нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - OK thoughts on Deathklok
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
OK thoughts on Deathklok

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: OK thoughts on Deathklok
I have been waiting for this show since it was announced. And to me it was liking watching what all of us metal heads thought Metallica was like in say 1987.

Plus you add in the Spinal Tap killing of someone, I'm guessing weekly. In their case the drummer. In this case the chef. Plus I'm waiting for the inevitable rips or outright downloadable versions of their songs.

Am I the only person who thinks Nathan Explosion is supposed to look like Henry Rollins?

The animation style was good. All the previews didn't kill the jokes and setups for the episode. Just about half of them. The voice acting seemed good as well.

Thoughts?
PostMon Aug 07, 2006 10:29 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
This show looks like it could go either way.

I just don't know yet... Confused
PostMon Aug 07, 2006 3:05 pm
Lamel2g

Post subject:
started off slow, but once it picked up I enjoyed the episode.
PostMon Aug 07, 2006 7:23 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I just noticed the running time is also super short. The first episode is between 9-10 minutes.

At the end of the episode they listed plots from future episoides. And a couple sound really funny. First the idea of a thrash metal lullabye. And the second being the "Parents of Deathklok" CD
PostTue Aug 08, 2006 9:10 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'll be watching this every week...

(But I think most around here expected that from me...)
PostTue Aug 08, 2006 10:50 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok episode 2

This is the most metal thing ever!!! It makes cartoons metal. It makes color metal. It makes voice actors METAL!

We open with a video for ThunderHorse. Which stars the entire band. And looks just like every other 80's thrash metal video.

Without to many spoilers, if thats even possible. We move underwater for a LSD guitar solo brought on by Liguid Oxygen.

I want to do spoilers but DUDE! If this is where the show is going!? ROCK ON!!

Well except for the beans thing. But it goes with Murderfaces "This place is a mess" tattoo.
PostSat Aug 12, 2006 11:00 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
We open with a video for ThunderHorse. Which stars the entire band. And looks just like every other 80's thrash metal video.

I though it showed the art director was paying attention during Frazetta class. Wink

The producer's characterization as a loving (?) poke at Phil Spector amused me as well.
PostTue Aug 15, 2006 12:44 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Guess all of the episodes can't be winners

If you want the music

www.myspace.com/dethklok
PostMon Aug 21, 2006 8:28 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yea, the birthday one wasn't up there with the others, but when focusing on a band's bassist, you sorta have to expect that, right?

(By the way, the uh, 'phallic' solo to start the episode? That might redefine "metal"...)
PostMon Aug 21, 2006 11:06 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I dont know if that was really metal. Maybe when they poured a thing of ice down his pants to cool him off after it. But I was almost expecting a different... um.. ending to that. I mean its Murderface and all.

And did they say he was a "Cobraphilliac"?
PostMon Aug 21, 2006 1:52 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
So lets discuss this trainwreck.

First what is with the length of the episodes. Last nights was less then 9 minutes. Is the plan for them to fit on You Tube?

Last nights animation had a very flash feel to it. Like you could watch the joints move.

Why are we still moving forward with the secret society? Really it ads nothing but Mark Hamills Joker voice to the show. They've done nothing else with it.

Is it a one joke kind of show? It seemed like the premise would work. And even the story lines have some good ideas. But I'm guessing it's that the writers don't know where to go with the shows. The first show showed some great promise. But nothing has come from it.

Does it feel like we've been focusing on Murderface? Is it because piss and shit jokes are just easy to fall back on?

And was Dethkomedy painful to watch for anyone else? It just didnt work. The idea was sound. And even Nathan's using a bodybag and brain for ventriquilism duty seemed ok. But from there it was all down here. And it especially died with the "Learn to hate the audience" stuff
PostWed Sep 06, 2006 7:58 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, that one was a clinker. I have to agree with you regarding the animation quality and general story direction of this particular episode, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the series as a whole, yet.

After all, dying is easy. Comedy is HARD.

Quote:
Last nights was less then 9 minutes. Is the plan for them to fit on You Tube?

You wanted it to run longer?
PostThu Sep 07, 2006 7:08 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
No last night shouldn't have gone more then 4 or 5 minutes. But in the case of the 15 minute shows. It should be longer.
PostThu Sep 07, 2006 8:00 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: