нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - After Giant Robot Week, the other shoe drops...
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
After Giant Robot Week, the other shoe drops...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: After Giant Robot Week, the other shoe drops...
I just checked the CN schedule for March.

Starting March 3rd, Toonami drops back to 5 pm -7 pm.
5:00 Transformers Armada
5:30 G-Gundam
6:00 Yu Yu Hakusho (starting over)
6:30 DBZ

.hack//SIGN is listed as starting over with episode 1, "Role Play" on Saturday, March 1st at Midnight, in the new Saturday night Toonami block.
Inu Yasha, having taken February off to make room for Reign, returns to the schedule starting with episode 3 on March 10th.

P.S. No mention of Trigun yet, but the schedule's only listed to March 20th.

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:17 am; edited 2 times in total
PostTue Feb 04, 2003 10:52 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
hmm...there's an interesting mix of good and bad coming up for the block:

once again, we lose the third hour on the weekday afternoon block, though really i'm not as disappointed...i mean, dragonball and dragonball z took up 2/3 of the block at one time, so it might be better to shorten the block until they can add a better variety of shows...

yu yu hakusho could go either way...while i'm disappointed to see adult swim drop it officially (assuming that it'll be off that block's schedule come march), i'm curious to see if they'll go back and re-edit it in such a short time...if they don't, then toonami will have quite an edgy show for it's intended age group, and breaking down censoring barriers is definitely a good thing...

this also raises the point of continuing the series...if yu yu hakusho does well on toonami, then it's safe to assume that more episodes would finally be aired...i wonder how they'll be edited?

i'm glad to see inuyasha coming back after only a month...hopefully that way my withdrawl won't be as serious as i originally feared...my best guess is that's gonna take over yu yu's previous spot and run through the episodes at least once before airing new ones...

as far as trigun goes, i'm expecting reign to get at least two runs, which would take it to the latter half of march, then perhaps vash'll make his television debut around then or early april...

speculation is fun...
PostTue Feb 04, 2003 12:04 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
yu yu hakusho could go either way...while i'm disappointed to see adult swim drop it officially (assuming that it'll be off that block's schedule come march), i'm curious to see if they'll go back and re-edit it in such a short time...if they don't, then toonami will have quite an edgy show for it's intended age group, and breaking down censoring barriers is definitely a good thing...

FUNimation (as they do with DBZ) released two versions of Yu-Yu to DVD: uncut version and edited version.
The episodes on AS are the uncut version with a few slight changes made.
My guess would be TOONAMI will see the fully edited version.
PostTue Feb 04, 2003 1:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
This looks like good news for me since I'm AS impaired(politically correct term). I'll finally get to watch Yu Yu Hakusho. I just hope that the shows during robot week can make in the regular line-ups. I just can't wait till they finish DBZ, maybe they'll take their endless re-runs and shove 'em. I mean no disrespect to DBZ, I mean it's what opened the gateway for Toonami Anime, but I think we all have had our share of frustration with the DBZ craze spread through the U.S. especially the endless re-runs of an oh-so-long anime series.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostTue Feb 04, 2003 3:37 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
But the only thing that made the dialogue in Yu Yu Hakusho bearable was the 'crap's, 'damn's, and 'bastard's peppered throught the show. And the middle finger was GREAT.

If this does good on Toonami, then we may get new episodes, but never the unedited ones. And that's bad. Worse then not getting them, in my opinion.

Ok, so when is Inu stopping? I missed 4 episodes so far, not all in a line either, and I want to see them. I don't want it to leave in non-typical CN fashion! But when is the last episode?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Feb 04, 2003 4:45 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Ok, so when is Inu stopping? I missed 4 episodes so far, not all in a line either, and I want to see them. I don't want it to leave in non-typical CN fashion! But when is the last episode?

i believe new episodes end after tonight, followed by repeats tomorrow and thursday...
PostTue Feb 04, 2003 4:56 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
You are correct sir
PostTue Feb 04, 2003 5:35 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
just an update concerning yu yu hakusho on toonami...it appears that cartoon network will be airing a "kid-friendly" tv-y7 version when it airs in march...

i'd been doing some thinking about this move as of late, and it seems that no matter what, the cartoon network's gonna screw the fans of this show...i've probably mentioned this before, but i've always thought of yu yu hakusho as "dragonball z for the older fans"...i loved watching through the series when it aired on adult swim action saturday nights last year, as it had an edge to it that hadn't been seen on tv at the time...i thought it fit that block well, as the three hours provided a solid variety of anime (barring the gundam overload at least)

now i think the move of adult swim to weeknights and the two hour action block is great, so don't get me wrong there, but in the process, it's led to constraints as far as the variety is concerned, since only four shows can be put on...if there was still a three-hour action block, i'd think it'd be downright idiotic to remove yu yu hakusho and move it to toonami...but with what appears to be more "adult aimed" programming coming to the action side of things, it would be natural to push off the more immature stuff in favor of it...

i guess my main fear is just that the network's given up on airing the show entirely...moving it to toonami just seems to be a way to feign a new show, which will only air twenty-something episodes, then fade away into nothingness...this would really be a shame, because i think it's a good fit for the cartoon network, though it just hovers between the toonami and adult swim blocks...

ah well, i just needed to get that outta my system and move on...any thoughts? (besides "you think too much" or "i wasted my time reading this?!")
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 7:58 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
just an update concerning yu yu hakusho on toonami...it appears that cartoon network will be airing a "kid-friendly" tv-y7 version when it airs in march...

i'd been doing some thinking about this move as of late, and it seems that no matter what, the cartoon network's gonna screw the fans of this show...i've probably mentioned this before, but i've always thought of yu yu hakusho as "dragonball z for the older fans"...i loved watching through the series when it aired on adult swim action saturday nights last year, as it had an edge to it that hadn't been seen on tv at the time...i thought it fit that block well, as the three hours provided a solid variety of anime (barring the gundam overload at least)

now i think the move of adult swim to weeknights and the two hour action block is great, so don't get me wrong there, but in the process, it's led to constraints as far as the variety is concerned, since only four shows can be put on...if there was still a three-hour action block, i'd think it'd be downright idiotic to remove yu yu hakusho and move it to toonami...but with what appears to be more "adult aimed" programming coming to the action side of things, it would be natural to push off the more immature stuff in favor of it...

i guess my main fear is just that the network's given up on airing the show entirely...moving it to toonami just seems to be a way to feign a new show, which will only air twenty-something episodes, then fade away into nothingness...this would really be a shame, because i think it's a good fit for the cartoon network, though it just hovers between the toonami and adult swim blocks...

ah well, i just needed to get that outta my system and move on...any thoughts? (besides "you think too much" or "i wasted my time reading this?!")

I really don['t mind it, the damns and bastards and stuff are nice, but not really neaded. And since it is the one show on the current AS that does hover between the two it would be the one to move making room for the new alexander the great aeon flux show thing that looks to kick so much frickin ass that yu yu just had to get outa town for a while.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 11:31 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I agree with JJ here. The only thing that made the dialogue fun was the various craps and damns. And besides, it's gonna suck having the blood edited out. I mean, the episode with the 3rd Sanct (sp?) Beast is going to be pathetic in comparison.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Feb 08, 2003 11:03 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: