нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Anime to Avoid
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Anime to Avoid
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject: Anime to Avoid
I was just thinking about how god aweful some series can be. I know everyone has at least one animted series/movie they absolutly can not stand watching. So it got me thinking about what other people might dispise and why.

So, I put this to you: What cartoons/animes do you hate and why?

Please don't just list shows, the point of it all is to say what it is you hate, a wee paragraph is all I'm really asking for.
PostThu Sep 02, 2004 2:56 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dragonball GT

This series just blows the entire Dragonball series out of proportion. For example: Frieza could destroy a planet (and he does) if he put some effort into it. Since a Super Saiyan is stronger than Frieza then it stands to reason that a Super Saiyan could destroy a planet if he wanted to.

Now in GT we have Super Saiyan 4, which I'm assuming is many times more powerful than a regular Super Saiyan. So when Super Saiyan 4 Goku does a 10x Kamehameha Wave or some other attack that he "dumps all his energy into" and it does jack then it just doesn't add up.

The power levels have just become too astronomical and the writers wound up scaling them back. You'd think a Super Saiyan 4 would be powerful enough to destory a planet with a flick of his wrist. Add to this that the other Z fighters can't do jack and it's always up to Goku to save the day. Same old, same old.

And I am aware that I have a GT avatar despite the fact I don't like the series.

Tenchi in Tokyo

This series just tried too hard to be funny. The other Tenchi series had a good balance of action and comedy. This series had too much comedy and not enough action in my humble opinion.

Add to this the fact it didn't have major involvement with Jurai, the LightHawk Wings, or the three Goddesses.

This is the only Tenchi series I haven't and probably never will buy.
PostThu Sep 02, 2004 11:31 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Eiken.

The less said, the better. Blargh. Razz
PostFri Sep 03, 2004 6:06 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
say more
PostFri Sep 03, 2004 6:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
The link says it all, better than I can.
It's gut-wrenchingly awful, and not in a good way.
PostFri Sep 03, 2004 6:23 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
more, MORE! I REQUIRE MORE!!!! MLAHAHAHAAA!!11!!?11/111!!

*clears thoat* but seriously, more would be nice.
PostFri Sep 03, 2004 7:32 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well Spook, you must have plenty on your list. So why dont you try it.

Personally the only truly "bad" anime I can think of are a few of the older MANGA titles like Bounty Dog, Mad Bull 34, and Sword For Truth. Manga bought out a HUGE amount of these crappy 80s titles that no one else wanted for dirt cheap unfourtunatly very few made them any profit and are considered to be some of the worst crap to ever be liscensed.

Pretty much anything else I'd put under personal opinion or that I'm not part of the target audience for the show. I'm not going to go around bashing Tokyo Pig or Fighting Foodons because I didn't find it thought provoking and the characters were cliche` it's not tailored toward me so I have no right to judge it.
PostFri Sep 03, 2004 9:05 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
so? just because it wasn't tailor made just for you doesn't mean you can't express your opinions (as long as they aren't "ET WUS DUMM!5t" it's all good).

my problem is I stay away from anime until I'm fairly sure I'll like it. Though I supose I could write something up for Metropolis.
PostSat Sep 04, 2004 4:37 am
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
GaoGaiGar. It's like Power Rangers, except without the plot history. Also, it's decidedly skimpy on where new technology/techniques come from. Things just pop out of thin air, labelled as "progress". Yeah, some of the fights are pretty flashy, but in true Power Rangers style, EVERY fight has to include EVERY ultimate weapon/attack introduced up til the moment of the fight, and often an extra one inspired by the heat of battle.

Just ... blah.
PostSun Sep 05, 2004 11:26 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
You forgot to mention that they never bothered to explain why the garbage truck turned evil.
PostSun Sep 05, 2004 2:33 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Anything that has the word "Beyblade" in the title.

It's best to avoid this one. It's cliche, plus you know the creator was desperately trying to cache in on the whole "monster/Human partner" thing if he had to use inanimate tops for fresh material.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostSun Sep 05, 2004 10:15 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Does anyone else feel Yu-gi-oh is a big waste of time? At least the dub? They cut out most of the episodes, used annoying voice actors and for the most part your arse goes numb watching battles that go on for ten episodes, it's like the Freiza DBZ saga EVERY episode, eg:

Bad guy: I play [insert super rare card no one will ever, ever beat]

Yugi's friends: nooooo! He'll never win

Yugi: fortunately I was expecting you to use that unbeeatable card and have created a new super move that will beat any unbeatable card thus, making the battles ever more ridiculous!

Bad guy: *spends five minutes screaming while overly long battle animation is completing*

Yugi: Now I play [insert ridiculous card] and it is time to end this!

END OF EPISODE

And everyone breathes a sigh of relief it's finally over until they see the next episode Yugi is being beaten down again and the same situation repeats for 7 episodes.

Honestly, you'd buy a DVD and all the episodes would be he same!
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostMon Sep 06, 2004 5:59 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i've been fortunate to find some sliver of saving grace in most cartoons i've seen...that said, Genocyber was perhaps one of the worst pieces of animation i've ever laid eyes on: terrible dialogue, non-developed characters, an inane episode structure that shattered any illusion of continuity, and a lackluster plot all combined into this, this thing...

check this out:
Excerpts from this review over at AnimeOnDVD.com, wrote:
Which brings me to how the show itself is.

Can anyone give me back that 156 minutes?

Please?

[...]

Genocyber focuses around a wild child named Elaine, who is twin sister to Diane. Elaine has tapped into the ability to turn into the Genocyber, some mysterious powerful being from another dimension or some such. The story starts off in the early 21st century with the creation of this creature and its wild rampage through the world. It ends with the complete and utter destruction of Hong Kong just for kicks.

From there it leaps forward many years to another part of the world for episodes 2 and 3. Histories changing with the United Nation Troops taking over the miltaries of the world, leaving only corporation backed cadres. There's some dispute going on in the middle east, which leads to the testing of a power suit that's built around the same abilities as the Genocyber, which conveniently is in the area and runs amuck again.

The third act (the final two episodes) then brings us up to the year 2400. Why? Why not! The story starts revolving around a cult that treats the Genocyber as a tool of God for razing the world and bringing about a new order. There's other things going on throughout it as well, but it's all pretty inconsequential.

[...]

Normally I'd do a more in-depth review of the content, but after losing almost 3 hours of my life actually watching this show, I don't want to spend any more on it than I have to.

a complete waste of my time, of which i'd rather not acknoledge any further...
PostMon Sep 06, 2004 10:56 am
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
dillpops wrote:
Does anyone else feel Yu-gi-oh is a big waste of time? At least the dub? They cut out most of the episodes, used annoying voice actors and for the most part your arse goes numb watching battles that go on for ten episodes, it's like the Freiza DBZ saga EVERY episode, eg:

Bad guy: I play [insert super rare card no one will ever, ever beat]

Yugi's friends: nooooo! He'll never win

Yugi: fortunately I was expecting you to use that unbeeatable card and have created a new super move that will beat any unbeatable card thus, making the battles ever more ridiculous!

Bad guy: *spends five minutes screaming while overly long battle animation is completing*

Yugi: Now I play [insert ridiculous card] and it is time to end this!

END OF EPISODE

And everyone breathes a sigh of relief it's finally over until they see the next episode Yugi is being beaten down again and the same situation repeats for 7 episodes.

Honestly, you'd buy a DVD and all the episodes would be he same!

True, but that argument does lose some effect when you realize that it is an ACTUAL card game...most or all of the cards in the show are, to my knowledge, in the real game, so it is reasonable that there is a sort of deus ex machina for every situation...that's not too convenient, it's just a balanced game. If the "unbeatable" cards the bad guys played WERE truly unbeatable, the game would just suck. Essentially, it's not the show's fault, the villains and Yugi's friends are just stupid.

Also, don't you DARE insult Eiken...I know a great many people (who for legal reasons I will not refer to here) who would form a lynch mob behind you for denying the power of Eiken.
PostSun Sep 12, 2004 7:07 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:

True, but that argument does lose some effect when you realize that it is an ACTUAL card game...most or all of the cards in the show are, to my knowledge, in the real game, so it is reasonable that there is a sort of deus ex machina for every situation...that's not too convenient, it's just a balanced game. If the "unbeatable" cards the bad guys played WERE truly unbeatable, the game would just suck. Essentially, it's not the show's fault, the villains and Yugi's friends are just stupid.

Actully, After talking with the draded pale kids that play Yu-Gi-Oh at my school, they say most of the cards on the show are around 1/100000( I dont if this figure is correct, thats what they said) to ever get in a pack of cards and cost upwards of $90.

Another thing I would like to point out is their horrible rule system in the game, It requires 2 rule books, One to explain the basic working, and the other to explain card interations(this one is around 1000 pages long) If the game was designed properly, it would be obvious on how the cards interacted with each other and would cause no rule confusion have to resort to a rulebook just to look up a basic card interaction.

On a side note: I am a pale kid that plays Magic: The Gathering... Rolling Eyes
PostSun Sep 12, 2004 8:03 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: