нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Cowboy Bebop Video Game?!?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Cowboy Bebop Video Game?!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gundamdeathscythe195

Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Video Game?!?
Cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime, and I was wondering if there was any Cowboy Bebop video game in Japan or any ideas of making one. Thanks.
Encourage me, and I will not forget you.
(William Arthur Ward)
PostFri Dec 27, 2002 5:19 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yes there was. It was a 3rd person planet/space shooter similar to many Star Wars games, but it never got released here. I believe it was on the playstation as well.
PostFri Dec 27, 2002 5:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Yes, Playstation it was. But, apparently it wasn't that great.
PostFri Dec 27, 2002 7:51 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Eh, it's just part of the formula that 90% of the time a game made from a movie or tv series will not do that well.
PostFri Dec 27, 2002 8:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gundamdeathscythe195

Post subject: Disappointed
Sad ...and I was hoping they would come out with some big thing. With the right people, Cowboy Bebop would be really interesting as a video game, especially since the show is so great. Oh well.
(William Arthur Ward)
PostSat Dec 28, 2002 11:26 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
the problem is they try to hard to make it follow the show, actualyl they fail because they try and adapt the show. what they need to realise is that that doesn't ever work. you've got to take certain elements, come up with a whole new plausible storyline and additional characters, then rethink the elements to see if they actualylw ould work. the best example of movie to game adaption ever probably is 007: nightfire. they basicly made their own interactive bond flick, that's the aproach that they need to take, not "lets make a arcade style flightsim side scrolling shooter, hmm... what liscense should we aquire that a plane in it?"

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Dec 28, 2002 11:48 pm
The_Dragon_Master

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cooolcorey wrote:
Yes, Playstation it was. But, apparently it wasn't that great.

I remember that there used to be a review up there that had a link to a download in TDA. The link was broken so I went to the main site. I looked around, checked out the news archives and mini-rants, downloaded some things. Then I went to the message board and read a lot of the stuff. I couldn't register because my e-mail didn't work. So I just watched the message board for awhile. I eventually got my e-mail working and I registered. And here I am.
PostSun Dec 29, 2002 12:29 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
You need an original story, like Nightfire.
PostSun Dec 29, 2002 3:18 pm
Ladymercury

Post subject:
I played that game at Anime Festival Orlando 3.....

a disgrace to Cowboy Bebop..... its like each level repeats itself....
You last visited on Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:38 pm

and the bitch of anime returns....
PostSun Dec 29, 2002 4:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
gundamdeathscythe195

Post subject: New Cowboy Bebop Game Idea
Before you read this, realize that this is not real. This is a little something I made up that I think could be agreed upon being very cool.

A Cowboy Bebop game like Star Fox Adventures would be kinda cool. In SFA you have land levels where you explore the area and defeat the baddies, and you have space levels where you fly around and shoot stuff. I like that idea because you could have free-roaming adventure. For example, if you were on Earth, there could be a bounty on Ganymede, but still there would be nothing stopping you from going to Venus or Mars or any other place, and it was all you who chose where to go. This might pose problems timewise. Using the same example from before, what if your bounty is assassinated on your way to Ganymede? Then again, you know how good games aren't too challenging or too easy. Think of intense chase scenes from SwordFish to Spike's feet. Multiplayer modes could consist of battling each other, trying to get the same bounty but before the other person does, or trying to cash in on each others' bounties. There could also be multiplayer co-op, for example, you could be Spike while a few of your friends could be Jet, Faye, or Ed. Maybe the player playing Spike likes a lot of action, or the player playing Ed likes solving puzzles and hacking in to computers and stuff. A mission could have each player doing a separate job to work together. You could have the same bountyheads from the show plus more, but you'd never have deja-vu with new missions and all new tactics. For example, Abdul Hakim is back and badder than ever. Forget the dog, now he kills for fun, though his main target goes by the name of Spike Spiegel. Another example could be, Asimov's wife Katrina Solensan maybe was pregnant before the Red-Eye incident. After his parents dying, he has ordered those high-in-command to exterminate of the Cowboys.

I could rant on and on and on about this, but I think I should go to sleep now.
(William Arthur Ward)
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 8:25 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
actualy I kind of think CB lends itself more to a bond-like game. bit of undercover schmoozing, piloting, shooting, driving. And of course you have to spend your money from the bounties on upkeep of ships and equipment/supplies.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 1:59 pm
gundamdeathscythe195

Post subject: Yeah, I forgot about that element of the game.
Yeah, I forgot about that element of the game.

"Die, bountyhead."
*target sighted*
*maniacal laughter*
(William Arthur Ward)
PostWed Jan 01, 2003 10:35 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: