нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Toonami is dead.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Toonami is dead.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
No the story is great. I can't comment on the ending cause I haven't seen it. But As I said I hear the ending isn't great. But I have all heard about a 2nd season so it could fix that. But Gonzo a decent company after all they had Vandread(^_^)
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 2:57 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah. But every company has at least one good show.
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 3:52 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
But As I said I hear the ending isn't great. But I have all heard about a 2nd season so it could fix that. But Gonzo a decent company after all they had Vandread(^_^)

I never said they weren't a good company, it's just their weak point. Storytelling also involves knowing how to wrap things up in a satisfactory manner. Hellsing suffers from this also.
I haven't seen any of Vandread or GateKeepers to make any comments.
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 4:38 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
endy wrote:
counterparadox wrote:
FAK, you are right, but you also aren't thinking like a company exec, you're thinking like a fan.

After seeing those 2 eps, I have a huge urge to see the rest, because DAMN those were cool. That fight was amazing, and when a fight that good is in the second episode, you know that the fights are just going to get better and better. That does satisfy the DBZ fans. Hopefully enough (from the ADV point of view) for people to buy the series. I knew from all the talk that EVA is cool, and having heard nothing about Nadesico, I was more than pleasntly surprised. It should be noted, however, that probably the two main reasons I like anime are that I like good animation and I like action. It's why I like DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho. Although I can also appreciate a good plot.

As for what you say about the psychological intrigue and such, anyone who takes the time to look at both the relationship between Shinji and his Father, and how the 2nd episode was laid out (with showing the fight LAST and showing the after affects FIRST) would be able to tell that there is more behind it than just big-self-healing robots bashing the crap out of each other. And they would HAVE to explain where the Angels were from, how they came about, how they could heal, etc., etc.

GRW did just what ADV wanted it to do: made me want to buy the NGE boxset. For more reason than just the "ME SMASH" action.

And let me just say agian that the fight in the 2nd ep was SO COOL. Beautifully animated, and showing the inherent savageness of the EVA 01. By the way, what was the cord trailing from the 01 for?

Actually, EVA really doesn't have THAT much fight scenes in it. It's not mindless fighting like DBZ or anything.. I mean, it has good actuion in some parts, but that's not the point. Eva focuses more on the human dillema of the characters rather than fighting. The only REAL action scenes, are in End of Evangelion, Fight against Sacheil (you saw that one.. a few parts were cut out actually), and the fight against the 14th angel Zeruel. The rest of the action is quite breif. like this.. run up to the angel, stab it, boom its dead. but before that they must have a way to attack the angel. It's cool how they fight the angels but its not just a plain action scene.

btw, dbz's animation isn't all that great O_o..

*Scratches head* First, I didn't compare the animation of DBZ to that of EVA. Second, the animation in DBZ is pretty and fun to look at. Thus, it is defined as 'good'. Third, I specifically said that I like DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho because of the annerexic plotline, but I also like things WITH a good plot. Fourth, and this is most important of all, you missed the main point. The 2 shows we saw are designed to get people to buy the show. People like flashy things blowing up on their TV. This whole week is a way to boost ratings (It's called hte February sweeps, I think, where EVERY CHANNEL tries to boost ratings. Notice how there are all sorts of special events and episodes on TV? Same thing with GRW. Ratings boost.) How does ADV benefit from CN's ratings boost? By showing the right eps, they sel boxsets. They don't care about the edits as long as they make money. And it's FCC regulation that CN can't show the unedited version.

"Then why not show it on AS?"

Simple. AS did not need a ratings boost right now. Toonami needed an extra kick at the end of the month, seeing as how it's been lacking, and AS has recently gotten Reign and Lupin III, as well as Futurama.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 5:03 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
This whole GRW thing is expsoing millions to shows they may have never seen before (I've never even heard of Nadesico or Dai-Guard before I heard they were headed for GRW). This alone is benifiting us all. Like I've said before, I've never seen either Nadesico or EVA before, and I LIKED them because of it. The edits only hurt those who have already seen the show.

Reviewing all these comments, I have to commend CP for his attitude here and in the other GRW thread. I believe he's looking at it in the right light.
Now go out and buy Nadesico. Or Captain Tylor. Wink
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 7:09 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
BebopDeathGod wrote:
Almost Everything that you would want to know about Minovsky Physics

Basically, it's a big, charged particle that tends to occupy a quantum state only slightly different from its neighboring brothers? Is that right?

Also, how does the Minovski drive work? Does an I-field send particles back to their source if they are blocked in one direction? Their explanation for the ground-effect I-field is similar to the view that rockets give you more power boosting away from Earth than towards it. It makes no sense!
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 9:50 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
MONGO UNDERSTAND HOW MINUFFSKII DRIVE BE WORKING! LITTLE PARTYCALL GET ALL CHARGED UP THEN SHOOT OUT REAR END LIKE BIG FART! THIS MAKE BIG SHIP MOVE!
Good work, Mongo! You did a good job explaining. Now, here's your candy.
MONGO LIKE LOLLY!
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 12:12 am
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
OK..doing some math, and if CN had keep the block comershal FREE like they said, they could have shown at lest three driffent shows in the hour block.

Thats what it is all about!
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 9:36 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
And lost money, rather than gain it, like they are doing. CN does not exist to make us happy, it exists to feed off of what we want in order for it to make money. It is a business. Timewise, it was possible. Businesswise, it would defeat the entire purpose of having a special event on TV.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
And lost money, rather than gain it, like they are doing. CN does not exist to make us happy, it exists to feed off of what we want in order for it to make money. It is a business. Timewise, it was possible. Businesswise, it would defeat the entire purpose of having a special event on TV.

That's not entirely true. CN does exsist to make us happy, but that's only part of it its objective, the biggest part is making money.

And bumboy, they never promised commercial free. They just made it sound like they did. You go back and listen they never actually say there will be no commercials.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 3:51 pm
chibi-chan

Post subject:
Did anyone else see Yellow (Lancer in the Robotech dub) crossdressing? God, I laughed hard. He just ripped off his dress, and the audience was mortified. Kinda like the soccer moms of America, you think?

~~ chibi
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 4:48 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: