нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - BIG O Season two Discussion- SPOILERS!!!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
BIG O Season two Discussion- SPOILERS!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually now that you say its a shame we didnt get a Big O movie out of this. With the right budget and animators you could do a really decent mecha noir anime type thing.

Also from season 2. The love story between Dorothy and Roger was creepy. She's supposed to be a 15 year old android. And then theres the scene with her in the passenger seat of the butlers motorcycle. And for one moment just one moment we get Big O the hentai. When the missile launcher pops up. Dorothy's legs go spread eagle and lots of missiles come flying out. The writers have issues.
PostTue Jun 28, 2005 6:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LLG

Post subject:
Oh good! I wasn't alone in thinking that was a bit hentai! Razz I mean, jeeze...
PostTue Jun 28, 2005 8:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Same here. I thought i was alone.
PostTue Jun 28, 2005 9:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
You two are alone.
...and perverted.
Anyway, I agree with pretty much everything LLG has said here.
Then again, we've discussed it at length recently.
Also, a movie would be badass.
Perhaps a detailed story of how Roger came across Big O, as opposed to the terse stage scene.
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 1:27 am
LLG

Post subject:
looks like the thread's dead, huh? Razz
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 1:38 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Don't expect a lightning pace. The topic's been covered at length before, and we don't have any Narutards to speed things along.
Hell, I think the length of your first post scared them all away.
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 1:57 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:

Like you have a choice in the matter... Wink
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 2:53 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
All of my thoughts on Big O are in that old thread. I haven't seen the show since the second season originally aired, so I really don't remember a lot of the minor details that make an analysis of such a show possible. Sorry.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 1:33 pm
LLG

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:

Like you have a choice in the matter... Wink

Yes he does! :p Isn't that right, Bono?

S'ok Counter. :p I'm just catching up on a lot of anime that most everyone else had seen. However, I refuse to watch the infamous "N" show. Yeah. It's getting as hyped up as "Inuyasha" was. Ugh.

What I wish would have happened in the end of Big O is this- Big Foul's real deuse is Angel, and the scars on her back were where the big had connected to her once. She ends up being one of three keys the unlocking everyone's memories. Roger is another key, and the last being Seabach. Rosewater (the younger) gets booted out of Big Foul, and of course screams at the injustice, going underground to try and ressurect the Megas. The contract the Elder Rosewater had made with Roger turns out to actually be this: To keep the memories of the past locked away and kept safe from those who would try to manipulate them- in other words, the younger Rosewater and the union.

Since Seabach is dead, they have to find another way to finally release the memories of the past. Beck gets recruited for this task, as his own memories seemed to be strong enough to break through and since he obviously knows things that would otherwise be very damaging. The three Bigs get together- and, at the same time, shoot their beams into a center point. The Bigs, who at this point have connected with all three, break into their locked memories, which changes the the colors of each beam- and as the concentraited energy gets bigger, rather than it being the typical purple ball as we've seen it becomes when two bigs shoot at each other at the same time, it becomes an enveloping ball of white light, and the series ends, leaving the veiwer to wonder if it worked as well as paving the way for season three, or a movie. Smile

Whaccha think?
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 3:57 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
That you've spent an inordinant amount of time thinking about this while at work.
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 4:14 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think someone needs Bono to visit them at work more often.

PostWed Jun 29, 2005 6:06 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah--why don't I get right on that 2 hour (at best) bus trip each way. That'd be dandy!
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 6:36 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd do it for you, Bono. In a heartbeat. That's all I have to say on the matter.

PostWed Jun 29, 2005 6:39 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I re-read all 25 pages of the main Big-O thread. And I noticed my frustration just growing and growing. Although i said that I could see how a season 3 could be done. Looking back on it I really dont.

They wont be redoing ep26. And I doubt we will see a new season unless the DVD sales improve. After CN paid for Season 2 to be made it was shown less then 10 times in repeats. And hasnt been shown in quite a while. Which means I dont think CN has much faith in the series anymore.

Plus with Megas cancelled. No signs of Big O season 3. The only mech series to look at on CN right now is the new Transformer series. And if this is a sequel to Energon. Well thats not to promising a sign is it? We need a new Gundam series I think. Or at least a rerun of (thonks head... crap forget its title) the Gundam that followed the one squad around. Mobile Suit Gundam?

Angel isnt the true pilot of Fau. No one is the true pilot of Fau (i still prefer calling it fowl over the way that weak VA did it). Fau is a combination of parts from three different Deuces. Though this part is a bit conflicting from the series. At one point its mentioned that the mechs we see at the end of ep 13 were actually just shells carrying parts for fau. And at another point we are told that the three suits are salvaged to make fau. Although fau is more Duo then any other Big. And we know that Duo isnt destroyed or partsed out. In fact its rebuilt again. And we dont know whos memories were used to create Fau either.

Since Fau is a combination Big you have to wonder what memory it was using when it went mad. Plus the "memories" Angels was after were supposedly stored in an underwated Big in season 1. Which after ep 26 makes absoultley no sense.

Reading back through the episode guide I cant see how we didnt know it was New York City. They didnt hide it at all. Electric City is Niagra Falls also pretty blantanly.

There are so many ways season 2 should have gone and it didnt follow any of them. It decided to be both a copy cat of season 1 and then ignore season 1 entirely.
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 6:41 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think it's actually time to bring back 08th MS Team, 0080, and 0083. I think all could use the exposure, considering how little each got (save 08th MS Team, which I think got 4 run throughs).
I also think 0080 would get a better reception than it did before on today's more thinking AS crowd that it did before. (Perhaps replacing SAC for a bit?)
Though considering how long it's been since any good Gundam shows (SD and G Gundam were not good), I think anything will do.
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 6:55 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: