нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Where Do You Work?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Where Do You Work?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zer0

Post subject: Where Do You Work?
Hey. Just bored at school and wondering where must of you work. Or if you don't work, where would you like to work?

For starters, I work at Best Buy....well, today is my first day, hah. So we'll see how that goes....
PostWed May 12, 2004 8:46 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
well, after taking the school year off of work to deal with 37 credits worth of classes, i've been hired by a small travel agency in the area to redesign and maintain their website for the summer...i wouldn't exactly consider myself a web design guru (yet), but what they want to do can be easily accomplished with the limited knowledge i possess...

i start on monday, and with gas prices the way they are now, it won't be a moment too soon...
PostWed May 12, 2004 9:48 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm employed under the work study program at UMR, working at the Castleman Hall Performing Arts department front desk during evenings. Basically that means I sit at the front desk computer and surf the web, post on message boards, or do homework. On occasion stacks of pamphlets or performance programs need to be folded, in which case I have to do more than just answer the phone and direct lost people.
PostWed May 12, 2004 10:51 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm self-employed. As in, I pay myself no money for doing nothing. I'm also my own assholish boss. Speaking of which I think I deserve a raise.
PostWed May 12, 2004 9:55 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm half the art dept for a southern california pest control company.
PostWed May 12, 2004 9:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Heheh.
Actually I just started this week at Macy's.
I'm part of the Receiving team. I get keys, and a walkie-talkie. MWAHAHAH. This is my very first job and I'm pimpin out already with the walkie talkie Razz
Reeceiving is unloading the merchandise on the trucks in the morning. but i work at night!! 4-10. SO i get to go around the registers collecting the hangers and the anti-theft sensors. I also refill the bag supply at the registers and do random odd jobs throughout the store. Also, replacing light bulbs, which is an endless task. When i'm done, which is within 2-3 hours. I can just sit aroud, or sort sensor while listening to whatever CDs I take with me. I like the job...a lot!

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostThu May 13, 2004 2:41 am
Zer0

Post subject:
Man, after my first day of work...I was overwhelmed. Damn lot of computers to be fixed for stupid people, and not enough time to do it. Oh, and man does Best Buy rip ppl off for working on pc's. $60 BUCKS TO INSTALL AN OS ON A PC!.....AND PPL PAY IT! But anyway, I get to work with computers (my hobby) and get paid for it.....so I can't complain too much.
PostThu May 13, 2004 4:20 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
... and you get an employee discount.

What do I do? I wire people's houses with RG-6 and cat6 cables for cable TV and home networks. They don't want to pay $75.00/hr for Comcast people to do it, so I charge about half that and still make a killing.
PostThu May 13, 2004 4:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
I'm just finishing my sophomore year of High School in Washington DC...
PostThu May 13, 2004 6:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm a lifeguard/aquatics instructor at Camp Geiger, for the Pony Express Council of the Boy Scouts of America in Saint Joseph, Missouri. The pay sucks, and the hours are long, but it's fun.
PostThu May 13, 2004 7:45 pm
Zer0

Post subject:
Man....fun is what its all about. Wish I could go back to not careing about money. Damn responsibility.....
PostThu May 13, 2004 9:46 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
you need one that allows for both. like mine. I get paid decently and on top of that get paid for things like... playing videogames, eating dinner, laying back and listening to music.
PostThu May 13, 2004 11:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zer0 wrote:
Man....fun is what its all about. Wish I could go back to not careing about money. Damn responsibility.....

Yep, notice the first two statements,
WhtHawk wrote:
... The pay sucks, and the hours are long...

If we didn't have any fun, why would we work 16 hour days, 7 days a week, for 7 weeks?
PostFri May 14, 2004 11:12 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quite easy to do really, why do people stay where they work when they hate it? I had a friend who was working themselves to death (14 hour days 6-7 days a week) all for 9 dollars an hour. He didn't enjoy it, he barely acknoledged the people who worked there, he stayed because he thought he had to to pay off his debts problem was he was spending so much of fast food and ways to keep himself awake that he never could.

It's very easy to hate your job.
PostFri May 14, 2004 1:32 pm
Zer0

Post subject:
If you have seen Office Space, you know how I feel about paper work. Im bogged down with the shit at my new job. Im expecting my boss to come by and be like, "mmyeah Andy...I'm gonna need the tag on those....service orders closed...yeeeaahh...just as, soon as possible go ahead and just...file thoughs for me, mmkay??"

Again, if you havn't seen Office Space, you can't appreiciate this.
PostSun May 16, 2004 6:52 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: