нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - The Angry Beaver Scandel
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
The Angry Beaver Scandel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject: The Angry Beaver Scandel
Micah Wright wrote:
Hi.

My name is Micah Wright and I've been lying to you. I've kept the secret for years now, but all lies grow and eventually get out of control. This is me coming clean about my Big Lie. What did I lie about? Oh, nothing much...

Except that I was never an Army Ranger. I never served a day in a Ranger Regiment. I never went to Ranger School. The closest I ever got was Army ROTC.

This entire Army Ranger thing is a stupid lie which has its roots back in college. When I was in the Army ROTC (and I really was, trust me), I met a lot of Rangers, and got to know some of these amazing men. They always impressed me with their inspired competence and their commitment to one another. Though I enjoyed my time in Army ROTC, I decided that eight years of military service was not for me and I left the program. That ended my involvement with the military.

So why come clean now, you ask? Well, frankly, I'm sick of it. I'm sick of lying to my friends, to employers, to my fans, to myself. I'm not a Ranger. I've lied to so many people about this that it's made me physically ill. I haven’t been able to sleep and I’ve just about given myself an ulcer. It's all become too much. I'm stopping the lies.

The cat’s out of the bag now... I've finally told the truth. I wish I had a long time ago. In the last year dozens of real Rangers have been killed or wounded overseas--how can I keep lying in the face of that kind of dedication? When I read about the death of Pat Tillman, who sacrificed a high-paying football career in order to join the Rangers, I felt like even more of a fake and a heel. It's time it all ended: I'm not a Ranger, I was never a Ranger and I'm sorry for ever saying that I was. I apologize to every Ranger and to the families of every Ranger.

I lied, and I apologize for that from the bottom of my heart... it was a lousy thing to do and I'm sorry about it. A special apology is owed to the people who I hurt by putting them in the position of spreading my lie, people taken in by the Hoax, and people whose credibility I've helped corrode.

There was one thing that I didn't imagine, that I couldn't imagine: that a lie like this would grow and grow and eventually consume every facet of my entire life. It has weighed on my heart and on my mind for two full years now, slowly crushing my spirits, contaminating my friendships, and threatening to destroy everything about me. I'm well shed of it now. I just hope that others can find it in their hearts to forgive me.

And please... no more death threats.

yours,
Micah
April 25, 2004

Amid Amidi wrote:
Anybody who thinks their life is pathetic will feel a lot better after reading this. Micah Ian Wright, a former writer for Nickelodeon's ANGRY BEAVERS among other things, has been claiming for years that he was an Army Ranger-turned-peacenik, and has been writing politically-charged books and comics under this guise. On April 25, after years of masquerading as a military veteran, he revealed that he never served in the Army... and he only made this revelation because the WASHINGTON POST was planning to run an article exposing him as a fake and liar. I once met with him to talk about his Nickelodeon pilot, CONSTANT PAYNE, but we never discussed his miltary career so I can't say I've ever been duped in person by this despicable character. But I do remember hearing him on local radio a while back discussing the Iraq war as if he were an Army veteran and it never occured to me that he might be making the whole thing up. The very thought of this whole situation sickens me. Here are some links to catch up on the story: the Comic Book Resources article, the WASHINGTON POST story, Micah's personal "apology", and comments from other folks HERE, HERE and HERE. If this turns out anything like the NEW YORK TIMES/Jayson Blair scandal, Micah will probably score a generous book deal to write about how he managed to keep up this charade for so many years.

So how does this make you feel? What's your reaction?
PostWed May 05, 2004 9:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Meh. I think it's kind of funny, actually.
PostWed May 05, 2004 10:13 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
What's up with this Amidi character, anyway?
First the Lazzo thing, now this...

If Mr. Wright truly feels remorseful, all he can do is apologize. I don't know what kind of amends he could make to get the critics like Mr. Amidi off his back.

:add: I think Kurt Busiek said it best-
Quote:
"The only way to recover, to whatever extent you're [Wright] going to, is to move forward -- not make more unverifiable claims, but buckle down and do good work. Whatever hole you're in, deal with it -- you dug it, it's your hole. Do enough good work, and people will start to judge you on that. Do it long enough, and it'll outweigh this.

"But don't get huffy about the criticism and bitch about how people are being unfair to you. You lied to them. You admitted it. Stand up, take the reaction your statements have brought on you, and move forward.

PostWed May 05, 2004 10:24 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:

Ooh, look! A butterfly!
PostWed May 05, 2004 11:29 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Haha, just more proof that people are stupid and will believe anything said eloquently and detailed. People should apologize to HIM for being stupid enough to be "duped by this despicable character."
I bear no hate to Micah, cause Angry Beavers was a hilarious show. Another stupid mistake Nickelodeon made by cancelling it.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostThu May 06, 2004 1:33 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Goldfinger2K wrote:
Haha, just more proof that people are stupid and will believe anything said eloquently and detailed. People should apologize to HIM for being stupid enough to be "duped by this despicable character."
I bear no hate to Micah, cause Angry Beavers was a hilarious show. Another stupid mistake Nickelodeon made by cancelling it.

peace

True, True. They didn't even air the final episode. Crying or Very sad
PostTue Jun 15, 2004 6:46 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
Feinds... I remember the golden years of me Building forts out of couch chusions while watch the Angry Beavers... Now those days are gone... *cries* Just one mroe fort... Thats all I wanted.
PostTue Jun 22, 2004 12:10 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I just hope that one guy from Family Guy who called Peter a "Phony" doesn't show up.
PostThu Jun 24, 2004 9:22 am
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
Amen to that.

W007, 300 Post
PostThu Jun 24, 2004 10:08 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: