нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject: Animation News
Like Movie/TV news only this is for all forms and types of animation type news. oh hell, you can throw reviews in here too if you really want (probably not)

Look for supporting players Lois Lane and Alfred the butler to show up on an upcoming episode of Justice League according to a write-up in the L.A. Times. The article indicates that a season-two episode will features the return of Dana Delany as Lois Lane and Efrem Zimbalist Jr. as Alfred.

Sources have confirmed that the episode in question is titled "Hereafter," and will feature the return of several characters from the Superman animated series of the 1990s. However, due to various reasons not all of the original voice actors will be reprising their roles.

In fact, voice actor Corey Burton (Brainiac) fills in for three actors. "Bruce figured he could have me knock off all three roles," says Burton, "thereby saving a good script. Interestingly enough, all of my characters are in a scene together. I?ve been on shows before where I have to talk to myself ? this time I did it in triplicate."

The recording session for ?Hereafter? was held on Friday, October 18.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!

Last edited by Spookmonkey on Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Jan 07, 2003 12:52 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
when is JL on. I keep forgetting to watch
PostTue Jan 07, 2003 3:10 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rumours have started flying around this week about a new top secret Transformers project. Transformers: Generation Zero. Apparently, Armada will only be a short lived TV show and toyline and will be replaced in 2004 with this all new product.

To celebrate 20 years of the Transformers, Hasbro is really going to get behind its product. Although rumours are sketchy, it looks like they plan to "Ultimize" the TF Universe, much like what Marvel have done with their Spiderman character. Expect to see much loved characters appearing as they would in this day and age. Rumours about the possibility of a TF movie have also been linked to this project although no-one can say for sure.

here's JL schedule basicly for the next month.
Jan. 11 12:00 p.m. Knight Of Shadows, A Pt. 1
Jan. 11 12:30 p.m. Knight Of Shadows, A Pt. 2
Jan. 11 9:00 p.m. Knight Of Shadows, A Pt. 1
Jan. 11 9:30 p.m. Knight Of Shadows, A Pt. 2
Jan. 18 12:00 p.m. Metamorphasis, Pt. 1
Jan. 18 12:30 p.m. Metamorphasis, Pt. 2
Jan. 18 9:00 p.m. Metamorphasis, Pt. 1
Jan. 18 9:30 p.m. Metamorphasis, Pt. 2
Jan. 25 12:00 p.m. In Blackest Night: Part 1
Jan. 25 12:30 p.m. In Blackest Night: Part 2
Jan. 25 9:00 p.m. In Blackest Night: Part 1
Jan. 25 9:30 p.m. In Blackest Night: Part 2
Feb. 01 12:00 p.m. Enemy Below, The (Part 1)
Feb. 01 12:30 p.m. Enemy Below, The (Part 2)
Feb. 01 9:00 p.m. Enemy Below, The (Part 1)
Feb. 01 9:30 p.m. Enemy Below, The (Part 2)
Feb. 08 12:00 p.m. Injustice for All: Part 1
Feb. 08 12:30 p.m. Injustice for All: Part 2
Feb. 08 9:00 p.m. Injustice for All: Part 1
Feb. 08 9:30 p.m. Injustice for All: Part 2

PostTue Jan 07, 2003 3:39 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spook, you WILL keep me posted on this TF project. You don't have a choice. I want to know everything. And have you heard any news about what Mainframe Entertainment is up to?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Jan 07, 2003 6:12 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
Rumours have started flying around this week about a new top secret Transformers project. Transformers: Generation Zero. Apparently, Armada will only be a short lived TV show and toyline and will be replaced in 2004 with this all new product.

To celebrate 20 years of the Transformers, Hasbro is really going to get behind its product. Although rumours are sketchy, it looks like they plan to "Ultimize" the TF Universe, much like what Marvel have done with their Spiderman character. Expect to see much loved characters appearing as they would in this day and age.

but isn't that what Armada was supposed to be? How could it get any more in "our day and age".
PostTue Jan 07, 2003 6:54 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
It could be done by an american studio and done right.

PostTue Jan 07, 2003 9:33 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Princess Power Party
On Friday, February 14 (3:00 pm - 11:00 pm ET), Toon Disney celebrates Valentine's Day with mystery, romance and adventure during the "Princess Power Party," a nine-hour event starring some of the toon world's most popular princesses. Films featured during the event include Swan Princess III: Mystery of the Enchanted Castle (4:00 pm ET), Cinderella II: Dreams Come True (5:40 pm and 9:00 pm ET) and Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (7:20 pm ET).

TaleSpin Marathon
It's adventure and fun with Baloo, Louie and friends on Saturday, February 15 (3:00 pm - 7:00 pm ET/PT) as they stumble across intrigue and mystery during a TaleSpin series marathon.

President's Day Marathon
On Monday, February 17, it's a President's Day marathon double-header featuring Teamo Supremo (9:00 am - 7:00 pm ET) and the new animated series, Fillmore (7:00 pm - 11:00 pm ET), which currently airs as part of the "ABC Kids" Saturday morning programming block on the ABC Television Network.

PostWed Jan 08, 2003 2:57 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cartoon Network's two biggest properties, Adult Swim and Codename: Kids Next Door, have skyrocketed in ratings in the past couple of weeks, and last week was one of the most definitive weeks.

The Adult Swim New Year's Eve Bash managed to sweep cable with a #1 ranking for men between the ages of 18 and 24 for the entire block, from 11:00 pm to 3:00 am, with a 512% increase in delivery and 450% increase in ratings (1.1), and men from 18 to 34 had a 194% increase in delivery and 250% in ratings (0.7). Adults 18-24 had a 290% increase in delivery and 250% in ratings (0.7), and adults 18-34 had a 61% increase in delivery and a 33% increase in ratings (0.4).

Meanwhile, the new Cartoon Cartoon, Codename: Kids Next Door, grabbed its highest delivery to date last week, with a delivery of 883,000 viewers (4.3 rating) for boys 2-11, and 591,000 viewers (4.7 rating) for boys 6-11.

Codename: Kids Next Door has already been renewed for a second season, which is currently in production.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cartoon Network has announced full details on its plans for the first half of 2003, including programming stunts as well as premiere dates for two highly anticipated series, Teen Titans and Duck Dodgers. As always, this information is subject to change.

NEW SERIES

Teen Titans - Friday, May 30, 8 pm ET/PT: Glen Murikami produces this latest DC Superhero series from Warner Bros. Animation. Set in a future where the Earth is involved in intergalactic affairs and skirmishes, Robin leads a group of young teen superheroes to form Earth's line of defense against these alien threats. However, they're still teenagers and their personalities often clash with each other, so they have to overcome these obstacles in order to grow as a team.

Duck Dodgers - Saturday, June 28, Time TBA: Every saga has a beginning. For the first time ever, the origins of one of the most popular space sagas of all time are revealed. No, this isn't some Star War thing - it's Duck Dodgers, the hero of the 24th and 1/2 Century, in this new series from Paul Dini and Spike Brandt at Warner Bros. Animation. Well, actually, he's really Daffy Duck - accidentally frozen inside a spacecraft in the 21st Century, he is refrozen 351 years later. Somehow managing to convince the Earth Defensive Protectorate that he is Duck Dodgers, space hero of the 21st century, Daffy earns his own spaceship, crew (Porky Pig as the Eager Young Space Cadet), and mission - to defend the Earth against Mars, specifically Martian Commander X-2 (Marvin the Martian reprising his acclaimed performance). The Earth's survival depends on Duck Dodgers - pray for them.

SPECIALS AND STUNTS

Cartoon Network's NBA All-Star Slam - Sunday, February 9, 12-6 pm ET/PT: To coincide with TNT's broadcast of the NBA All-Star Game, Cartoon Network is letting top NBA superstars like Shaq, Latrell Spreewell, and Jason Kidd give props to their favorite cartoon stars - be it all-time favorites such as Bugs and Daffy or "old-school" stars such as Hong Kong Phooey, the Wonder Twins, and Droopy.

It's Valentine's Day, Johnny Bravo! - Friday, February 14, 9 pm ET/PT: One of the original Cartoon Cartoons returns! Donny Osmond, Molly Shannon, Joe McIntyre, and Maureen McCormick star in this new primetime special by the original creative team. To celebrate Johnny's birthday (which also happens to be Valentine's Day), Mrs. Bravo sets her son on a blind date with what turns out to be the girl of his dreams. Naturally, disaster and hilarity ensues.

Cartoon Network's Greatest Musical Moments - Friday, March 7, 8 pm ET/PT: Music has always been one of the most integral parts of animation since the early days of sound - the "Merrie Melodies" series, for instance, was originally structured around musical numbers - and has continued through to modern animation. This special ranks the top musical moments from the entire Cartoon Network library, from classics such as "What's Opera, Doc?," "One Froggy Evening," and "I Love to Singa," to more modern efforts such as the special "Lab-retto" episode of Dexter's Laboratory.

April Fool's Day Monkey Marathon - Tuesday, April 1, 8 am-11 pm ET/PT: Yes, we've all called the programming executives at cable networks "monkeys" at one point or another, be it because of an on-air mishap or simply a bad schedule. Yet no network has ever brought in a real life chimpanzee to program the network. Until now. In the tradition of past marathons such as "Danger Island Day" and "Showing One Screwy Squirrel Cartoon Over And Over And Over," Cartoon Network is actually bringing in a live chimpanzee to pick cartoons to be shown. It's not known what the chimp will pick, but don't be surprised if Cartoon Network's monkey cartoons like "Grape Ape" and "Dial M For Monkey" get big exposure.

The First Mom of Cartoon Network Mother's Day Marathon - Sunday, May 11, 12-7 pm ET/PT: Cartoon Network's most famous mother, Wilma Flintstone, is spotlighted in this special marathon. From 12-5 pm, classic "Flintstones" episodes will chronicle the relationship between Fred and Wilma, starting with a flashback to when they met and chronicling their marriage, Wilma's pregnancy, and the birth of Pebbles. This culminates at 5 pm with the Cartoon Network premiere of "Hollyrock-A-Bye-Baby," where Pebbles, all grown up, gives birth to twins, thus making Wilma a grandmother.

Cartoon Network Bloopers - Saturday, June 7, time TBA: Remember the classic Cartoon Network interstitial "Bloopers of the Cartoon Stars"? If you do, then you probably know what's in store for this new special. For the rest of you, you get to take an inside look at what happens when something goes wrong - be it Johnny Bravo flubbling his lines, or an Anvil falling at an inopportune time.

PostWed Jan 08, 2003 2:58 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Spookmonkey wrote:

To celebrate 20 years of the Transformers, Hasbro is really going to get behind its product. Although rumours are sketchy, it looks like they plan to "Ultimize" the TF Universe, much like what Marvel have done with their Spiderman character. Expect to see much loved characters appearing as they would in this day and age.

but isn't that what Armada was supposed to be? How could it get any more in "our day and age".

The original series, the one that strated it all way back in the 80's, is refered to by fans as Generation 1. This new show being titled Generation Zero leads me to believe that it is some sort of prequel to the entire Transformers timeline. Something that would delve into the history of the Matrix or Unicron or how the Transformers factioned off and started fighting or how they were created. That's my take on it, at least.

I found Codename: KND to be rather refreshing, btw. I hope it stays fresh. It's the stuff that every kid imagines and wishes were true, kinda. With the huge tree house and the cool gadgets and such.

PostWed Jan 08, 2003 5:14 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
The Adult Swim New Year's Eve Bash managed to sweep cable with a #1 ranking for men between the ages of 18 and 24 for the entire block, from 11:00 pm to 3:00 am, with a 512% increase in delivery and 450% increase in ratings (1.1), and men from 18 to 34 had a 194% increase in delivery and 250% in ratings (0.7). Adults 18-24 had a 290% increase in delivery and 250% in ratings (0.7), and adults 18-34 had a 61% increase in delivery and a 33% increase in ratings (0.4).

How do they figure out ratings? Do they survey random people? Or is there a secret chip in your TV that sends data to TV stations about what you're watching?
PostWed Jan 08, 2003 8:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beefy wrote:
How do they figure out ratings? Do they survey random people? Or is there a secret chip in your TV that sends data to TV stations about what you're watching?

Both. Twisted Evil

Teen Titans and Duck Dodgers? w00t Exclamation
PostWed Jan 08, 2003 9:08 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
TOKYOPOP has lined up Veteran scribe Keith Giffen (Dominion) to write the English-language adaptation of the book. Giffen is a fan of the film, which has attained a large following in the United States in spite of never having had a legitimate release here.

"Keith is a perfect match with this project. He knows how to handle the sensitive material and bring out the social commentary from within this very dark, disturbing and violent project," Mark Paniccia, Senior Editor at TOKYOPOP told C2F.

Takami Koushun wrote the original Battle Royale novel. He went on to pen the script for the manga which is illustrated by Taguchi Masayuki. The film was directed by Kinji Fukasaku who Quentin Tarantino (Kill Bill) and John Woo (Windtalkers) frequently cite as an influence.

The ultra-violent movie is largely viewed as unsuitable for mainstream, American, post-Columbine audiences.

The premise involves a near-future Japan, plagued by economic and social decay, and an increasingly violent youth underclass. To remedy the situation, the government enacts the Battle Royale Act, creating a to-the-death tournament for under-achieving junior high-school age children. The students are isolated on an island, given guns and other weapons, and forced to engage in the bloody, last-man-standing contest.

As with all TOKYOPOP translations, Battle Royale will be presented in authentic manga format. The format presents the artwork as originally intended, reading right-to-left (not a left-to-right mirror image as is often presented). The original Japanese-lettered sound effects are also left intact.

TOKYOPOP will publish the English-language edition of the eight-volume Battle Royale in May.

(comics are close enough to animation, aren't they? yes, I said comics not manga)

PostWed Jan 08, 2003 11:31 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Voices of the new TMNT characters announced. Anyone know of these people?

Raphael-Frank Frankson
Michelangelo-Wayne Grayson
Splinter-Darren Dunstan
April-Veronic Taylor
Casey-Mark Thompson
Shredder-Scottie Ray

PostSat Jan 11, 2003 12:21 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Veronica Taylor plays, among other roles: Ash Ketcham (Pokemon), Yukino Miyazawa (Kare Kano) and Shia Has (Captain Tylor)

Looks like the New York-based actors that 4Kids and RightStuf usually hire (TAJ Productions).
PostSun Jan 12, 2003 6:09 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
(VANCOUVER, CANADA January 15, 2003) -- Mainframe Entertainment (creator of Reboot and Beast Wars), Inc. (TSX: MFE), an industry leader in computer animation, will attend NATPE 2003 with two new animated projects. "Alien Legion," based on the cult comic book series created by Carl Potts with Alan Zelenetz and Frank Cirocco, and "Maxine 5," the story of a determined twelve-year girl who enters the competitive world of futuristic racing, are the two most recent properties on offer from the Vancouver-based company.

Joy Tashjian, Vice President, Worldwide Sales and Marketing, Mainframe Entertainment, said, "These two new programs make exciting additions to Mainframe?s eclectic array of computer generated animation series. From a creative aspect as well as from an overall business standpoint, both of these projects represent Mainframe?s commitment to providing domestic and international broadcasters with entertaining animation programming that has strong appeal for today?s youth audience."

"Alien Legion" follows the futuristic exploits of the Legion's Force Nomad and its multi-species ranks of alien footsloggers, soldiers of fortune, priests, poets and cads. Culled from the unwanted of three galaxies, legionnaires are the expendable shock troops and peacekeepers of the new intergalactic realm. Debuting as a comic book in 1983, "Alien Legion" has a die-hard fan base that helped fuel a successful licensed merchandise campaign encompassing posters, T-shirts, candy and more, as well as numerous fan sites on the internet.

Citing the storyboard as the common denominator for comic books, television and movies, creator Carl Potts stated, "One of the challenges of turning the comic book series into a television program is that you want the series to look contemporary without seeming too trendy. We?re working closely with Mainframe to preserve the feel of the original comic book series while giving the show a fresh, modern look." Potts, who serves as a producer on the program, is eager to use Mainframe?s innovative animation techniques to expand the storylines and characters initiated in the comic book.

Set in a future where the hottest young video-game car racers become the talent pool for the real thing, "Maxine 5" sets teenagers in powerful machines competing against each other for a chance to become World Champion. Gusty twelve-year old Maxine Walsh, the youngest ever competitor in the junior World Racing Championship (WRC-JR), is following in her father?s footsteps. Facing the pressures, high-speed danger and excitement of futuristic racing in the year 2090, "Maxine 5" has all the elements for success with today?s sophisticated and ever-changing youth market

PostSat Jan 18, 2003 7:37 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: