нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Samurai Champloo
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Samurai Champloo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Alright finished the series. The ending ties two of the three main characters stories up nicely. And just quickly does the third for the sake of time.

But its a good ending. The weirdest episode that doesnt fit into the series is ep22 and if it times right it should come up on Halloween weekend which will make sense for this episode.

Ok time for a giant mech series. Havent watched one of those in a long time.
PostTue Jun 07, 2005 6:57 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Half of me wants to be Mugen. The other half wants to be Jin. I am torn.

And I love how the characters are constantly running into each other. It's so Bebop the way they constantly have to interact and deal with each other's plotlines. It's so fun.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jun 12, 2005 11:02 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well its more like Bebop when you realize the three main characters match Bebops.

Jin is the by the code warrior
Mugen is the wild card with no future and a questionable past
Fuu is the token female and a little bit of Ed for taste
Flying squirrel Muu-Fuu? = Einstein

They keep breaking off but crossing each others path. They all have pasts they want to forget. There is another connection between Fuu and Ed. But for now thats a spoiler.

Yeah its a stretch to agree to this. But I caught onto this very early in the series.
PostSun Jun 12, 2005 2:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm still wondering where on Fuu, Muu-Fuu actually resides most of the time? My guess is in her non existant 16th century undergarments.
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 7:40 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Between her non-existent breasts probaly. Since thats where it jumps out of most of the time. And she was wearing the wrap under her dress for the last episode. Remember when she threw the dice?
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 3:25 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
So, in an (weak) attempt to get people talking, presto! Wink

counterparadox in the S-cry-ed thread wrote:
And lets not even talk about Samurai Champloo in here. Hot damn last night's episode was nothing short of gripping and dripping with style ooze.

Man, I love Cartoons.

PostSat Nov 26, 2005 4:57 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Last nights episode marks the beginning of the end of this season for the series. It is a very intense episode. It shows you a lot more about Mugens background as well.

The american voice acting is still holding up in the series. Although David Blume's voice still feels wildly overused. Can't the boy at least try to sound different? He uses the same voice for every anime, commercial, or whatever he does. For someone with two thousand pseudonyms, as well as a lot of work, you would think something would happen.

Champloo still does feel like a series without much originality. Although that wont stop me from even rewatching it. I guess part of this for me is knowing the ending. Someday I will learn why some anime's have miserable endings. But thats for a future post isnt it.

As for last nights episode. The animation and story just felt right. Its almost a shame we couldnt spend more time exploring Mugens past outside of these two episodes. Plus you are generally suprised at the twists in the episode.

Without discussing the end of the series has there been any talk of a season 2?
PostSat Nov 26, 2005 10:04 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Samurai Champloo is one of hte most beautiful series I've ever laid witness to. The shots are just . . . art. The style of the characters and what they do . . . BADASS.

I.

<3.

This.

Show.

PostSun Nov 27, 2005 1:28 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
After watching last nights episode I agree. And the show has a great sense of humor. Plus mixing in some modern parts helps as well.

But didnt the final scene of last nights episode (miscreants part 2) feel a bit well.. weird?

***********SPOILERS***************

Not that the spoiler thing is needed in this case but what the heck. So Mugen just survived a ship explosion. He's limping along using his sword as a crutch. Nothing really unusual for him and the series.

Then the climatic walk up to the man and woman who are truly the villians of the episode. So you get the combat music started up and.. you wait. So he kills off the guy first. But then it stays on as he just walks past his ex-girlfriend. It lasts far far to long. I know it was there to build suspense. But it just dragged.

The point is made. Her life sucks and he just made it suck harder. But it also leaves the whole ship full of sunken treasure thing hanging. For as poor as these guys are. Don't you think they would have taken some time to find the loot?

Mostly its how the music just kept going and going.
PostSun Nov 27, 2005 12:18 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nah, the music was perfect. At first, when it first piped in, I thought "Odd music selection. Such an upbeat tempo. And he's limping. I don't get it, it's kinda . . . unorthodox . . . "

And that was entirely the point.

In the the first part of this two-parter, there's one scene where there's music going, and the bandits are talking about the heist, and someone asks "It's clear out. You really think it'll rain?"

And the music STOPS. Doesn't fade, or anything, just STOPS. SILENCE. And then Mugen goes "It'll rain. I can smell it."

And it's simply superb. Jarring, yes. You notice it? Of course. But it WORKS. This series is all about jarring music selection.

So I say that the music selection was awesome, even though my gut reaction was "Wait, what? Why this?" After I saw it (And saw it again. Watched both airings last night, half to make sure I understood why they did what they did at the end, and half because the show is so F-ING awesome), I realized that it was the right choice, and it was the right music selection, because it created a certain feeling in you that scenes like that don't normally create.

I thought it was masterful. And I really did think Mugen was going to hurt her.

So yeah, I loved it. But, to each their own.

PostSun Nov 27, 2005 5:11 pm
xmanooo7

Post subject:
champloo is my favorite original series at the moment. everything about it justs fits with me. especially the music. its the only series where i felt that i had to go out and get the soundtracks... i havent been watching the dubbed version cuz i feel that david lucas just sounds like spike in the middle of a battle when he does mugen. he doesnt sound wild enough for me. but im gonna have to start watching soon. episode 17 and 23 are coming up( my favorites for 2 different reasons) and i have to hear how they sound dubbed.......
PostWed Nov 30, 2005 9:59 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: