нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - DBZ?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
DBZ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
primalbliss

Post subject:
Counterparadox, you took this a little too far. If you look at my statement when I first mentioned it said.

Quote:
(Note: that came out recently [past 5 years])

Might I remind you to read the posts before you start spouting.

All the quality ones you mentioned have been around for a while. Now if Disney is trying to change that image that’s fine. I am all for it cause they could do some top-notch stuff. But as of now they are based towards kids and kids alone

You are correct; I don't like Pokeman, or any of the others you mentioned.
Now to be so arrogant to say that they would be no animation without Walt Disney is saying something like there is no Yankees without A-rod. (I'm a Marlins fan anyway.) If he didn't create it someone else would have.

Anyway, Simpson, Family Guy...they are kids friendly yet they have more substance to them than Disney's stuff.

To be ignorant is not to know something, I will give anything a chance but if I don't like it that is my opinion alone, no matter where it is from. I am not closed minded or bias, but I am entitled to my own opinion. As for not knowing anything, well you said it yourself Counter, I am a smart newbie. Or did you forget that one too?
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 4:56 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
May i dance?

Yes, bliss, if disney didn't start anime, then WARNER BROS WOULD HAVE. think about it. We are the cause for just about all good things in japan, minus deep cultural influences. The reason Japan is so technologically advanced is that we GAVE them that ability. Anime was spawned from OUR animation!

I hate people that think Japan is some kinda wonderland, which it isn't. It's morally corupt in multiple ways, and most anime has enough fan service to make my dog sick. No, I have not seen any anime movies, or a lot of anime for that matter. Just bits and pieces of some of the greats. BUT if the show is in general like what i see, then 75% of anime is morally corupt and overall LACKING! Keep in mind that Evangelion, Ah! My Goddess!, and other renowned animation are that 25%. I am not touching DBZ for the sake of this arguement.

last GET OVER YOUSELF! Anime isn't all it's cracked up to be, and it should never be life. I am not saying you are obsessed with it, or even that it's your hobby. I'm just saying it isn't worth arguing about like politics and religion, but it should be argued along side discussion.

THANK YOU!
GOOD NIGHT!
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 7:41 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Help yourself, Andro. Laughing

primalbliss wrote:
But as of now they are based towards kids and kids alone

And they do a fine job of it, too. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

Quote:
If he didn't create it someone else would have.

This is true. There were animated shorts before Disney started, but animated cartoons would never have become as popular without him, or the contributions of the "Termite Terrace" gang, among others.

Quote:
Anyway, Simpson, Family Guy...they are kids friendly yet they have more substance to them than Disney's stuff.

In your humble opinion, of course. Wink

I have no problem with you stating your opinion, as long as it's not generalized bashing or proclaiming that one country's form of animation is inherently superior to another's. There a whole lot of crap from both sides of the pond. We CAN all get along if we keep one thing in mind:
Quote:
All of anime, and everything that goes with it, is about
cartoons. Nothing more, nothing less, and nothing to take
personally.
Cool

P.S.- I think Ninja Scroll's over-rated, too. Wink
*grabs another handful of popcorn*
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 7:41 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
same minute...that's creepy nobu o_O
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 7:44 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
[Ghetto fabulous voice] Oh no you di'nt![/Voice]

Don't tell me to read before posting. Ever. I'm a mod for a reason. I DO read. Don't insult me.

When I say that without Walt there would be no animation, I mean it. Perhaps someone would have done what he did, but it wouldn't have happened for another 10, 20, 30 years. Literally. You want to discount his accomplishments? Fine. But without him, that would set back the quality of animation so much that the best stuff we would see today is on par with the original Gundam cartoon. But I prefer to praise Walt for his influence on animation.

Disney (the company) right now is a whore. Yes. Eisner has been gutting the company. Fine. You don't have to like Lio and Stitch. In fact I didn't. I didn't like Atlantis either. But Disney is not all of American animation. And just because something doesn't have gallons upon gallons of blood spewing, or swears every minute, or faires frolicking nude and then having sex, just because something doesn't have that stuff doesn't mean it isn't good.

Sure Batman the Animated Series would have been more realistic with a little bit of blood, but even without it it was a damn good show. So was Superman. Batman Beyond. EXO Squad. Xmen. Spiderman. The list goes on.

My point is this. To declare American animation is inferior is not factually correct. You may not like it as much, you may not like the style. Fine. But it isn't inferior. It isn't crap. It isn't bad just because it's not anime. And to me it sounds that you are making this judgement based purely on graphic content, meaning blood, sex, and language. Quite frankly, there are a ton of G and PG movies that are awesome. Animated or live action.

Point is, anime is not the most brilliant thing your eyes have seen since the sun.

Oh, and I'm not picking on your, or attacking you. Don't think I am. You are smarter than the average new guy that we get. And your able to articulate your view. It's just that anime fanboys that think American animation is inferior are a pet peeve of mine.

Oh, and Andro, I've always agreed with you concerning american animation. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, I've agreed with about 95% of your opinions (regarding cartoons.)

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 7:47 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
SlimJim wrote:
same minute...that's creepy nobu o_O

You're younger and can type faster. Smile
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 7:51 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know you have. It's just so much fun to finally see this argument from a bystanders point of view.

Last edited by Andromaton on Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 7:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Very Happy

PostMon Apr 12, 2004 7:56 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
oh and Mr. Blissy (you don't mind me calling you that do you?) what's your opinion on films like El Cid and Nocturna? How about the newly announced Donkey Xote? I'd say Gisaku too but I won't.
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 7:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:
How about the newly announced Donkey Xote?

Do tell.
I've always liked that story...although I think John Lithgow's recent performance would be hard to beat.
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 8:04 pm
primalbliss

Post subject:
Tisk tisk, looks like I hit some nerves. This kind of discussion makes me wish I had internet at home.

Where to begin since I am getting it from all sides.

Japan is not a wonderland; the only wonderland in the world is in our own head. (Or in Orlando so says Disney) Sorry I had to throw that in, all in good sport. I am not 'into' myself. I just like debate and somehow this became one and here we are. Anime is not really a hobby on mine, though I do like it. We are the influence in Japan cause of a war back in the 40's where one person thought he was right and others didn't agree. (I am not condoning any of this; it's just a mere point.)

Counter, I never said it was inferior. I just said I don't like MOST of it. As for the reading the post poke, I was just keeping you on your toes. Yes I don't like Disney now, but I did watch it like it was virtual crack when I was a KID. And that’s all I am saying it's based toward children with some adult content. Disney got a great scheme, market the whole family to make more money. Give them the props damn it. As for the quality of animation if Walt wasn't around, who's to say someone before Walt didn't get the idea from the Egyptians Hieroglyphics. Who knows who created animation? In America it was Walt though. Oh and I don't feel attack or threatened, it's just nice to debate with people who have a higher intellect than most Anime fans.

Andromaton, you can call me Cindy if ya want but you'll have to buy me a drink first. Whatever makes you feel good. I am all about happiness, and you put a smile on my face. El CId was ok, but I don't know s*** about the others. Will watch them and let you know.

And the best thing I heard all day was!!!!!
Quote:
All of anime, and everything that goes with it, is about
cartoons. Nothing more, nothing less, and nothing to take
personally.

*breathe*

ok guys I just want you to know I graduate college in 2 weeks and I have a lot of work to do. I'll keep the heat coming if you want but don't expect this every day until the 24th. This is fun though; I took a half hour out of my time in the lab for this!
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 9:38 pm
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
I dun even worry about college yet, I'm a freshman in high school Smile
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 10:42 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ooo, touche. That was a helluva post there, Bliss. I think it cleared up a lot about what you've actually MEANT this whole time, too. I'd love to keep argueing (I, too, love a good discussion), but I think our viewpoints are only slightly different.

Mayhaps we could start some sort of debate over in Micellaneous Babble? In fact, I think I'll try. No one's tried to start a serious debate in quite some time.

PostMon Apr 12, 2004 10:43 pm
primalbliss

Post subject:
Well Counter, your choice now since I suppose the last was started by me.
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 10:52 pm
goku2049

Post subject:
SlimJim wrote:
*gets into"strangle" mode*

DBZ may have been helpful, but we get these guys with it...

Every single guy i have ever seen with a DBZ name is always a jack-retard

to this day

no exceptions

Me: 287
Guys with DBZ names: 0

find a smart one and I'll change my tune...

No wonder you sound like a cocky little bastard, ur a fucking freshman! There is not one fucking thing wrong with having a name from DBZ; but just so you would get off my damn back about it, I changed it.
"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call." - Vash The Stampede
PostSun Apr 18, 2004 5:22 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: