нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Impressed but VERY freaked out!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Impressed but VERY freaked out!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject: Impressed but VERY freaked out!
I just watched 'Batman of The Future/Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker' and I have to admit I was VERY impressed.

Having never been a fan of the original cartoon series and a fan of the batman film with Catwoman (what's it called?) I was actually really into this series that was set later on in the Gotham(sp?) timelines with Terry and all. I just found it...better than I thought and more interesting than the ones featuring the caped crusader himself.

I watched this movie (can it be called that?) last night and have to say not only am I impressed at the visuals and the sound but I am VERY freaked out!

Really.

I don't want to give any spoilers away but the Arkham Asylum sequence was possibly one of the scariest animated things I've seen since I watched the two pieces in The Animatrix called The Second Renaissence.

I love this movie *holds up sign saying 'I want terry's babies'*
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostFri Oct 31, 2003 12:38 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've spouted the excellence of BB and RotJ really just capped it off perfectly. I will say BB, for a TImm animation, had a mess of episodes that comparibly blew. The flashback sequence was PERFECTION in my opinion.

Now Dill, did you want the edited or unedited version?

I still get giddy during the batman pan around shot, I want badly to be a part of that world one day.

My favorite line has to be Joker saying "Well, if it's a whoopin your a wantin'." The look on his face is high-larious.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Oct 31, 2003 1:58 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
I have no idea what version I watched, I didn't even know there was two versions till I looked it up today.

We have a version released on VHS only (no DVD yet) and it's a 12 so I assume it's the uncut version because otherwise it would be a PG. Well, how do I know if it's cut or uncut? I watched it on Toonami but the rules here on TV seem to be slightly lax compared to yours...

How can I tell?

Anyway, who was the other member of the bat team? i'd never heard of him. There was batman, robin, batgirl and...? Who was it, I'd never even known he existed! How was he how did he get there, where did he go?

I loved the soundtrack to this film too, what can I say? BB has a cool theme tune ^^;;;;

The worst part/scariest/freakiest part was when they played 'the video' in the flash back. That was just...nasty, even though because it was a 'kids' thing they couldn't show you much, my head prety much filled it in -_-' and what they did show was enough to make me go Shocked and hid ebehind the sofa!
PostFri Oct 31, 2003 4:24 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
dillpops wrote:
Anyway, who was the other member of the bat team? i'd never heard of him. There was batman, robin, batgirl and...? Who was it, I'd never even known he existed! How was he how did he get there, where did he go?

Nightwing. He WAS Robin, then he grew up and went out on his own and became Nightwing. Batman didn't want to ruin another kid's childhood, so he didn't find a replacement for Robin. However, the NEW Robin found Batman.

*SLIGHT SPOILER WARNING!!!*
I LOVE RotJ. I loved Batman Beyond period. My favorite part of hte movie is when Terry starts messing with Joker's head. When Terry laughed manically, it sent shivers down my spine. I LOVED it.

*SPOILERS COMPLETE*

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Oct 31, 2003 5:38 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
did the joker stab batman in the knee? if so, it was uncut.

PostSat Nov 01, 2003 2:50 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah he did, but I can't remember if I saw it or not 0_o but I DO remember it happening because then he got pushed over on to the boxes?

Poor, poor Robin. At least he got a better name Twisted Evil
PostSat Nov 01, 2003 5:09 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I still need to grab the DVD...I've seen it and have to say it was very good.
PostSat Nov 01, 2003 5:53 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
The theme song was by Johnny Lang. Hes a young guitarist who sings the blues. I have his albums.

The opening sequence of the movie was supposed to feel like the opening to a bond movie. You learn this and lots of other interesting stuff on the DVD commentary. Though they never talk about the cuts that were made. They make a big deal that it was budgeted to 74 minutes. But it was release theatricaly. And I wished I had seen it that way.

There were a couple of websites that did a side by side comparison of the cut version and the unedited version. The first time i saw the movie was the unedited version with japanese subtitles in real player. The DVD I own is the uncut one as well. Got it the day it came out. The changes are quite extensive. The big one will be how you know.

DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE!

*****************************SPOILER********************

How did Joker die in your version in the flashback? If you saw Tim shoot him and kill him. You saw the unedited version. If you saw Joker get tripped and electricuted. You saw the edited version. Big change isnt it? Changes the entire section about Tim later in life.

If you see Joker stab Batman in the knee. You saw the unedited version. They do drag that bit out for a little while. If you saw ANY blood. It was the unedited version

********************SPOILERS OVER********

For a movie that was made for teenagers and adults. The edited version was a slap in the face. After the movie the series was never the same. It started being setup for the one spin-off with android. And it really lost its edge. If you think about early episodes like Mr Freezes's return. Or the one where Barbara talks about why Robin REALLY left being Robin. It shows you who the show was aimed at.

I pull the DVD out every so often and rewatch it. It never gets old.
PostSat Nov 01, 2003 9:23 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah I saw the unedited version then (UK Toonami rocks!)
PostSun Nov 02, 2003 12:05 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I prolly saw the edited version... Rolling Eyes
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSun Nov 02, 2003 2:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
You know what though, the edited version was also really good. If you have only seen the edited version don't feel bad, both are good.

PostSun Nov 02, 2003 3:08 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Now I want to see the edited version...
PostSun Nov 02, 2003 3:27 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I agree on the Return of Mr. Freeze episode. Timm really had the darkest animated series on tv I had seen in a while.

after the first season the writing started to get lacking. Where you had deep plots dealing with batmans past and his failure to save gotham and Terry's angsty, but not too angsty attitude made some of the episodes masterful. Then it slowly just slid into, "which one of Terry's overblown villans is Batman facing today?

One of my favorite eps was the one where he had to fight the suit, it really proved he was worthy of the title.
PostSun Nov 02, 2003 3:59 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Mr. Freeze episode was classic. Very well done, if a little reminiscent of the repeated deaths of Zero from the megaman X series.
PostSun Nov 02, 2003 6:22 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I HATE the episode where the dog, Ace, gets captured and forced to fight. Yet at the same time, it is very well done. But I hate the premise. Sort of like how, in Beast Wars, both my favorite, and least favorite episode is the one where Dinobot dies.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Nov 02, 2003 6:46 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: