нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Gundam SEED on CN!!!!!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Gundam SEED on CN!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject: Gundam SEED on CN!!!!!
http://www.bandai.com/about/pr.cfm?pr_id=50

Scroll down till you see the gundam topic. It says that they are making toys for the Gundam SEED which is to be on Cartoon Networks Action Block. Sadly, 'Action Block' can mean 2 things.

1)its going to the Toonami Action Block...

or

2)Its going to the Adult Swim Action block...

People, this is BIG... it could easily do for Toonami, what Gundam Wing did.

Personally i'd like to see it on Adult Swim just because it'll suffer through less edits... but no matter what, its gonna get edited. If you haven't already been drawn in by Gundam SEED then get ready.
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 1:59 am
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
WOOT!

Yay Gundam SEED!
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 9:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well I don't really know much about this one, So is it part of the UC storyline, or just another alternative universe? And, for me personally, I'd rather it go to Adult Swim as we haven't had one at their edit standards yet....

*thinks back to Toonami edited 0080 and 0083 fillers on AS then shudders*
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 1:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Its like gundam Wing in the sense that its got its own little universe.
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 1:55 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
it might be best to wait until cartoon network officially announces it before getting too happy...if i remember correctly, bandai released a statement early last year saying that zeta gundam was going to air on both toonami and adult swim around fall 2003, and that didn't come to pass...

still, from what i've been reading, gundam seed is going to be the big series bandai plans to focus on in 2004, so there's little doubt it's gonna air somewhere on the network...
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 3:27 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
I hope it comes on. Toonami needs a new show to liven it up. If it is YIPPE!
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 5:24 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm guessing the catch line will be, "Suit up again, for the first time... again."
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 5:31 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun, on the main page, wrote:

NEW GUNDAM! FINALLY!

Fans of Gundam, your time has come! Haters of SD, cringe no more from the torture and waiting for better material! We finally got some new Gundam coming to Cartoon Network! Gundam SEED is hitting Toonami (that's right, Toonami, not SVES) as a Fridays staple on April 30, which is, ironically, the day it coincides with the U.S. release of the manga.

alright, i'll shut up now...
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 5:41 pm
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
gfpaperboy22 wrote:
Its like gundam Wing in the sense that its got its own little universe.

Actually, It's a UC series, since three of the main characters are the adult forms of the kids from Mobile Suit Gundam
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 6:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Irkan_Warrior wrote:
Actually, It's a UC series, since three of the main characters are the adult forms of the kids from Mobile Suit Gundam

I think you're mastaking this for Z Gundam, where the three orphans do appear as teenagers. Adopted by Frau Bou and her husband *spoiler deleted*.
-----
*The information I discuss below can be found at http://www.mahq.net, as well as episode summaries and mecha specs.

For those of us who don't know exactly what Gundam SEED is, I'll try to be brief. SEED is indeed an alternate universe series, but follows the storyline of the original Mobile Suit Gundam rather closely. Space colonies, a spacenoid independant movement (ZAFT), newtypes (here called Coordinators), and a young boy caught up in it all against his will. Like I said, the general storyline follows Gundam closely, perhaps uncomfortably closely, as fans will undoubtedly see plot events unfolding just as they did in the first series. But once the series hits the midpoint, things take drastic changes and the story really comes into its own. SEED takes Gundam W's idea of multiple gundams and carries it off quite well, infusing enough new technological innovations into the gundams to keep the more technically-minded of us interested.

The characters don't follow the original Gundam's personality templates as much as the plot does, but they will still be familiar. Certain characters will jump out as being departures from the originals (like a female warship skipper who hates fighting, and a green-haired, Quatra-esque, ZAFT pilot who *spoiler deleted*, really driving the dynamic between the two protagonists), right alongside obligatory Gundam stereotypes (a blonde, silver-masked suit pilot/officer, but he does have one of the best plot twists in the whole series).

Not only does SEED remain close to the original in storyline terms, but the spirit of the series srtikes a close parallel as well. In particular, the idea that "right" and "wrong" are terms used by all sides but with different meanings, and that there are only shades of grey in war. It's this kind of metaphysical subplot that I don't think is suited for Toonami's target demographic. In addition, SEED brings up topics that are downright adult-oriented. One character on the battleship which the main protagonist is on, witnesses her father (an Earth military commander) killed in battle by ZAFT. After this, she forms a hatred against all Coordinators (since only they can pilot ZAFT suits), and so manipulates the protagonist into killing them for her. She even goes so far as to sleep with him to control him, something that is overtly referred to in the script! That sounds hardly like Toonami material. Add to this the subplot of a secret organization manipulating the Earth military, with the sole purpose of killing every Coordinator on Earth and in the colonies. I don't believe that the issue of wholesale genetic cleansing is suited for Toonami, if only the gravity of the idea is rather mature in and of itself.

Personally, I don't think this is as good a move as if it went to AS instead of Toonami. I'm not saying that many Toonami viewers won't appreciate the intricacies of storytelling such as this (as evident by the intelligent members of this message board), but that the majority of Toonami viewers are much younger and won't understand the subtleties of these mature subplots. The final judgement will come once we see the handling of the SEED dub on TV, but I will stand firm in my belief that SEED should have gone to AS, just like Z Gundam should.
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 6:51 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
Daikun, on the main page, wrote:

NEW GUNDAM! FINALLY!

Fans of Gundam, your time has come! Haters of SD, cringe no more from the torture and waiting for better material! We finally got some new Gundam coming to Cartoon Network! Gundam SEED is hitting Toonami (that's right, Toonami, not SVES) as a Fridays staple on April 30, which is, ironically, the day it coincides with the U.S. release of the manga.

alright, i'll shut up now...

I remain skeptical, since the article Daikun linked states this information came from Bandai America, the same people that stated Z Gundam was going to air on both Toonami and Adult Swim in 2003. Rolling Eyes
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 8:34 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Dude, I got a good friend who was downloading fansubs of this, and he says it's pretty sweet. Of course it follows the same story as the original, but different, like GW was, but he says the animation is top notch.
PostMon Jan 19, 2004 10:31 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Well its kinda like the UC... but then again its really not. Oh, and for the record... I was the first one to report this.. not that lazy bastard daikun!

Here is an image of the gundam from the 3rd intro, just as a teaser for those who haven't seen it.

PostMon Jan 19, 2004 11:16 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Speaking of suits, here's food for though:
Don't you think it's kinda interesting that "Freedom" and "Justice" would end up opposing each other?

*NOTICE: Yeah, it's a pseudo-spoiler, but nobody that doesn't already know that far in the story will even get it, so don't worry about it, Fritz.
PostTue Jan 20, 2004 12:03 am
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Oh, and I don't know if anyone else has read that post by Daikun but it didn't even mention that Toonami was getting Gundam SEED. It only said that a Action Block was getting it. As I mentioned before, it might easily go to ASA.
PostTue Jan 20, 2004 4:58 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: