нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Anticipation is keeping me waiting (Upcoming [as] Premieres)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Anticipation is keeping me waiting (Upcoming [as] Premieres)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kriolgal

Post subject: Anticipation is keeping me waiting (Upcoming [as] Premieres)
True,

I never thought about it like that!
I can't waite for the new preimeres!
Saw American Dad and I think its going to be a hit! The one thing people have to bare in mind its not Family Guy!
PostMon Feb 14, 2005 8:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
American Dad had one, yes, just one, funny scene. (They're in the mall, Dad steals purse, son tries to run him down, hillarity ensues.)

See, you're right, it's NOT Family Guy. And the entire episode felt like it was trying to BE Family Guy. Not the recipe for a hit.

If the episodes are anything like the pilot, American Dad will suck, crash, and burn before June 1.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Feb 14, 2005 10:18 pm
kriolgal

Post subject:
Well, we need to see more of it before we can just conclude that! You can't judge a book by its cover! It's like Seed and RAVe master!
PostTue Feb 15, 2005 10:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I said, IF the episodes are anything like the pilot, the show will suck. That's because the pilot sucked. It could change for the better. However, I don't have much faith.

But there was an if. I understand the physics involved in a show getting better than it's first episode.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 12:16 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
A lot of shows pilots suck. And american dad's pilot really was that bad. But give it a chance to mature and find its voice. The show needs to push harder on the fathers conservative ultra-american viewpoints and that will allow the show to not become Family Guy 2.

Remember Family Guy was just another Simpsons clone but has become more. Now its a Simpsons clone wiht a talking dog
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 12:35 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
liberator

Post subject:
On an off note, Robot Chicken looks like it's going to be funny as hell. I mean it's stop motion animation using my 1980's action figures. From now on, every santa should come with dual katana weilding action for the kids!
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 1:18 am
kriolgal

Post subject:
True!

Can't wait to see Robot Chicken! I think I'm going to like that one a lot! I even recognized some of the background from the Ki.ll Bill Movie!
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 1:49 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
When does Robot Chicken debut? I dont want to miss it. I was reading the review of it in Entertainment Weekly and just want to see how they deal with putting Jesus in Kill Bill
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 2:17 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
When does Robot Chicken debut? I dont want to miss it. I was reading the review of it in Entertainment Weekly and just want to see how they deal with putting Jesus in Kill Bill

This Sunday at 11:30 PM E/P.

BTW, if you're wondering how this topic appeared, I split it off from the schedule thread 'cause we were veering wildly off-topic. Wink
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 2:22 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I never even thought about it Nobu. I m just trying to understand why your on the forums in the middle of the night. Im here because i work 3rd shift. But i dont think you do.
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 2:59 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Unwinding after another stressful shift. Dozing off soon.
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 3:04 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Lucky you. I wont sleep until probaly 1pm
PostWed Feb 16, 2005 4:10 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I can't wait 'til American Dad AND the new season of Family Guy kicks into high gear in May. That, and the release of the first season of Scrubs. God, it's too far away!

But, the pilot was very good. I enjoyed most of it, but I hope it does shape up to be better. Most of the funny stuff will end up on Family Guy while the rest will go to American Dad.
PostFri Feb 18, 2005 8:26 pm
Zaug

Post subject:
I sincerely hope that American Dad becomes a funny show, but the jury is very much still out as far as I am concerned. I'm very willing to reserve judgement, but once it is time to really say yes or no, the proverbial smack shall be fully laid down. My only real concern is that the show too closely follows the formula of family guy (talking pet, small-stature breakout character - stewie = fish), but the argument can definitely be made that you see that pattern--following that first thing that works--absolutely everywhere on TV and in music.

I just don't know, I do not know. I'm optomistic for now
PostWed Feb 23, 2005 11:02 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: