нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Teen Titans question
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Teen Titans question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
from the title?...a Titan...um..would that make it Superman? I have no idea -_-
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostSun Dec 14, 2003 7:01 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well for me my only 2 guesses for that old friend would be Nightwing or Supergirl, of course I do not know much of the DC universes.....or of any comic book series
PostSun Dec 14, 2003 10:15 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
OK, I've started writing the enxt bit, here's a preview sort of thing (maybe a little long for a preview...

Well, thanks to all my helpers, I’m really sorry if you find errors (i.e. the Arkham Asylum location) and stuff! As I said before, I’m pretty new to this stuff but I’ve been watching repeats of BB and Batman and Teen Titans and stuff so maybe it’ll get better!

As I said before, this fic contains quite mature themes so…yeah.

Disclaimer: I don’t own any DC characters/locations/etc.

Thanks!

Pain, at first very striking but then fading to a dull pounding that was more difficult to ignore.

Starfire began to take a mental check of what she could feel; trying make sure she hadn’t lost any limbs or had become paralysed. It was all there, she was half glad but at the same time resenting the fact she could feel them because that’s where the pain was coming from.

What had happened?

Maybe opening her eyes would help her to think straight; the pounding in her ears was distracting.

She decided that course of action was best and set her efforts on forcing her eyelids open.

The first thing that met her was black. Pitch black. For some reason it hurt her eyes and she shut them again before opening them more slowly.

“Am I dead?” she asked quietly

No, her head told her, you just spoke and if you’re in pain then you’re alive. Starfire felt relieved and disappointed at the same time.

“You’re not dead, but a minute later and you would have been”

This wasn’t the same voice she had heard commanding her to stop, it was lighter but still with authority, it sounded younger.

Straining her eyes to where the voice came from she could see in the gloom a figure sitting on a chair a little way away, half hidden by shadows cast from a lit doorway in the distance, her eyes could not guess the distance this soon after her wakeup.

“Who are you?” she whispered, she felt her heart race up, had the thugs decided to take her home?

The man said nothing for a moment before standing up and stepping out towards her. He was quick tall with a slight build, yet muscular; she could work out a blue arrow-type shape across black. The blue hurt her eyes and she looked up into the gloom above her once more.

He walked over to her, and from the sound of his steps she decided that she was in a very high room, it was cold too even though she could feel a blanket on her skin.

Her skin. Using her fingertips, she gingerly felt her torso and found that she was wrapped in a sheet of some sorts, cotton perhaps. Thankfully however she found she was wearing a shirt as well, not naked.

Where was her uniform? Under the trench coat she’d been wearing her team uniform the purple…her metal wristbands were gone too.

Someone had changed her.

When?

“Do you know what happened?” the mans face popped into view above her and she got a good look at him

A mask, he wore a mask, long black hair tied back behind his neck. His face, angular but full of sympathy. A small lamp nearby was switched on and cast shadows over his features.

She didn’t like being in such close quarters though.

As soon as her brain registered the question he asked it all came flooding back to her. Everything that had happened. Starfire didn’t want to think about it and yet it just came back even stronger when she pushed it away.

And this man wasn’t making handling it easier for her.

Feeling at least a bit of strength in her legs Starfire swung them round and off the other side opposite to him of what she was lying on; a cot. A tube attached to her hand strained as she tried to pull away from it.

“Hey!”

Hands gripped her shoulders as she tried to sit up and pushed her down.

Memories of her last few moments before blacking out flashed up and Starfire yelled, she swung round and hit out at the man, he caught her fist and pushed it down. Grabbing her shoulders again and pushing her down on the bed.

She tried to struggle again but felt something tug.

Pain.

“Now look what you’ve done” he cried, exasperated “You’ve gone and ripped them”

Starfire stopped struggling and listened as his hands let go. She didn’t want them anywhere near her so that was fine by her. His footsteps went away and came back again.

He came closer and said “Look….I’m not about to…to…touch you like you’re thinking I am, alright? I have to do this…you’ve ripped your stitches, wait any longer you’ll begin to bleed all over the table again”

Starfire thought for a moment and then said “What stiches?”

“You were shot.” came the short reply “Please don’t move now or I’ll have to stop you moving at all”

Hands touched her stomach.

No. Starfire’s fingers leapt to the offending limbs and grabbed them, “Don’t”

He didn’t struggle against her hands. When he didn’t move she let him go cautiously. Sighing he leant under her cot and pulled out a pillow.

“Lean up a bit” he said quietly

She pulled her weight up from her neck upwards and let him slide the pillow beneath her head, feeling matted tangles of red hair brush her cheeks. She could see what he was doing now and more of what was going on in the small light of the lamp.

His black suit almost melded into the darkness behind him, only the cyan blue sticking out angrily, he looked around 25, not old and didn’t seem mature enough to generate the commanding tone she had heard. She looked at herself, wrapped in a cotton sheet and wearing a white gown beneath it. The seemingly thin wrappings were surprisingly warm in the cold room.

Where was she anyway?

“Who are you?” she croaked, her mouth was dry, looking at the man playing around with instruments and white bandages on a tray he’d pulled out from under the cot with the pillow

He picked up a tool she didn’t recognise and said “Nightwing”

Starfire blinked and said “Nightwing?”

“Yeah. Hey, I need to see your stomach; since you have underwear on can I lift the shirt up? We couldn’t ask earlier…” he looked apologetic and seemed to realise that it was a bad question to have asked

Starfire felt ill as he asked the question and said ‘earlier’. She blinked back a few tears that seemed to threaten and said, “If you need to”

He nodded and Starfire looked away, gritting her teeth as she felt cool air on her skin cause Goosebumps. A bandage that she suddenly felt to be there was unwound and removed, and small stinging pricks began to be felt where she knew she had seen the bullet hole in the coat.

She didn’t want to see and instead asked, “Where am I?”

He didn’t answer the question but said, “You don’t need to worry about that”

Starfire bit her lip and said, “What are my injuries?” she was afraid to find out what her body had been through and decided that maybe it would take her mind of the strange sensation of being sewn up

“A few broken ribs, cuts, bruises, gun shot wound, concussion” Nightwing reeled them off absentmindedly, “You went into shock when you were found too”

“When was that?” Starfire asked, she wasn’t sure how long she had been unconscious

“Yesterday, it’s 9pm, you’ve been out for around16 hours” he cut something and said “All done”

Starfire marvelled at the fact she was awake so soon and said, “Where am I?”

Nightwing said quietly, “I told you not to worry about that so don’t” he put the instruments on the tray with small metal clicks before putting a new bandage on to her and said “You won’t be up for a week or so, at the most, but since you’re not human I don’t know what you heal like” he pulled down her shirt and wrapped her up in the blanket again

Starfire blinked and tried to sit up, he pushed her down, “How do you know this?”

Nightwing said nothing for a moment before turning with a mutter of “I know a lot more about you than you think” he began to walk back to where he had sat before, settling back into the shadows so she couldn’t see him he advised “Get some sleep, the more you sleep, the less pain you’ll have to endure” he added under his breath “And the less you’ll have to remember”

Please comment and help me out with this ^_^ the help I got on the last chapter really helped improve that little bit...

I think if all this happened you'd be a bit more distressed than she is...?
PostSun Dec 14, 2003 12:29 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
with a vengence is what made me think batman/batcrew seeing as superman and co really don't do vengence (except when dealing with darksied)
PostSun Dec 14, 2003 2:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:
with a vengence is what made me think batman/batcrew seeing as superman and co really don't do vengence (except when dealing with darksied)

Hmm, yeah, I can't really imagine Superman being the avenging angel ^^;;;
PostSun Dec 14, 2003 2:18 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Wait! Wait, ok now I cant quite remember, which Robin did we decide was the one in Teen Titans? You see, I was thinking that the TT one was the original, thus when he grew up and became Nightwing, Star is about the same age, not half his age, then they have a kid.

I guess it's my fault for telling you that they had a kid because it totally messed up the story. You are trying to fit it into continuity right?

And dillpops, when I explained those things in my last post about the close to rape, I meant that it was good. I didn't want you to change it but if you dont want it to be THAT mature, it's your story.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostSun Dec 14, 2003 7:58 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:

IF I'm right ( Rolling Eyes ), and IF this is the character I'm thinking of, it's someone who hasn't been seen animated before now.
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 1:45 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know! It's Krypto the super dog! or maybe the monkey.
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 2:01 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ah! But we've already seen Krypto, Beppo and Streaky the cat... Wink
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 2:05 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kalma wrote:
Wait! Wait, ok now I cant quite remember, which Robin did we decide was the one in Teen Titans? You see, I was thinking that the TT one was the original, thus when he grew up and became Nightwing, Star is about the same age, not half his age, then they have a kid.

I guess it's my fault for telling you that they had a kid because it totally messed up the story. You are trying to fit it into continuity right?

And dillpops, when I explained those things in my last post about the close to rape, I meant that it was good. I didn't want you to change it but if you dont want it to be THAT mature, it's your story.

*dies*

OK, this is goood info, I need this *grins manically* I can write it better now!

I was thinking it was Tim in the asylum this Nightwing is around because Tim didn't become Nightwing and thus he and Starfire are = good pair.

Hmm, I thought Starfire in the series is around 15/16, yeah? So...if Tim's the same age then Nightwing would be around 5-6 years older than him. So five years after the series Nightwing would be around 25 and Star would be around 20/21 so...that's fine for them to have a kid! I don't think the age gap is a big thing...opinions?

As for the maturity thing...I don't know what I was trying to do with that...

I was trying to fit it in ^^;;;; I wasn't going to have Nightwing at all but he popped in! I think this might work like this though...let me just try it this way before I change it:

NEXT PART

"Get some sleep," he advised, "The more you sleep, the less pain you'll have to endure" he added under his breath "And the less you'll have to remember"

She took his advice and tried to sleep.

Starfire tried, she really tried, but she couldn't sleep. The events of the night before would replay if she shut her eyes and then they would tie in with her memories of five years ago.

Five years ago, she didn't even want to think about that. She hated those memories even more than what she remembered from the night before.

She couldn't even turn over due to her stitches.

How was she supposed to sleep?

'You're a monster'

Starfire sniffed. They had had their payback all right, she felt as if she would never be able to go near a man again. Even Nightwing, who had been trying to help her, sent waves of fear through her body when he had come near.

She felt...dirty. It was her fault they'd come after her, she'd only got what she deserved, and from what she'd done over the years it was more than deserved.

A beating she could handle...the...touching, she couldn't.

And she'd killed another person...it all added up.

Starfire wasn't going to sleep. A sob shook her chest. She suppressed it with effort but it ended up hurting her chest even more when she did that. The broken ribs obviously. She cried as quietly as she could, the water dripping down her neck and cooling fast and chilling her.

The dark was suffocating; Nightwing had turned out the light a while ago. She didn't even know if he was still in the room now; and this fact was even more frightening.

Starfire blinked and breathed deeply, trying to stop crying, but found she couldn't. And what was worse, the more she got worked up, the more she knew she was going to injure herself by doing something.

"What's up?"

Starfire nearly leapt into the air as Nightwing's voice rang out like a bell loud and clear in the darkness. So he hadn't left the room, he'd just been sitting in the chair, quiet as a mouse. He'd heard her crying.

Starfire sniffed and tried to say something but all that came out was a sob.

She heard him move and she froze; what was he going to do? She couldn't fight him in this condition.

And then she heard the scrape of a chair being pulled towards her cot and settled next to her. Material ruffled and she felt cool fingers rest lightly on her forehead.

She didn't move.

"I'm not going to hurt you, haven't you realised that I'm not going to do anything by now?" Nightwing grumbled as he wiped the matted hair from her forehead in the dark "If I ever find those bastards who did this, I'll make them pay. This is the kind of thing we're trying to prevent in Gotham"

Starfire said nothing.

"Look" Nightwing said after a time "Try and get some sleep, at least a little, and when he gets back you can talk to him" he put a glass of something to her lips "Drink"

Starfire took a few sips and found when the glass was taken away she felt as if lead weights had been put on her eyelids. She felt dozy. What was in the liquid, it smelled like...poppies?

She didn't even get the chance to ask who 'he' was...but then, the name Nightwing rang clearly in her mind like a bell when she thought about it. She did know the name, but now she couldn't think straight about it, best to leave it until she felt up to the task.

But now Starfire was so sleepy she couldn't think about it anymore, and even with her jumpiness under Nightwing's hand on her head, she couldn't do a thing about it until she awoke, and with the way she felt now, it seemed like it would be 100 years until she did wake.

Starfire began to fall in to sleep, albeit a fitful one...

Voices. Hushed, but arguing.

Dozing, half in and out of sleep, Starfire could pick up the conversation around her but could make no response.

"What was I supposed to do? Leave her?"

She knew that voice...but, where from?

"I have no objection to the fact that you helped her, but the point is you didn't take her to a hospital or call the police, you brought her here!"

That was Nightwing, she was sure of it. And they were talking about her. Now she really didn't want to wake up to such an awkward situation.

"The girl was half-dead anyway. The ambulance would have taken twice as long to get there than it took me to bring her here, what would you have done?"

"Its not what I would have done it's what you should have done" Nightwing hissed, "You were the one who didn't want to get involved in the first place and now you've dived in head first!"

"Is she stable or not?" the other growled

"Yes" Nightwing said grudgingly "At least her body is, I'm not sure about her head. She might end up in the crazy house just like Tim at this rate"

A punch was thrown, a curse rang into the air to follow it.

"Don't you get angry with me" Nightwing, his voice slightly muffled, Starfire assumed he was the one who had been hit, "I'm the one who's been looking after the kid and re-stitching her wounds an~"

"Re-stitching?" they snapped, "What happened?"

Nightwing sighed, "She tried to get up, I tried to push her down again and she went for me. She just ripped her bullet stitches, nothing more"

Someone moved, Starfire thought she could hear the swish of material on the floor; someone was walking over to her. Starfire thanked whatever god there was that she was half asleep anyway and couldn't be caught eavesdropping.

"No wonder she went for you" they said calmly, Starfire thought she heard an echo of sadness in the voice, she knew it from somewhere...

"Yeah well, I'm not surprised either. After being beaten and felt up by a gang of men twice her size, who wouldn't go for the next guy to come near her? She killed one, so why didn't she just use her powers to get rid of them?"

"I don't think she can"

Starfire froze, how much did this person know?

"What do you mean?" Nightwing asked

No reply, and then came the cool respone "I'm going to get changed. You can leave her now, go home, and get some sleep or something. She's not going anywhere, I'll make sure Alfred keeps an eye on her while I'm gone"

"Sure"

They left the room and Starfire to her thoughts, before she went off into a deep sleep.

PostMon Dec 15, 2003 3:03 am
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Good. Very good.
Now, even though I dont think it fits in continuity, I dont really care about that. I just felt you needed to know in case you wanted it to.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 10:01 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
we've seen the cat? when have we seen the cat?
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 1:04 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
everyone loves cats *I have two*
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 2:08 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
I have one. His name is Sake. Yes, the liquor.

PostMon Dec 15, 2003 8:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:
we've seen the cat? when have we seen the cat?

Well, last Saturday, for one example. Wink
In a "wink & nod" moment, Mr. Mxyzptlk made it fly around the kitchen during his first appearance.
PostMon Dec 15, 2003 9:14 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: