нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Your favorite Gundam series
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Your favorite Gundam series
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liberator

Post subject: Your favorite Gundam series
Well?

I have to say, I didn't think I was going to like it, but Turn A is very near the top of my list. It's only real failure was some of the mecha. But as a whole the Universe is uniformly deep from the characters to the back story. It's much more mature in both theme and dialogue. There is no prolific swearing, like newer shows seem to use to get the "wow, a toon cussed!" appeal, and there is a little nudity at the beginning. But this is truly the most under appreciated jewel in the Gundam crown. The only way it could really be improved is if they went back and did some of that fancy computized coloring like the used in SEED.
PostMon Feb 14, 2005 3:22 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, my favorite is 08th MS Team, although I do have an aversion to 0080. Both together are quite enough of an argument of "war is retarted." Which is what Gundam is really all about.
PostMon Feb 14, 2005 4:05 am
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Gundam Seed Destiny

It is your new god.

That is all.
PostMon Feb 14, 2005 12:49 pm
liberator

Post subject:
GS & GSD are cetainly in the top 5, but Turn A surpasses them, if for no other reason than there is no mindless drivel about how peace is better. The characters don't really make speeches, instead they behave like living creatures. It's incredibly well written.
PostMon Feb 14, 2005 2:22 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd have to agree on the 08th MS Team one, but I've barely seen any...

if you're interested though, you can look at peoples

Favorite Gundam Series

or

determine the
Which is the best gundam series

as opposed to 'Your Favorite gundam series'

but that is up to you, and if you want just scroll down the first page of this forum for those
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostMon Feb 14, 2005 3:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
0079, 08th MS team, 0080, and GS
I would say GSD but I'll wait to see the whole series
PostMon Feb 14, 2005 8:54 pm
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject:
My favorite gundam series is Gundam wing. That show was perfect and incredible!!!!
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 2:07 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
OMGGund4mwingpwnz0rzj00!!!111!!1

Bleh.

Except for G and Wing (and Turn-A, which I haven't seen all of yet, thus I can't have an opinion), I really can't say I have a #1 favorite Gundam series/ova/movie. It's military grade giant robots blowing each other up. Good times.
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 5:32 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
It's military grade giant robots blowing each other up. Good times.

It makes me so horny. So much more of a turn on then that horrible Naruto show. Very Happy
PostWed Mar 16, 2005 11:34 pm
Gerbera345

Post subject:
Lets see..

Gundam 0079 -5/5 The original and still one of my favorites, the animations may be dated and the music a tad cheesy at times but the story has held strong and it forms the basis for a whole mountain of other shows, Gundam and beyond. It sort of suffered from monster of the week syndrome with such wonders like the Acuguy, Zock, and the Zakrello.

Gundam 0080 - 4/5 The story is quite excellent and it shows a different side of Gundam, instead of focusing on the tools of conflict it zooms in and shows the interaction of the little people caught up in war. If Al's shorts hadn't been so damn tiny it would be near perfect. It also started the 'Germanification' of the Principality of Zeon, which to me is quite awesome.
From a continuity stand point it gets damn annoying trying to reconcile the massively powerful MS compared to their stablemates, no way in hell they could roll out such powerful machines only weeks after such flops like the RB-79 Ball rolled out.

08th MS Team - 3/5 A relatively good show with modern animation and a relatively good plot, the whole love aspect was pretty contrived but it worked within the confines of the series. This show also brought in such lovelies as the Gouf Custom and H8 Flight Type. But from a continuity standpoint it's absolutely hideous, dates are wrong, the whole idea of the RX-79 being made from spare parts is insane and they fire the rest of continuity out the window. It had some unique characters and the ending was somewhat unexpected. It further emphasized the MS as a walking tank more than 'Super Robot'.

Gundam 0083 - 2/5 This shows was vast in idea but failed in a number of respects, it had some pretty one-sided characters, Gato in particular was a walking plot advancer and could have been replaced with a speaker blaring "Sieg Zeon!" for most of the scenes he was in. The plot was a little weird and the show is a massive continuity buster, the Neue Ziel and GP-03D are the biggest offenders, these things could feasibly engage machines like the Psycho Gundam, Quin Mantha, and Alpha Azieru and defeat them soundly. Aside from technological fubars 0083 is confined enough in it's impact it doesn't affect the overall timeline much. This shows introduced one of the most annoying characters in the Gundam universe, Nina Purpleton. This woman is seriously miswired upstairs and has a voice that makes me want to hurt people.

Zeta Gundam - 5/5 Although I've seen little of this series so far I'm quite impressed with it, it logically progresses from where Gundam 0079 left off and has one hell of a cast of characters, and in true Tomino fashion characters drop like flies as the series progresses.

Double Zeta Gundam - 3.5/5 Having seen next to nothing of this series I don't have much to say but it does continue right where Zeta left off and despite being seriously goofy early on it get's better and has a solid ending.

Char's Counterattack- 5/5 The end of the original storyline this is an excellent movie, although seeing 0079 and at least having a basic understanding of Zeta is vital, otherwise the viewer can be left in the dark on some information and it can get a little confusing. But if one has seen these series or knows enough about them it's quite a movie.

Gundam F91 - 3/5 Had this been a series it would have been spectacular, but as a movie it seemed rushed and left out some information that would have been nice to have. It featured some unique and pretty designs and used rather innovative ideas in the mechanical design, it also has one of the most ignomious deaths in Gundam, being killed by a shell casing.

Victory Gundam - 4/5 Despite Tomino himself having a bit of thing with this series it turned out quite well, it had many familiar themes and was a solid series, it did feature some downright weird mechanical designs and some of the stuff was a tad weird. It also featured the Shrike Team which had the rather sad fate of slowly being picked off as the series progressed, and they usually had sad ways of being killed. One of them was killed when the cockpit of her MS was punched in..

Gundam X - 3/5 Yet another series that suffered from being condensed, it had the misfortune of being first aired the same time as Escaflowne and this killed it. To save face Sunrise shortened the series and it ended up in a death slot. Despite this it still managed to pull a somewhat decent plot together but it was punctuated far to often with monster of the week battles and such absurdities as Newtype Dolphins.

G Gundam - 4/5 This series is kind of a closet favorite of mine due to the way most people treat it, it had a corny universe and was so blatantly stereotypical with most of it's MF's it was amazing. Despite this it had a strong storyline that didn't slow down much. Quite a good series if you simply take it at face value and enjoy it and don't try to think to deeply into it.

Gundam Wing/Endless Waltz - 1.5/5 These two earn a lot of anger from me, dumbed down and horribly condensed to make them more appealing to the masses these two shows made the 'Gundam Team' seem insane. Each one was impossibly powerful and was only damaged when the plot absolutely needed it. In comparison the Gundam team of X was rather limited and even the Double X had some deficiencies, G Gundam featured a 100 some Gundams and it was downright weird. Endless Waltz seemed like an easy way to make an assload of money and it still irked me despite Katoki's redesigns.

Turn A Gundam - 5/5 A serious oddity among Gundam, it's unique setting provides a vast amount of different plot twists and it turned out to be a hell of a show, the mechanical designs were quite interesting and despite everyones hatred for it I love the Turn A Gundam, moustache and all.
PostThu Mar 24, 2005 6:32 am
liberator

Post subject:
Viva la Moustache!!!
PostThu Mar 24, 2005 10:07 am
stargate_angel

Post subject:
My fav are Gundam Wing and G Gumdam
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 12:42 pm
liberator

Post subject:
Then take a look at X, cause is sheer firepower alone the Double X is twice the Gundam of Wing and it's only 39 eps. Just imagine if it had been the full 50 the others got.
PostMon Apr 18, 2005 5:37 pm
sandwichman

Post subject:
the 08th ms team was my favorite when i look at a series i look for a good storyline
PostWed May 04, 2005 5:39 pm
idababrian

Post subject:
I loved GUNDAM SEED
PostMon May 23, 2005 6:27 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: