нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Trigun!!!! the thread.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Trigun!!!! the thread.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BebopDeathGod

Post subject: Trigun!!!! the thread.
Trigun = SW33tness. nufff said. Very Happy
PostTue Apr 01, 2003 9:22 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
ah, trigun...the other top anime of mine (with kenshin being the other)...first-time viewers will soon see why...

i guess i should mention this to everyone...i've heard many complaints about this series because of how much "filler" is in it...it's true in a way, since the first 14 episodes are basically character development, leaving only the second half of the 26 epsiode series for the main plot...while kenshin goes through about 26 episodes of character development, that's a 95 episode series, so there's a big difference...i'd still encourage everyone to watch it, as the second half provides a nice pay-off to those who may not care much for vash's antics in the first half...

anyway, i think this kinda takes a step back as far as adult swim shows as of late...i mentioned earlier that this show should be on toonami, but gunplay and a certain character basically prevents it from happening...while there are some serious undertones in the second half of the series, don't expect reign-like maturity here...of course, airing here definitely beats out it not airing period, so i'm not complaining...

still, i love this series, and sprung the extra cash for the shiny dvd covers, so you should do yourself a favor and see what all the buzz is about...

monday night:

thrown right into the thick of things, we find that vash has a rather large bounty on his head for causing destruction wherever he goes (hence his nickname "the humanoid typhoon")...somehow though, there's never a recorded death in every incident...

two different people looking for the bounty run into each other (me and names...bear with me here)...out of the legend of vash the stampede rose many wild rumors about his appearance, causing confusion between them and the insurance girls, who are there to contain vash and prevent his destruction of everything (which leads to their company having to pay it off)...after a mixup, the girls and who we believe may be vash escape, though the girls realize they must go back since it's their job...they get captured, and "vash" runs in to save them in his own odd way...amazingly, he takes care of everyone, though a loose bomb from constance rifle causes the town below to get crushed..."vash" wanders off and meryl and millie are left to wonder who that oddball was...

no real comments here, since i don't wanna accidentally spoil anything...the humor was definitely there though, with some laugh-out-loud moments...

until tomorrow...
PostTue Apr 01, 2003 10:58 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
i guess i should mention this to everyone...i've heard many complaints about this series because of how much "filler" is in it...it's true in a way, since the first 14 episodes are basically character development

Exclamation Horrors! How dare they deprive my short attention span of the non-stop action and flashy graphics that years of DBZ have provided me! *shakes fist* Rolling Eyes Razz
Quote:
anyway, i think this kinda takes a step back as far as adult swim shows as of late...i mentioned earlier that this show should be on toonami, but gunplay and a certain character basically prevents it from happening

Could you elaborate that point a little? I really don't see why you feel it's not Adult Swim material.
PostTue Apr 01, 2003 12:07 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think its because of how unserious the first 13 eps are. Personally I think it's a great series to transition out of the comedy hour and into some good ol fashioned action. In the immortal words of Kenshin "I really believe that, that I do"

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Apr 01, 2003 1:04 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
eh, this is why i usually proofread my posts rather than type something and run...

after re-reading that paragraph, i think the "step back" thing was a bit too severe...after all, it's new anime that appeals on multiple levels, so i'm sure it'll do fine on the block...i meant to say that i believe trigun should be on toonami, as i think a character like vash would fit in perfectly on the afternoon block as opposed to late at night with spike and alexander, but that may just be me...of course, i understand the reasons why it can't, but that's still kind of a shame...

spook brings up a good point though, since trigun does works as a nice transition, much like lupin did in january...
PostTue Apr 01, 2003 4:25 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
now it's been a while since I've seen the sub, but it seems to be that so far the VA's have been fairly spot on about characterization. I'm fairly curious as to what Wolfwood will sound like later on. Legato and Knives are two I am really looking forward to.

PostTue Apr 01, 2003 5:24 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
#$#@&#!$%(&!!!!!!! :::Demon curse::: :::unhuman-gurgle curse::: :::enraged-pickle curse::: :::generic curse:::

I FORGOT IT WAS ON LAST NIGHT! Didn't set my tape to record it. :::Sigh-curse:::

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Apr 01, 2003 7:41 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yay another series on ASA I'll never get to see.....
PostTue Apr 01, 2003 8:41 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
#$#@&#!$%(&!!!!!!! :::Demon curse::: :::unhuman-gurgle curse::: :::enraged-pickle curse::: :::generic curse:::

I FORGOT IT WAS ON LAST NIGHT! Didn't set my tape to record it. :::Sigh-curse:::

Eh, you didn't miss that much. Just don't let it happen again. You got that mister?

PostTue Apr 01, 2003 9:04 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:

You don't even stop by your own "Adult Swim and Toonami Schedule" thread? Shame on you.

As far as Trigun: I'm glad I'll finally be able to watch this series. Pioneer is out of their f***ing minds if they think I'm going to pay $180 - $200 for the DVDs.
PostTue Apr 01, 2003 10:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The_Dragon_Master

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Anyways
Monday's episode: The $$60 billion dollar man.
It starts off at a saloon. Inside two guys playing cards are talking about the $$60,000,000,000 bounty on Vash the Stampede, Vash is sitting at the bar drinking, and the bartender is cleaning up. The bartender takes an empty keg outside, he drops it, screams, then runs off. The two guys draw their guns and get ready. Suddenly, a huge metal boomerange slices off the top part of the saloon and sends the saloon sign flying up into the air. The boomerange comes back and gets caught by a big fat guy with a metal arm. The big guy's men pull out guns and the two card guys run away. They start shooting everything causing everything to be vaporized. When the dust clears the only thing left standing is the saloon sign sticking out of the ground with a lot bullet dents in it. It falls down showing Vash sitting at what's left of the bar finishing his drink. He stands up, draws his gun, and points it at them. Meanwhile in another saloon, two girls enter and everyone in the bar watches them walk over to the bar. The short girl orders a bananna split and the tall one orders some tea. Everyone in bar facefaults. Several guys walk over and make some perverted comments. A gatling gun falls out of the tall girl's coat and knocks over a table. She picks up the gun as if it were toy. The short girl starts talking to the bartender.
TO BE CONTINUED(No time left)
PostTue Apr 01, 2003 10:47 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
"Ah damnit to the bowls of bloody hell!" I was playing CS... when is it on?

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostWed Apr 02, 2003 1:04 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Midnights.
PostWed Apr 02, 2003 1:42 am
The_Dragon_Master

Obsessor

Post subject:
The short girl starts talking to the bartender about Vash. She gets some info. Meanwhile at a cliff, the big guy is talking to one of his henchmen about how cowardly Vash was. Flashback to the saloon, Vash draws his gun, points it at them, pulls trigger, gun goes click, pulls trigger several more times, click each time, opens gun, sees that he doesn't have any bullets, screams, runs away, end flashback. Vash is sneaking around and finds a henchman, knocks him out before he can yell for help. Vash takes the bullets that he had. Some guy appears on a ridge and calls for the other guys, Vash picks up a rock and throws it at him and knocks him out, two more guys with guns come up and start shooting at him and he scrambles away. Back at a town, a bounty hunter is talking to the sheriff about Vash and the damage to the town, he gets a description of Vash and leaves. Back at the cliff, Vash hides behind a rock. One of the guys goes over to look for him, Vash does some ventriloquism and causes the guy to start shooting a rock, Vash sneaks up and moves the guy's gun around making a picture of himself. Vash pulls his gun and puts it to the guy's head, they exchange some words and Vash ducks right before the metal boomerang slices the top of the rock off and hits the guy. The big guy catches it and talks to Vash, the guy that got hit by the boomerang is still alive and asks for help. The big guy tells him to hold Vash down and kicks him onto Vash. Vash gets tied up and taken to the camp. The two girls come up to the camp and approach them, they say they are from an insurance company and offer some donuts to them. The bounty hunter appears on a ridge and accuses the big guy of being Vash, the big guy then accuses the bounty hunter of being Vash. They start fighting and the girls and Vash run away. Vash somehow gets untied and is running next to the girls who are riding some weird creatures. Vash steals the donuts and asks them why they are there. The short girl explains while trying to get the donuts back. They stop, the short girl gives Vash $$10 and her creature to go to the town and warn everybody. They go back to the camp. Back at the camp, the girls peek over the ridge and see things have calmed down. The metal boomerang cuts off the part of the ridge they were on and they fall down to the camp. The girls offer some cookies. The big guy asks what happened to Vash and the girls tell him. The bounty hunter says something and the girls get tied up. The big guy starts talking and Vash comes up riding on the creature. The bounty hunter starts shooting and knocks Vash down, Vash makes a bullet ricochet and cuts the ropes holding the girls. Vash quickly runs behind a rock. The big guy throws the boomerang and cuts the rock in half, Vash isn't behind it. He hides behind a guy and everyone starts shooting at him, Vash runs over the hill and everyone chases him. On the other side Vash gets trapped on cliff. The big guy gives him a choice between jumping or boomerang. Vash chooses boomerang. The big guy throws the boomerang and Vash jumps and kicks off of the boomerang and sails into the air. He then lands next to the big guy and stretches a giant rubber band that operated the robotic arm behind his back over to the other arm and pushes a button that winds up the rubber band and makes him fall down. The bounty hunter is standing on the cliff holding a bomb. Vash tells him to look out as the boomerang slices a rock in half and hits him. Vash begins laughing, the bomb explodes causing a landslide that destroys the city. Later at another town, the short girl is typing a report about what happened. Outside some people are talking about how another town was destroyed by Vash, but no one died.
THE END
PostWed Apr 02, 2003 10:29 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
you really need to paraphrase dm, badly.

PostWed Apr 02, 2003 12:15 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: