нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - No Teen Titan threads?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
No Teen Titan threads?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
very nice explanation about the names..The Aqualad thing was always funny to me..I think Arsenal has no powers except really good archery skills. Right now with the new Teen Titans comic, NightWing, Arsenal, Metamorpho, and Jade with some new characters have formed a new team called the outsiders. The premise being Nightwing doesn't want to lead a 'family' into danger. Arsenal told him that 'this is work. Nobody says you have to be emotionally attached.' And the Titans were a family and in Titans/Young Justice: Graduation day, the Titans disbanded because two original members were killed and Nightwing blamed himself, but while he blamed himself, Starfire, Beastboy and Cyborg and I think Raven wanted to have the Titans as a kind of Gen X for Robin, Superboy, Impulse and the new Wonder Girl.
PostTue Sep 09, 2003 1:52 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:
what are his powas

Sticking pointy things in people.

(He's Green Arrow's former sidekick, although he's expanded his skills to include all projectile weapons)
PostTue Sep 09, 2003 8:32 pm
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
The last ep was amazing! Finally some plain good old Robin action. While I was disappointed that Deathstroke (slade's) outfit was not the original, I still enjoyed the body armor look. I keep forgetting that besides the armored parts, that is all that was changed..I keep thinking his outfit in the cmoics is blue instead of black with blue highlights. But, man, in the beginning when Robin jumped off the cliff and shot his grappling hook things at starfire and Slade's minion and they played that orchestral music with the choir singing I was like 'Yeah, this is Batman's protege." The whole ep really showed him as sort of the 'loner' of the team where he had just been the leader before. I liked his room too and when starfire naively said this line I went nuts "You and he are..similar..Slade did not trust you...and you did not trust us." Man, right through the heart and even the way they ended it was amazing. Definitely a different type of Titans episode..I've been waiting for this. I have every ep taped and this by far is my fav.

One question: I had my theory about continuity through this whole thing with JLA and the Batman cartoon earlier in this topic, but will they ever at least mention Robin's connection to Batman? They mention Gotham city every now and then. I don't necessarilly wanna see Bats, but just to show that he isn't just another young 'teen' hero. I'm really curious about this.
PostTue Sep 23, 2003 7:27 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Nope. The Creators of the show are on some form of weed.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostTue Sep 23, 2003 2:51 pm
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
So, they are not making the connection of Batman to Robin or is this an alternate universe where there is no Batman? Cause as cool as Robin is, my friend said these exact words "Who would call themselves 'Robin' without a Batman to name and train them?" That would be anal if it was just 'Robin' I'm doing a Tenn Titans/ Crimson Christian crossover that I am locally publishing and I have no computer work on it but if you wanna see some of the pages go to http://crimsonchristian.deviantart.com
you may like it
PostThu Sep 25, 2003 7:32 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
There's an interview with producer Glenn Murakami posted at Toon Zone where he admits:
Quote:
TZ: Do you consider Teen Titans to be part of the DC animated continuity?

Murakami: We do talk about that. We talk about how everything fits. I guess it does fit, but there are so many other things I have to think about first before I can really start worrying about that.

TZ: Do you plan on having any crossovers with any of the other shows that are out there, like Justice League or Static Shock?

Murakami: Honestly, we haven't really talked about it. My main concern right now is to let the Titans be the Titans so people get used to the show and get to know the characters. Trying to figure out how to do a cross over is— Well, that's something else. I'm focusing on other things right now.

PostThu Sep 25, 2003 8:09 am
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
Well, hopefully someday we will see the Titans on Justice League. The way things are with the anime refs, I don't think I wanna see Batman in that style, but at least some mention to him. At least it is in continuity, then I suppose my theory was right. Thanks. I also found out from my local comic shop that the outfit Slade (Deathstroke) wore in the last ep WAS INDEED in the comics but for a very very short time.
PostThu Sep 25, 2003 9:07 am
hongkongfuui2

Post subject: You got it!
CrimsonChristian wrote:
One question: I had my theory about continuity through this whole thing with JLA and the Batman cartoon earlier in this topic, but will they ever at least mention Robin's connection to Batman? They mention Gotham city every now and then. I don't necessarilly wanna see Bats, but just to show that he isn't just another young 'teen' hero. I'm really curious about this.

Well, you just got it my friend Razz. Was this an amazing episode or what? Robin pulled off some real kick-ass moves; my favorite being the sweep with arm, then grab while in air and throw on Raven move he did to Beastboy. That was great. A lot of Jackie Chan-esque moves.

As for the relation to Batman...you definitely got that here. I saw about three direct relations to the bat: (1)"I already have a father," (2) Flying bats, and (3) the Wayne Enterprises building where Robin was trying to steal the second device thingy.

This has to be my favorite episode, right along with the one where Robin turns into Red X.
PostSat Oct 11, 2003 8:30 pm
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
Thanks, I thought about it and was like 'Why are there no Batman mentions?' Now, I see that my theory was right..Yesss! (Jumps up and down) I have to say when he said 'I already have a father.' out of the blue, I was like 'it's about Damn time! Why didn't he say this before? Heh, I have to say that while we won't see new eps till nov 11, this show is alot of fun, but it also feels that now that they have gotten the fans craving out of the way with Robin that they can focus more on the other chars, they have a little, of course, since Robin is the most well known, it will probably go back to him and while I love the new Teen Titans, I love Robin and Nightwing, oh AND SPEAKING OF NIGHTWING:

There is a major rumor that in this second half, or in the next season, we will see none other than Dick Grayson as Nightwing show up for an episode, which will be interesting considering in the original new teen titans series, him and starfire were well..close lol...Now..what eps are my favs? Masks, of course, Aprentice parts 1 and 2, the one where Beast boy and Cy met Trigon, Raven's dad..the rest of them are good too..the black fire one was good (even though Black fire and star loathe one another and Black fire can't fly) they were all funny..I do hope though that we see the funny characters at times get really serious.. Man, my favorite line 'I already have a Father.' ha ha! They HAVE TO one day put the JLA and the teen titans together in some way shape or form
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 8:18 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
CrimsonChristian wrote:
They HAVE TO one day put the JLA and the teen titans together in some way shape or form

I'd rather they didn't.
Just because both shows are in the same universe doesn't mean they have to have a crossover. They're so different from each other that I don't think it would work well.
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 12:27 pm
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
I understand because the shows are so different but they could make reference..and it would be better for the titans to be on justice league anyway considering the animation style does both sides justice, but it would mean more if they got visited even by maybe a member of the justice league on tt..The animation style would be..wierd..if nightwing shows up hopefully he will look alright..but maybe they could cheat and have the titans style and the justice league style to interact even if it doesn't work..I mean they COULD do it theoretically
PostTue Oct 14, 2003 11:15 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
okay, some peole have already posted what the powers of all the characters are, but mostly it's only half-true. Here's the real juicy details...

Raven: As the daughter of the golden Hell-god named Trigon and a human named Arella, Raven's powers are based in both good and evil. She was taught early on how to control her darker powers by the benevolent Azar, a being from the pacifist realm of Azareth, through meditation and emotionally distancing herself, but in the comics she very often lost control. Still, her powers include the ability to travel between dimensions, empathic powers that enable her to heal and to manipulate emotions, and the ability to project her "soul-self" (her demonic half) as a force for good.

Later in the comics, after many battles and changing sides between good and evil more than once, she became a disembodied soul that travels along the astral plane.

Starfire: Koriand'r, Princess of Tamaran, has the ability to convert solar energy into energy for flight. Tamaraneans also have the natural ability to learn any language through physical contact with another being. Her older sister, Komand'r (who later became Blackfire), was ill as a child and born without the ability to fly. Because of this, at an early age she was deemed unfit to become the next heir to the throne, which started her long rivalry with her younger sister. This rivalry came to a head when Komand'r betrayed her people and allowed the Citadel, Tamran's enemies, to invade the homeworld and enslave Koriand'r. Koriand'r was tortured and enslaved for about six years before she and her sister were both captured by the scientific race the Psions. The Psions experimented on the Tamaranean sisters in an attempt to determine their maximum energy absorption abilities, but the experiment went wrong, and both sisters gained the ability to convert solar energy into "starbolts".

Cyborg: Born Victor Stone, he is the son of scientists Silas and Elinore Stone, who experimented on their son to increase his intelligence to an IQ of 170. Though grounded in science, he's really a jock at heart. His mother was killed by an extra-dimensional monster that has slithered into the laboratory through Silas's dimensional portal, and Vic himself was nearly killed before Silas could send the creature back. Silas experimented on Vic again in a last-ditch effort to save his life and turned him into the Cyborg. Because he is half robotic, his powers include being able to interface with any computer, immense strength, durability, and endurance, as well as heightened speed and senses, some of which cross over into the infra-red and x-ray spectrum. He also has an assortment of external tools and weapons, including a laser finger, sound amplifier, telescopic eye, sonic disrupters including a white noise generator, electric (possibly taser) shockers, and a grappling hook and winch. Later in the series, Cyborg Vic was rebuilt by Russian scientists (after his injury in the Wildebeest Society attack) and given even more armaments, including a fully automated "combat mode" which protected his cranium with a steel shield, provided an impressive display of numerous shoulder and wrist-mounted cannons, as well as chest-located tasers.

Beast Boy: Born Garfield "Gar" Logan, his parents, Mark and Marie Logan, took him along on an extended research trip to Africa. There, Gar contracted a rare and deadly disease, sakutia, which only certain animals could survive. A brilliant research scientist, Mark Logan made a desperate attempt to save his son by altering Gar's genetic structure. The treatment saved Gar's life, but had two bizarre side-effects: it turned his entire body green, and gave him the ability to assume any animal's form at will, while retaining human intelligence and the power of speech. He has the ability to assume the form of any animal he can visualize, even extinct or imaginary creatures (though those usually require more mental effort). The only limits on his power are size and speed: the larger an animal form, the more difficult it is for him to maintain it for long--and if he makes too many changes in rapid succession, he will find himself physically and mentally drained by the effort. All of Gar's forms perfectly duplicate the appearance and abilities of the creatures he mimics, with one notable exception: his animal guises, like his humanoid form, are always bright green.

Gar originally took the name "Beast Boy" when he joined the Doom Patrol before joining the Teen Titans as "Changeling". He eventually went back to "Beast Boy".

Robin: Probably the most important member, Robin is the "veteran" crimefighter of the new Teen Titans, just as Nightwing was before him. The third Robin, Tim Drake is ambitious and his character seems to have "learned" from the examples of the previous Robins. He is not as reckless as Jason Todd (Robin II) was (which is one of the things that led to his death at the hands of the Joker), and he is more of an analytical thinker like Dick Grayson (Nightwing/Robin I). As far as his personal history goes, he was the son of Jack and Janet Drake, who owned Drake Industries in Gotham city. He personally witnessed the "accident" that killed Dick Grayson's parents at the Haly Circus. He looked up to Dick Grayson, especially after he realized (after some of his own detective work) that Dick Grayson was Robin. He followed the careers of both Robins and of the Batman. After Jason Todd died, Batman's methods became more violent, so Tim thought Batman needed a new Robin to help balance him so that he would control his actions. He enlisted the help of Nightwing and of Alfred and trained to become the new Robin.

As far as powers go, Robin is a normal human being who is extremely well trained in the martial arts, acrobatics, and again he tends to be much more intelligent and analytical in his thinking. His weapons of choice are a collapsible staff and a sling, though like Batman and the Robins before him he has other devices hidden in his costume for a moment's use. As the third Robin, Tim tends to be more serious than his predicessors, as Jason Todd's death showed him that being the Boy Wonder isn't all fun and games.

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostTue Oct 14, 2003 3:36 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thanks for posting that. It definatlay adds weight to the characters and gives me something to look for. Btw we have seen Raven phase into another dimension. When Starfire was sneezing a couple episodes ago she shows back up coming out of a black hole.
PostTue Oct 14, 2003 5:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
But as I have said, this robin is not Dick grayson, but Jason todd..actually tim drake from the comics with jason's name..but still..well if you have not read my theory on like page 4, read it, it sums up the continuity of this series with every other animated one..but the bit about trigon was great..I wish they would do the terror of trigon stroy from the comics, but it was too big for this tiny show
PostWed Oct 15, 2003 1:56 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
in the show robin will be nothing except robin. they will not tell you which robin it is. they made that clear at comic-con. His personality is that of a skater-punk and batman. That's as far as they went with the shows Robin.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Oct 15, 2003 8:13 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: