нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - evangelion fans
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
evangelion fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I like Eva.
It was the first series I bought on DVD. Back in the days I was a true n00b and paid full retail price for all 8 discs. I bought the Paul Champagne metal artbox to put them in. I bought both movies. I just finished collecting and watching all the "Platinum" editions.
And I haven't regretted any of it.

That said, I still get more enjoyment out of watching Tylor, Dual!, GTO and Nadesico for the umpteenth time each. Mainly because they're not as heavy-handed about expressing their main themes as Eva is, so they're a lot more fun to just drop in the player, sit back and rewatch.

IMHO, YMMV. Cool
PostFri Jun 10, 2005 2:48 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Eva gives you a story line about religion and family. It gives you giant mechs that are tied to a short leash. The enemies are angels for christ's sake. I loved it more because netflix had all the DVD's for rental and I didnt have to pay for any of it. And it was legal.

The series raises a lot of questions about man's control over nature. It raises questions about there being a a higher power.

AND IT HAS MECHS!

Of course saying to much about the "mechs" would ruin the series.

Then episode 26 comes along and ruins everything by being to damned japanese. Might as well had Hello Kitty in the episode as the devil.
PostFri Jun 10, 2005 7:16 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I could just see one of the angels being replaced by a giant Hello Kitty doll with laser eyes.
PostFri Jun 10, 2005 1:31 pm
necromancer

Post subject:
um fodder not tryin to spil this for any 1 but they arent mechs *gurl ner yvivat guvatf jvgu uhzna fbhyf va gurz* srry if im spoiling any thing!
Fodder wrote:
Of course saying to much about the "mechs" would ruin the series.

Therefore- Cajun Mod. note: blackened text with ROT-13 for everyone!- Nobu.
PostWed Jun 15, 2005 4:58 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh i know. And yeah thats a HUGE spoiler for those who havent seen it. But by this point this is probaly a series we all have seen. I have seen the 26 episodes. Right up to the discovery.

But they are mechs. Sure they are really biological and all. But if you were to classify the series it would be as a mech series because of the Eva's.

Mech = giant metal robot

But Evagelion is just weird enough to qualify Smile
PostWed Jun 15, 2005 7:28 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I HAVE NOT SEEN EVENAGELION.

Jeese, need I say that again? Should I just put it in my siggy?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 15, 2005 5:10 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
You havent seen NGE yet? Whats wrong with you CP? Been watching Naruto marathons? Do you have a life or something? I am so disapointed in you.
PostWed Jun 15, 2005 6:22 pm
necromancer

Post subject:
oh well if i spoiled something i just liked it enough to make it technical. and i would like to ask if any 1 else saw episode 26 and and said "what the fuck?!?"
PostWed Jun 15, 2005 6:37 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
necromancer wrote:
oh well if i spoiled something i just liked it enough to make it technical.

If you feel you have to apologize in advance for posting a huge spoiler, then it doesn't need to be posted in the first place.
Quote:
and i would like to ask if any 1 else saw episode 26 and and said "what the fuck?!?"

Fodder's first response to your initial post wrote:
But Eva we have all seen and its last episode really makes you go "WTF?!"

Way to read the thread there, bucko. Razz
PostWed Jun 15, 2005 9:53 pm
necromancer

Post subject:
wuts wrong with bringing that up again?
PostWed Jun 15, 2005 10:13 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Because everyone says, "WTF?!" at the end, though not always for the same reasons. Wink
PostWed Jun 15, 2005 10:30 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
You havent seen NGE yet? Whats wrong with you CP? Been watching Naruto marathons? Do you have a life or something? I am so disapointed in you.

If this was coming from almost anyone else, I would not have laughed my ass off . . . Thank you Fodder.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 15, 2005 10:32 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Your welcome CP

Im almost thinking you could talk about episode 26 of NGE without it actualy spoiling the rest of the series. You just couldnt say "Well they didnt tie up plot line x" "Or don't you think they should have mentioned My Mother the Car was a big inspiration for the series".

But you could say -
A needless episode with a school boy hallucinating about school and having sex with other pre-teens seems like an odd way to end NGE

That wouldnt be a spoiler
PostThu Jun 16, 2005 12:52 pm
necromancer

Post subject:
ok i got a question. wuts ur favorite eva? wut unit?
PostMon Jun 20, 2005 6:38 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
The one with the spell checker module
PostMon Jun 20, 2005 7:37 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: