нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - What's Your Favorite Odd Food?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
What's Your Favorite Odd Food?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject: What's Your Favorite Odd Food?
As I'm sitting here munching down on some Dolamthakia I'm thinking god these are delicious but who the fricking hell thought "hey left wrap this up so it looks like a green turd,"? no seriously. While there is nothing undelicious about Dolamthakia, it just looks rather unappitizing.

This made me then think, hey if I took a chance on this I wonder what other people took a chance on and ended up liking. So, what did you people end up liking? Did you go "eeeeeew" when you heard about Balut? Maybe got a little squimish abotu sashimi? Maybe you got something even worse/better?
PostMon Mar 15, 2004 5:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Martin_the_Wise

Post subject:
Both.

I like sushi! I never really thought that I could but I really really do. See? College really does expand your horizons!
PostMon Mar 15, 2004 7:28 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've found that I've been more explorative in my eating habbits since I came to college. Partly because the food is bad enough here that even an old shoe tastes better. Secondly, you don't have people nagging you if you try somthing you previously didn't like/eat and start eating it. Then when you go home and eat it, those people smile and are like, he/she's growing up, isn't that cute. Rolling Eyes At least they don't bug me.
PostMon Mar 15, 2004 7:32 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Time for the daily kalma thread cleansing........Done.
PostMon Mar 15, 2004 11:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Still gotta go with menudo, the homemade style. Who ever thought cow guts could be so tasty?
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 12:18 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I still haven't worked the nerve up to try menudo. It took me a while to try chorizo-- god damn that stuff is good with eggs. Who would have thoguht that lymph nodes and salivitory glands would be so tastey.
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 12:59 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I swear it's the spices covering everything up.

Maybe I'll be adventurous one day and have some tripas.
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 1:27 am
KeroMia

Post subject:
Yay! White folk love the mexican stuff! Anyway,on my part a dish I'll never like is menudo. I know I 'm mexican and dislike a mexican soup dish. But I have bad childhood memories of eating that stuff. I honestly never could get past the tripe stuff or pig feet, it was too yucky, the only thing I would eat out of it was the hominy. In my opinion the reason for so many people eating that stuff is because its considered a remedy for hang overs.

Anyway something I didn't think I would end up enjoying would be mole con pollito y arroz.It's spicy, its sweet , and it goes great with an out of the horno tortilla de maíz to dip with.Another food I've tried out and liked would be capirotada.My mother makes it from scratch, its basically like a bread pudding with mexican cheeses and nuts. But mmm... that's some good stuff!
Razz
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 3:04 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: What's Your Favorite Odd Food?
Andromaton wrote:
As I'm sitting here munching down on some Dolamthakia

Dola...Dol...Dolli--what??
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 3:08 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
mia, thems both sound good.

and daikun... this is Dolamthakia

otherwise known as Dolmas.
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 3:14 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Mmmmm... Looks pretty tasty. Very Happy

As for weird foods, I once saw this thing on a menu in an Indian restaurant called "Roti," which was -- get this -- yogurt with tomato and cucumber. Shocked Uh, no thank you. Like a normal, civilized person, I prefer my sweet, tasty yogurt with this thing called "fruit," thank you very much. I avoided the roti for quite a long time.

However, after going to that restaurant for about a year, my aunt and her friends said they tried it and liked it, so I thought, "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. I mean, THEY tried it, after all..." So, I did.

Eh... It was alright. It wasn't terrible, but it also wasn't exactly good, either. It looked like some kind of dressing or sauce for dipping instead of actual yogurt, so I tried using it as a dip. It tastes better when you dip it in something or put it on a salad. Alone? Meh.
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 4:22 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andro I gotta agree with you there cause I love chorizo and egg burritos. Of course when I tell them that I like it most people go "What the hell is chorizo?" I don't care what it's made of, but Red Devil hot sauce sure makes it better ^_^.
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 9:36 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Mmmmm... Looks pretty tasty. Very Happy

As for weird foods, I once saw this thing on a menu in an Indian restaurant called "Roti," which was -- get this -- yogurt with tomato and cucumber. Shocked Uh, no thank you. Like a normal, civilized person, I prefer my sweet, tasty yogurt with this thing called "fruit," thank you very much. I avoided the roti for quite a long time.

However, after going to that restaurant for about a year, my aunt and her friends said they tried it and liked it, so I thought, "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. I mean, THEY tried it, after all..." So, I did.

Eh... It was alright. It wasn't terrible, but it also wasn't exactly good, either. It looked like some kind of dressing or sauce for dipping instead of actual yogurt, so I tried using it as a dip. It tastes better when you dip it in something or put it on a salad. Alone? Meh.

that sounds like tziziki sauce the greeks got, plus tomato. nothing wrong with it. I can garuntee it's a dip/dressing.

You want gross yogurt? I've have Yogurt Soda. Take a cup of plain yugurt, somehow mix in club soda without loosing any carbonation, then ad about three lbs of salt. That is what it tasted like.
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 1:06 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sushi is pretty much as wierd as I go, especially the eel kind. Nowadays there's alot less food that's considered "wierd" because now you can get all this wierd stuff in any grocery store.

But I dont think Pocky counts because it's just a cookie but in stick form.
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 3:37 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:

Uhm, Daikun? Roti is an Indian flatbread. Apparently, the restaurant served it with a tziziki-style dip.
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 4:10 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: