deep and with dozens of characters you wont have to suffer any one voice for too long. Besides, it's not like Shopro is doing the voices, it's Vancover's Ocean Group which has a good track record.

Dubbing, and morso bad dubbing, depends greatly on the attitude of those involved. Look at NGE for instance, that dub was one of the very first ADV did as a company back in the mid 90's with jack shit for a budget or facilities. The show is also far more deeper and complex in terms in terms of language and communication which is a major theme of the show. Evenso, the dub is damn good, if not superb for one of it's time.

Unlike NGE, Naruto has none of these drawbacks. If they can nail the lead's voice it will be smooth sailing. Editing for content will probably be the biggest issue. Have faith though that with each passing year the standards have loosened around anime and things where see and hear on a normal basis would have been doubtlessly cut in previous years. If this show was on AS there would be ZERO edits. Unfortunatly(not sure if that's the right attitude) marketing execs know this show has the potential to be far more profitable if edited down slightly for that giant leap in viewership from 9-14 year olds. Yeah, some of the best bloody scenes may get the scissors, but at least we know Funi is bound to release Uncut DVDs unlike other companies.
PostSun Jul 03, 2005 11:12 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: