нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - E3: Too big for just gaming discussion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
E3: Too big for just gaming discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: E3: Too big for just gaming discussion
ZOMGZ!!!!eleventy-one

I hope I'm not the only person who's absolutely extatic about this year's E3. I've spent most of the night procuring my covetted Nintendo information, though that PS3 is looking fantastic too.
The revolution is effectively a portable system that plays nice with the DS. The PS3 is a boss system that can connect to an iPod and push 2 terraflops, that will itself play nice with the DS.
And has anyone seen the new Zelda trailor? Holy crap.

/Fanboy mode.
PostWed May 18, 2005 12:37 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I saw the new Zelda trailer when they showed it off at the Nintendo press conference. The new Zelda is getting more and more interesting with every trailer Smile . As for the Revolution, the most interesting thing is it's backward compatibility. Not only will it be able to play Game Cube games, but you will also be able to download older games from NES-N64. No word on how much you'll have to pay for them yet. Also I have heard Nintendo are in talks with 3rd party developers to about getting there backlogs as well.
PostWed May 18, 2005 7:48 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
MS and Sony are talking out their asses and blatantly lying about the power of their systems.

Again.
PostWed May 18, 2005 8:55 am
Alshoff

Post subject:
Microsoft seems to be really good at marketing their console this time around. They keep getting "news" articles on slashdot and crap.
PostWed May 18, 2005 12:05 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
As for anyone that's following the new Zelda game news, did anyone else read a sentence like this one, and simultaneously scream and get a shiver? Because this next sentence literally made me shiver and have an audible noise come out of my mouth uncontrollably:

Gamespot.com wrote:
As Link walked along a narrow canyon path, he suddenly bent to his knees and, incredibly enough, turned into a werewolf.

And the Revolution looks kinky. I was pondfering switching over to PlayStation, but with all the swankness that hte Revolution promises, and I'm sure there's more on the way, I'll be sticking with it, if for no other reason than to play Bubble Bobble on a next-gen system.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed May 18, 2005 4:04 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
As for anyone that's following the new Zelda game news, did anyone else read a sentence like this one, and simultaneously scream and get a shiver? Because this next sentence literally made me shiver and have an audible noise come out of my mouth uncontrollably:

Gamespot.com wrote:
As Link walked along a narrow canyon path, he suddenly bent to his knees and, incredibly enough, turned into a werewolf.

And the Revolution looks kinky. I was pondfering switching over to PlayStation, but with all the swankness that hte Revolution promises, and I'm sure there's more on the way, I'll be sticking with it, if for no other reason than to play Bubble Bobble on a next-gen system.

I had to change my pants after that Zelda Trailer.... I saw it while watching the Nintendo Conference. I think the Revolution mayl be the 1st next gen console I get.
PostWed May 18, 2005 5:02 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Good to see Nintendo going with backward compatibility.

Any word on backward compatibility for the PS3 and X360?
PostWed May 18, 2005 9:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beefy wrote:
Any word on backward compatibility for the PS3 and X360?

"Yes" for both (Sony claims PS2 and PS1), but no promise of 100% compatability for either system.
PostWed May 18, 2005 9:44 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
From what I hear you'll be able to play some X-Box titles on the X-Box 360.
PostThu May 19, 2005 8:39 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
I'm looking forward to the day that someone figures out how to hack the Xbox360 or PS3 to run Linux so I can run Mac on Linux on top of that (or a kickass media center program would be good enough).
PostThu May 19, 2005 10:42 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I'm excited for the Xbox360. The Revolution comes in second with its super backward compability (Seriously, NES, SNES, N64, GC, possibly GB, that's real backwards compability). PS3 doesn't get close because they are truly lying more about their system the other two.
PostThu May 19, 2005 3:45 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
The 360 looks like a kitchen appliance. Revolution... Meh. Nintendo has great portable games, but they've started getting eaten in the full size market. PS3 looks awesome.

Of course, PCs will always win in the end. But that's another story.
PostThu May 19, 2005 5:07 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
You know, Nintendo still vastly outsold the X-Box since their launch days, both in hardware and software. You just don't see Gamecubes all over the TV as much, which actually kind of makes me sad to think that Nintendo thinks it doesn't have to try for our consumership anymore.
Though the funny thing about the X-Box 360; the only thing I've heard them announce that I could even conceive of playing is Halo 3, which I probably won't.
PostThu May 19, 2005 7:28 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I refuse to buy an Xbox on princible. I still say the Revolution seems kinky. And I do love my Zelda and Smash Bros.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu May 19, 2005 8:33 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot by making the Halo series an X-Box series. The PC is more than capable of handling the games. I doubt it would be hard to port Halo 2 and the upcoming Halo 3 to the PC. Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 are both coming to the X-Box. GTA is coming to the PC (and the X-Box). Does Microsoft not care about making more money? Or do they think a PC version would make Halo seem too "geeky" and thus alienate the people you saw on CNN saying "I'm not a nerd but I'm still waiting in line for Halo 2 at midnight"?
PostThu May 19, 2005 8:35 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: