нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Weeknight Adult Swim cometh...
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Weeknight Adult Swim cometh...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbzgundam

Post subject:
Counterparadox is right, SNL is about the only thing close to being worth watching on Saturdays. Yes this does show some sorta connection with Cartoon Network, and the VCR Manufacturers as Truec said before. They want us to tape everything instead of watch it... But I don't see the sense behind this move. Stupid Kelner, or is it someone else!
PostThu Nov 07, 2002 5:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GoufCustom

Post subject:
It's those pesky little kids...
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 1:22 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kids... They ruined TF Armada, and now this!
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 2:38 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Suposedly WS always wanted AS to be an all weednight thing. Just didn't have enough good programming to do it. I'm sure it'll probably be alot like Toonami and get sweeping programming changes fairly often. Hopefully unlike Toonami they will be good changes. I douby Sunday night will stay comedy only for very long after AS takes over weeknights.
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 2:42 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
Kids... They ruined TF Armada, and now this!

Heh, Armada didn't need the kids help to ruin it. Hopefully the next transformers series will be american made. No way in hell it could get worse. Hell, they could make a show on the new "gobots" toy line and it would be better.
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 2:44 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
This is one of the stupidest moves CN has made in a while. Adult Swim's main audience are males ages 14-21, but most people that age have lives of some sort and can't afford to stay up till past midnight on a weekday because of work or school. That is going to severely cut thier ratings...
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 2:56 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
This is one of the stupidest moves CN has made in a while. Adult Swim's main audience are males ages 14-21, but most people that age have lives of some sort and can't afford to stay up till past midnight on a weekday because of work or school. That is going to severely cut thier ratings...

That's where you are wrong. Sort of. They've target audience is 18+, those people are most usually out doing other things friday and saturday nights, where as durign the week most college going adults like their sleep in the mornings so are willing to stay up later because, well, they can. Weeknights are meant for mild drinking, studying, homework, and slightly less mild drinking. Weekends are meant for doing crap outside of your house/dorm/apt/basement. I never get to see AS/midnight run anyway, on account I don't get home until about 2am most weeknights and 3-4 am on weekends. But that's not just me.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 3:12 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
[Post] Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:53 pm Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Hmm, Gouf still has a disturbing avatar, and JJc finally got one . . . add that to this news about ASA and my mind is really screwed up . . .

cp, it's been a while man...

the truth about this avatar is that i had it prepped to debut on 10/11, which woulda been my first full year with tda (kind of a joke with it taking a full year to get an avatar or something, i'm odd like that)...well, we all know what happened instead, and now the gray background looks extremely outta place...the only light gray border was originally on the top, so i could keep the "underline avatar" i used prior to it, but now i gotta rethink everything...

...it's now just a placekeeper so i don't have to stare at that nasty "x" all the time...figures i finally made something i liked too =)

In my opinion, I think your avatar is pretty rockin, and all samurai like. I have an avatar now, it just doesn't show up 0_o I wonder how long till one of us gets into a major fight with Beat again . . .

ANYways, this move to weeknights is good for one thing: More AS per week. If it runs 2 hours, 4 nights a week, that's more time than 3 hours, 2 nights a week. So we'll see more stuff in a shorter time. Just pray your VCR doesn't deside that it wants to take up smoking . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 3:47 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
well it's now suposedly going to run 3 hours mon-thurs, so thats a hell of alot more AS for all you whiners out there. lets see, the old 7 hours a week verses the new 15 hours, oh, yeah, the older AS with half the air time is way better...

PostFri Nov 08, 2002 4:14 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
More anime, but at a less accessible time. What's the point of it being there if you can't see it? It's like a little kid with a cookie jar on top of the fridge. They may be HIS cookies, but there's no way he can get them.

PostFri Nov 08, 2002 4:47 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
More anime, but at a less accessible time. What's the point of it being there if you can't see it? It's like a little kid with a cookie jar on top of the fridge. They may be HIS cookies, but there's no way he can get them.

accept we're big enough and smart enough to go get a ladder or lazy enough to just give up and buy ourselves different cookies that we can reach.

PostFri Nov 08, 2002 5:27 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yet another reason I've missed this place: not only do people get my very odd metaphors, but they can also turn them around on me. I feel all warm and goushy . . .

PostFri Nov 08, 2002 5:40 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
If the Anime Network gets off the ground in the future, and assuming that they aren't just showing ADV shows, the anime on AS will most likely change times in order to compete with the AN shows.

Real question is will showing Inu Yasha four nights a week kill it by finishing the run too quickly.
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 7:37 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
If the Anime Network gets off the ground in the future, and assuming that they aren't just showing ADV shows, the anime on AS will most likely change times in order to compete with the AN shows.

Real question is will showing Inu Yasha four nights a week kill it by finishing the run too quickly.

I don't think they're too worried about runs ending, Bebop has gone through how many runs? On top of that how many other ASA shows could they used to replace it when the time comes?

PostFri Nov 08, 2002 8:04 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Do we really want endless runs of 13-26 episode series that were shown weekly when they came out in Japan?
It would seem likely that most regualr watchers would be sick of CB by now- it's a well made show, not my favorite by a long stretch, but come on, it's been on forever- there's a lot of stuff they could replace it with.
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 8:14 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: