нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Trigun!!!! the thread.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Trigun!!!! the thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
It was cool, very cool. I had thought I missed a lot by not seeing wednesdays, but i guess not I dn't know the story and I missed a lot of the begining but it leads you to believe vash is in fact a product of old tech

and green bird, try to keep the one liners interesting.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 11:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
monday night:

the anime standard here as we basically get a clip show...following the incident with monev, meryl types up her report explaining her contact with vash...the real weight of this episode is the ending though, as we get a glimpse of just what price vash pays to live life the way he does...

i must admit, the shot of vash's upper body and his look back at the insurance girls sent a chill down my spine, even though i've seen it before...it's rare that any animated work shows such a somber image of its protagonist, and it really makes you (or me in this case) think about just what this man has gone through, and yet he still continues to live this way...

looks like tomorrow's the last stop before the main plot kicks in...
PostTue Apr 22, 2003 10:00 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
*starts to dance and sing*
I like knives, knives am fun, knives am great, dum de dee dum dooo dum.

edit: I just eralized just how bender like that "song" sounded. wee! my hero is rubbing off on me! Very Happy

He's better than Pop-Rocks!

Last edited by Spookmonkey on Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Apr 22, 2003 2:02 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
What are the differences between the Manga and the anime?
PostWed Apr 23, 2003 1:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
man, it's been a rough week for me, so much so that i had to sacrifice my trigun viewings until yesterday, so if there's anyone that actually reads my summaries, i'm just gonna cram together tuesday, wednesday, and thursday's episodes into one:

the nebraska family returns, though this time the spotlight's on the insurance girls as meryl realizes the importance of family...enter wednesday, where legato makes another appearance, slaughtering a band of theives using some sort of psychic powers...we're introduced to his band of bad guys, the "gung ho guns" and vash is forced to face off against the female member, a cyclops...though we get some humorous interaction between the two (you know vash and women), she actually puts up a decent fight until vash is able to realize her power: she paralyzes the senses giving the effect of teleportation...vash is able to overcome, leading us into thursday...

vash is given an ominous message by a gung-ho gun and clears out the city prior to their meeting...this guy doesn't turn out to be too much of a challenge, but a second member, a swordsman, proves to be difficult...legato appears and messes with vash's head, unleashing a huge energy-type gun from his (vash's) right arm...this is vash's second time experiencing this, and he is able to divert the blast upward, leaving a hole on one of the moons...

of course, we're left with a missing vash leading into monday as the ride that is trigun starts to speed up...
PostSat Apr 26, 2003 9:23 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Now the questions start to get answered and the series goes deadly serious.

The battle between cyclops and Vash was really funny

"I could have killed you three times by now"

"I could have groped you 5 times by now" And the shirt opens.
PostSat Apr 26, 2003 9:31 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gerbera345

Post subject:
That was quite funny, although ti kind of sucked that she was killed off later on, she was an interesting character, and made for some humorous shit.
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 4:46 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
monday night:

an entire episode set in the past, as it's here that we are introduced to a young vash, his brother knives, the "mystery girl" rem, and the crew of seeds...it appears that vash and knives aren't human, as they're referred to as "monsters" at times, though rem has basically taken on the burden of raising them...we also see knives hatred of the human race coming to the surface, as he is able to manipulate the crew and attempts to destroy the ships full of humans by crashing them into the nearby planet...rem stays behind and is able to save these ships, losing her life in the process...we end with a shot of vash over a hundred years later, swearing revenge...

well, it's a bit hard to cover everything that happened in this episode, because there was just so much to pick up...rem obviously had a heavy influence on the vash we know now, as she has that kindred spirit about her...we see knives' corruption and his differing ideals as the episode goes on, but you almost feel for him, as his state of mind could be linked to the abuse he recieved...

tomorrow's probably my favorite episode of the series, though it should be mentioned that just about every episode here on out is important...
PostTue Apr 29, 2003 9:55 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Did they state it was 100 years? I don't remember that always thought it was more like 20-25 because of how the crew on the ship treats him. They arent that old. But they could be a couple generations old.
PostTue Apr 29, 2003 10:28 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
was anyone else a little suprised to hear whats her name state the whats his name raped her? I really wasn't expecting to hear that.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Apr 29, 2003 1:26 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Did they state it was 100 years? I don't remember that always thought it was more like 20-25 because of how the crew on the ship treats him. They arent that old. But they could be a couple generations old.

well, the ending shot said 107 years later and showed the vash we're more familiar with holding two guns swearing revenge...that's what i was referring to...

as for spook's comment, i was kind of curious as to whether or not that was gonna make it (i was expecting something like "he hit me"), but it was nice to see that a rather adult topic could be brought up on the cartoon network without some lame redub...

also, for some weird reason, i was getting vibes of evangelion during the "trial" thing...guess it was the camera angles on the characters or something, i can't quite explain it...
PostTue Apr 29, 2003 2:48 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
tuesday night:

we start out with a quick resolution from the end of the previous episode as we see an older vash and knives interact, with knives setting off vash's big energy gun thing...

flash forward to the present, where vash has seemingly given up his quest in hopes of living a normal life...now known as eriks, he lives with a young troublemaking girl lina and her grandmother...of course, any anime would be redundant if it ended here, and it's wolfwood that comes to the rescue, meeting vash/eriks and convincing him to return to his former self...when lina is kidnapped by a local gang of thugs, vash and wolfwood take 'em down...vash then departs to continue his journey...

i remain fascinated by how this series can touch on human emotions so convincingly, but even then, the voice actors take it even further with such great performances...we see vash as a broken man, afraid of the weapon we saw last week and what he could do to other people since he can't fully control it (the powerful line "whenever i do anything, people die" comes to mind)...while he initially believes he can run away from it all, wolfwood brings up the cryptic message from knives, reminding vash that there are things he can't leave unresolved and giving him that push back into his old form...

oddly enough, it's not vash but lina that provides the comic relief, though wolfwood isn't without his fair share here either...i also thought the long-haired, unshaven vash looked badass, but that may just be because he looked more like me... =)

overall, a great episode keeping things rolling...
PostWed Apr 30, 2003 3:03 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
to think this time next week, i'll be done finals and have plenty of time to watch my anime...

wednesday night:

vash takes to his wandering ways again, looking for an old friend who appears to work as a weather guy of some sort...wolfwood's in town too, though he mainly sits on the sidelines here...the real plot involves two rival factions trying to take control of the satellite broadcasts within the town, which has turned bloody in the past...while vash makes his way through without killing everyone, there is still a man looking for blood, as the person he aims his gun at killed his daughter in the past...vash pleads for the guy's life, and after a tense moment, he concedes...in the end, we see the villan of the episode actually has ties to legato...

i guess this could be considered a "filler", but it's done right here as we get some of the most comedic moments in the series (wolfwood's line about vash being a cat, vash's song of death to intimidate, the insurance girls, etc.)...it's interesting to see that vash would plead for the life of an obvious criminal as he continues to believe that no matter what, it's not our decision to take a human life...

thursday night:

vash returns to the ship that didn't quite crash over a hundred years ago, though wolfwood tags along for the ride...we see that the crew has gotten to know vash over this time, yet they still fear for life on the outside...this fact is obvious as the people refuse to accept wolfwood, and when the gung-ho guns get involved, he's the first person they blame...we see some sort of puppet-like creation take a crew member hostage, and it's wolfwood and later vash that free her...we get the news though that there are three gung-ho guns inside the ship, ending us on a cliffhanger into monday...

again we get that great mix of comedy and action, as the beginning sequence with the insurance girls as well as the continuing interactions between vash and wolfwood are good for some laughs...the crew guy brad had some unusual comments about vash, reminding me of the one guy's treatment of the younger vash and knives during the flashback episode...we also get the revelation of vash's red clothing, as rem liked that color flower which stood for determination and courage...we're left with a cliffhanger though as vash and wolfwood are to deal with three gung-ho guns in a confined area: should be good...
PostFri May 02, 2003 6:48 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
for those wondering where i've been the past week, it's been a combination of finals and not wanting to spoil certain events in the show that's kept me away from typing my summaries...guess i'll start to catch up now since some major stuff has gone down...

monday night:

the conclusion of thursday's episode finds vash and wolfwood each taking on a gung-ho gun as they attempt to crash the ship into the ground by taking out the plants...vash initially believes he is victorious, but his opponent crashes through the plant, destroying it...wolfwood follows suit, as the remnants of his opponent let loose on the plant, causing the entire ship to crash down to the planet...as the ship's crew touches ground, they're quick to accuse vash, but it's brad that fends them off and defends him...we learn that the third gung-ho gun was still active, replacing jessica with a puppet that attempts to open fire on vash, but brad jumps in the way, losing his life in front of vash's eyes...wolfwood finds the remaining gung-ho gun and quickly ends his life...

tuesday night:

vash, wolfwood, and the insurance girls are denied entry into a nearby town...it's here that they're introduced to a bunch of kids living on the outskirts due to an odd event...the four adults live and care for them, only to be rudely awakened the next morning as sandworms begin to wreak havok all over...everyone runs into the town, only to see it in ruins...

vash is able to find the source of this strange activity, as a gung-ho gun is revealed to be a kid in the group...holding a gun to meryl, he threatens to end vash's life, and yet both vash and meryl attempt to reason with him...out of nowhere, the kid is shot and killed by wolfwood, believing he's made the right choice...this obviously doesn't settle well with vash, and we get a heated confrontation as the credits roll...

(note to self: finish summaries later)
---
[added much, much later...]

wednesday night:

we start off with an interesting look into wolfwood's past...with the addition of the actions of the previous episode weighing down on him, wolfwood's guardian, chapel appears to question him of his current actions...it turns out that wolfwood does indeed have some ties to knives, but he remains true to himself, leading to another attack by the gung-ho guns, with vash taking on a sniper outside of town and wolfwood dealing with chapel...

vash is able to take care of the sniper (though he commits suicide right in front of him), while the real action takes place back in town...wolfwood and chapel are matched evenly, though in the end, wolfwood is still standing...normally, he'd shoot to kill, but with vash's way of living rubbing off on him, he chooses to lower his gun and leave...chapel slowly raises his gun and fires...

we then get one of the most dramatic scenes in all of anime as a bleeding wolfwood enters a church for a confessional...he comes to the realization of how to live life and pleads to be spared, only to slowly fade from this world...millie's crying about sums up the vibe from the end of this episode...

thursday night:

back in a populated town, vash attempts but fails to push aside all the negativity from the recent past...legato sends a stern message, silencing the town, but before vash can get to him, he has to deal with the horn freak, the final gung-ho gun...after a difficult fight, vash is able to overcome and goes to meet legato...

meanwhile, the insurance girls decide it's best to follow vash, despite his warnings...they fall into the wrong hands though, as they are taken hostage by humans controlled through legato...vash continues to hold to his ideals not to kill despite legato almost pleading him to...legato continues to put pressure on him, ordering the humans to shoot the insurance girls, finally leading vash to do the unthinkable...
PostFri May 09, 2003 9:49 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
for completionist's sake, here's the last two episodes in a nutshell...

monday night:

we find vash waking up after being out for over a week, only to quickly remember his actions involving legato...turns out the insurance girls brought him to a small town and are working odd jobs to make some money while vash recovers physically, though his mental state after pulling the trigger is in disarray to say the least...

the townsfolk soon become aware of just who they let into town and set to make vash's life a living hell, with one person coming close to killing him for the death of a relative he believed was caused by "vash the stampede"...meryl steps in and talks about how precious life is, reminding vash of rem's words and rejuvenating his perception on life...with this new outlook, he sets himself to take on knives, but not before millie brings wolfwood's cross over...the deep (perhaps religious?) shot of vash walking with the cross into the desert prepares us for the final showdown...

tuesday night:

vash and knives finally meet in a small area in the desert...we then get the full backstory that's been hinted to us over the course of the series: knives' hatred for the human race and vash's struggle to keep rem's words alive, the guns they each possess, the gung-ho guns, just about everything is touched on...

of course, we can't end the series there, and the brothers quickly take to their guns in one of the most amazing displays of gunfighting i think i've ever seen in an anime...no matter what each does, it seems they're dead even...knives steps it up by using the angel arm, only to be countered by vash...finally, with vash on the ground and knives with both guns, all seems lost until vash is reminded of the cross beside him...with knives reeling, vash is able to take him down, though he doesn't actually kill him...vash decides to use his own words in addition to rem's in the future, and takes the wounded knives away, leaving behind his gun and red cloak as we roll into the special credits...

...which were cut...um, kind of a shame they didn't air the still photos during the credits of the last episode, but basically you missed the insurance girls in town, kuroneko, and vash approaching the town from a distance, with a "the end" as the song fades...

so yea, that's trigun...i'm glad to see cn air this series, and while some of their "gun to the head" edits seemed a bit odd, i think they did a great job with the series in the overall...anyone wanna comment on the series as a whole?
PostWed May 14, 2003 7:18 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: