нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Megas XLR
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Megas XLR
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: Megas XLR
Megas XLR, the series based off the Low Brow pilot aired back in August 2002, premieres tonight on Toonami in an hour-long premiere.

Synopsis: In the year 3037, a giant robot called MEGAS (Mecha Earth Guard Attack System) is stolen from an alien race known as the Glorft to turn the tides of war to the advantage of the humans. Unfortunately, a Glorft attack sends the robot back in time to the year 1936 in a junkyard in New Jersey.

The robot rots in the heap for several decades...

Cut to present day 2004. A teenage bum named Coop finds MEGAS and soups it up with tools and car parts, making it more powerful than ever.

While test driving his new ride with his friend, Jamie, they meet up with Kiva (the human pilot of MEGAS from the future who was brought into this mess) and Coop accidentally hits the Tachyon Beam, which signaled the Glorft to the robot's location.

Discussion of the premiere (and the rest of the series) goes here.
PostSat May 01, 2004 4:13 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
nothing that interesting would ever happen in new jersey...
PostSat May 01, 2004 4:20 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think that's part of the joke.

This was my favorite pilot from last year. The animation and comedy are a pretty good fusion of anime and american styles.
PostSat May 01, 2004 5:41 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
nothing that interesting would ever happen in new jersey...

Hey, what about Jay and Silent Bob?
PostSat May 01, 2004 8:19 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROFL DDR REFERENCE ABOUND!
PostSat May 01, 2004 9:48 pm
Treize

Post subject:
I just finished watching some clips off of kazaa...they were...er..."not encourageing" to put it mildly.
PostSat May 01, 2004 11:13 pm
Zer0

Post subject:
*Mumbles* CN just schemeing with Funimation to make me buy Yu Yu dvd's....dirty sob's.........
PostSun May 02, 2004 12:10 am
Discloner

Post subject:
<.<
>.>

I loved it. I thought it was friggin' hilarious. It had action, great animation, and it managed to be funny too.

Don't see what there isn't to love about the series.

It's got a DDR reference for god's sake!

"Look at him giggle! TEE HEE" XD
PostSun May 02, 2004 12:20 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BRowe

Post subject: MEGAS XLR
I think I'm in love. This has got to be my favorite Toonami series since Gundam Wing. "Giant fighting robots...WOOT!!!!"
I want one!! Evil or Very Mad
PostSun May 02, 2004 1:08 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
And it only costed $2, too.

I want a deal like that. Crying or Very sad
PostSun May 02, 2004 1:15 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I liked the series. I also like how they extended the pilot into 25 min. one. The only problem was that they had too many frickin' commercials!
PostSun May 02, 2004 7:22 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, the only thing I could find wrong with it is the opening theme song, which leaves something to be desired. Other than that I agree with everything Discloner said
PostSun May 02, 2004 7:34 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Guess who went out and forgot to set up his VCR and was only lucky enough to catch the last half of Inu Yasha and Wolf's Rain and so he still hasn't seen Gundam SEED and now hasn't seen Megas either . . . .

Damnit. And I was looking forward to this.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun May 02, 2004 8:59 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i almost decided against watching this, but i found myself glued to the screen for both episodes...

the video game references (piloting, ddr) along with the mtv spoof had me in stitches, and both episodes seemed to have the perfect balance of comedy and action...i never did catch the pilot, but i'll be watching every week from now on...

as for the jersey thing, its interesting to see how a giant robot exists in north jersey, while a mad scientist along with living fries, milkshake, and wad of meat exist in the south...i wonder if cn had anything to do with the recent tony hawk game, where you start off as a punk in central jersey, because it seems that businesses want to make something happen here as of late...
PostSun May 02, 2004 10:06 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Jersey is the new "Nowheresville, USA"
PostSun May 02, 2004 10:37 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: