нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Blue Gender... more mecha makes its way to AS
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Blue Gender... more mecha makes its way to AS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
CollegeBum wrote:
Hey..does anyone else see how BG kind of relates to gundam?

Sleepers are almost like New Types.

Both able to pilot a mech better than the avrage soldier. Cool
Ah, I bet no one thought of that.

actually that's the first thing that i thought of..
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 11:59 pm
AngelKnight2780

Post subject:
The_Dragon_Master wrote:
AngelKnight2780 wrote:
Since the B-Cell Shrikes require a Sleeper to operate properly

Didn't Marline pilot one of the new Shrikes?

Yes, but in conjunction with a Sleeper co-pilot (the young girl). It's much like the setup in Gundam X - while Garrod might be the pilot of the Gundam X, without Tiffa, he's just piloting several tons of inert material.

The_Dragon_Master wrote:
counterparadox wrote:
Question: Why wasn't that young girl sleeper given a super cool shrike like Yuji and Tony? If the answer comes up in the future episodes, then don't tell. But wouldn't their chances of victory increase if she had one too?

Maybe she didn't test well enough on the simulations to get one. Or maybe there weren't enough to go around. Another posibility could be so you could tell them apart, because Marline's Shrike looked different from Yuji's.

It seems to me that the Doubleedge Shrike (the type Yuji and Tony pilot) is a VERY advanced model, possibly with a pseudo-EXAM type controller (witness Tony's gutting of the one Blue purely on intuition). A pilot without the will and the ability to pilot one would be torn to shreads psychically, if not physically. Thus, weaker Sleepers are placed into supporting roles, with a veteran co-pilot.

Okay, enough with the Gundam references...
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 2:46 am
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
Man, talk about a turn around...Yugi is acting the sam way Marline used to and shes acting like he used too.

Heres an idea...they keep making all those strike mechs...so why dont they just make a big one with a huge shoe?

Thats what it is all about!
PostMon Sep 01, 2003 11:27 pm
wild_knight

Post subject:
I was dozing on last nights episode and didn't really catch everything. Could someone tell me what that one scientist was telling marlene. that was the only part i can't remember.
PostWed Sep 03, 2003 11:38 am
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
Well there was a MAJOR break though wiht the story We find out where the Blue came from.
Back when that disease started showing up some scientist started exparmenting with it using anmals...and the B cells caused the anamals to mutate into the blue. AND!! If the sleepers keep using the B cells to increase their fighting cabablitys they will mutate into a new form of Blue

PostWed Sep 03, 2003 11:47 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
yeah, I am soo glad I caught last night's episode.
A rabbit exploded!!

peace
PostWed Sep 03, 2003 1:12 pm
wild_knight

Post subject:
thanks collegebum. i always thought they would be man made. it just made sense. i mean if they came from outer space, why wouldn't some bugs go up and attack 2nd earth?
PostWed Sep 03, 2003 8:40 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
It figures that the Blue were made in some lab.

As usual mankind will be the architect of our own demise.
PostWed Sep 03, 2003 8:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
I just want you to remember.

Society was brought to its knees.

By a bunny.
PostWed Sep 03, 2003 11:31 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Bunnies, are taking over space now. Goodness, did Tony friggin brainwash Alicia, probably not cause since she's young and easily influenced. What a twist, I expected Tony to turn on everyone, but not like that. Only 5 more episodes. Let's see if there are more surprises coming up for the ending.

peace
PostMon Sep 08, 2003 11:51 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
Well Im glad to see that CN is letting the blood fly. This has got to be the most blood that has even been shown on CN

Going back to the begaining of the eps last night. THey really wanted to give you that "sad, oh my god look at whats happen" feeling. With the music and just showing the after math of that battle.
On another note...Sending those men into that space station was one of the dumbest things ever. At they at lest fit an Armor Shrike in there?

PostTue Sep 09, 2003 2:19 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yea, a lot of the time, it is hard to understand the real force behind the blows with out blood. Plus, it just makes the show that much more darmatic in this case. I don't believe that we'd have any idea how phyco Yuji has become with out it.
PostTue Sep 09, 2003 7:10 pm
wild_knight

Post subject:
I was really interested how they would deal with Alicia. Not only from the story's view but from an editor's view. I figured that she would be shot (dead or not?, not sure since she popped up in the episode preview) and how they would show it. I think it turned out well, we don't really need a graphic portrayal of a child being shot but it served to convey the emotional trama it caused Yuji. I also think it was fitting that Rick shot Alicia instead of Marlene or Yuji.

I was also thinking how many blue are there on the space station? I mean, really, how many could Tony cram on to one shuttle? To me it seems like it wouldn't be a whole lot of them to deal with.
PostWed Sep 10, 2003 12:55 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
well, you forget that the Blue probably multiply quite quickly, though we haven't seen any Blue Hives or anything I'm sure they're in the process.

peace
PostWed Sep 10, 2003 3:06 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok, this has been buggin me. See, you know those HUGS blue with the core in the abdomen? The green ones? Well WHY THE HELL WERE THEY IN NEW YORK. All the other blue that we've seen have evolved to fit their setting. Those specific blue wouldn't just migrate to New York, either. Hell, they cna't swim OR fly,m so it's not even possible. The logistics of it aren't logical. I think it's a huge error on the creators part.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Sep 10, 2003 3:29 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: