нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Chrno Crusade
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Chrno Crusade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject: Chrno Crusade
Description (from AnimeNFO):
-The story takes place in the year 1920 in the United States of America. Paid to exterminate demons, Chrno and Sister Rosette are professional exorcists from the Magdala Monastery. They travel between various places to prevent demons from taking possession and haunting various things that come from outside the U.S.A.

More that will kinda spoil what happens

I've just finished watching the whole series and I can pretty much say it was good. It wasn't greatest, but it was good. The show mainly focus on Rosette in search of her brother, Joshua, with Chrno, a fellow demon, by her side. It does have your comedy, but it does get dramatically serious quickly. I felt the only problem was with the series was that there was more dialogue than action. Some of the episodes only pertain to moving the story along, but it became tiresome. Majority of the show was good with little weakspots. The ending came to be a surprise that is a tear jerker. Though, it was a sad one and could’ve been handled better. I recommend the anime to everyone. I would like to read the manga sometime soon, but I’m cheap. Comments?
PostTue Jun 15, 2004 8:51 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
They started the manga in this month's Newtype USA.

While I haven't seen any of the anime, it is on my "to watch someday" list.

Since it's by Gonzo you know it will look superb.
PostTue Jun 15, 2004 9:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Chrno Crusade
ToonamiL wrote:
I recommend the anime to everyone. I would like to read the manga sometime soon, but I’m cheap. Comments?

That statement threw me for a second...then I got it. Wink
PostTue Jun 15, 2004 10:19 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject: Re: Chrno Crusade
Nobuyuki wrote:
ToonamiL wrote:
I recommend the anime to everyone. I would like to read the manga sometime soon, but I’m cheap. Comments?

That statement threw me for a second...then I got it. Wink

Yes, I know. I not english good with.

I saw the rest of the series thanks to my friend, torrent. Bittorrent, that is. The ending was sad. Sad to the point it will make you cry. Everyone will cry, just like in that Better Midler movie or Philadelphia(sp?).
PostWed Jun 16, 2004 11:20 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
i had a few eps.
My brother liked it and begged me to get more. I never really got into it. Had better stuff to watch.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostWed Jun 16, 2004 4:11 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Heh, I was going to make a topic for this a while ago but I figured like every series I like no one would give a crap. I was only able to watch up to ep6 or so when they cut most of the torrents. I figure it's a good enough series for me to wait for the dvds.

The songs alone were enough to get me hooked, the comedy and excellent action are bonuses.
PostSat Jun 19, 2004 1:54 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Ha! You have to wait for the dvds. I've seen it through torrent. And we all thought it would end at ep18, but went to 24.
PostSat Jun 19, 2004 5:43 pm
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject:
You bastard. I was going to preview this.
Google.com
LiveJournal
PostFri Jul 02, 2004 12:51 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Well, if you made it first, then you would've got to be first.
PostFri Jul 02, 2004 1:42 pm
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
The ending is VERY sad, I couldn;t believe it...I could they were pointing to it through out the whole series, but still you jsut can't believe it, Iloved the series on eof the better ones I have seen in a while.
PostSun Aug 01, 2004 11:25 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
The first DVD comes out tommorow. Here's the lowest prices I could find.

http://store.superduperclub.net/adn-dchcbx1d.html
http://www.bestprices.com/cgi-bin/vlink/702727095825IE.html

Yeah the sites looks kinda worn around the edges but honestly I've probably saved 200$ buying stuff from them over the years. Fast delivery, and everything is brand new. No Catch. The reason it's so cheap is because they dont seem to spend much on advertising or site design and they use multiple warehouses to ship which is apparently cheaper, though it does mean if you order multiple things they may arrive a couple days between eachother.

Oh and as for with shipping, if you bought that and got stardard shipping it'd be 3$+2$ for each item(with SuperDuperClub) or 2$+1 for each item(Best Prices). Grand total, about 28$ for either which is STILL cheaper than any other online store.
PostMon Sep 20, 2004 5:27 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: