нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - 06/13/05 - Name my Intel Mac!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
06/13/05 - Name my Intel Mac!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject: 06/13/05 - Name my Intel Mac!
I have a habit of naming computer components.
You all know Pepito, and sone of you know Charlene.

Laptops are female, with my old eMate being Megan, and the iBook I stole (borrowed for a long time) from my old school was Sara.

My Mac desktops (and my new PowerBook) don't go by any special names other than G5, eMac or PBG4, since they already have recognizable names.

...my PCs on the other hand, aren't terrible recognizable. I can't go around calling one "GenericCompUSACaseAthlonThunderbirdInSlotAMotherboardWithRadeon9000AGPVideoCard" and the other "RefrubishedCompaqPresarioWithBrokenOnboardEthernetAndStolen3ComEthernetCard".
They're "Sancho" and "Gorak" respectively.

Sancho is named after that one-off character from the movie Orgazmo. It started life as a Win2k box with a Crystal Pepsi desktop background and an "I am Sancho." Windows startup sound. It almost made me switch to PC...until its RAM went bad and Mac OS X started not sucking. It now lives as a Ubuntu Linux box after many failed Windows installations and my brothers virus wrath.

Gorak is named after the frozen man from 1999 in South Park. It started life as a damn good Compaq Refurb deal from Tiger Direct. It is now my brothers' CounterStrike Source computer and my WinMX/VirtualDub/TivoToGo/WMV9-in-AVI/OtherWindowsThings computer which I work with via VNC.

I just recently noticed they're both Trey Parker references. Interesting.

Anyway, I'll be getting my Intel Mac Devkit any day(week) now, and I don't know what to name it. "G5" won't work because I already have one, and they're similar in case alone. I'm not going with "Macintel" or anything shitty like that.

The two things I'm batting around in my head (and aren't any good) are "Chopper" and something that has to do with candy.

"Chopper" comes from One Piece. It would be a PC that ate the MacMac Fruit.

...or I could go with something "crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside" (Mac on the outside, PC on the inside).

Help me here. I'm not creative anymore and I need something better than those two ideas. The shorter and more identifiable the better.
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 11:53 am
Alshoff

Post subject:
You should call it "Tippecanoe." Then, people can say "It's Tippecanoe and Tyler, too."
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 2:28 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wow. Alshoff won the thread on the first reply.
Good job, Alshoff.
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 2:37 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hmm lets see theres "Miss Piggy". Since this wasnt supposed to happen until pigs flew.

The "copout"

"Mongrol" since its a mutt between wintel and the newer better Unix Apple. Since Apple gave up on its own OS a couple years back. And is now giving up on hardware

Or you could just realize that Apple now realizes that its electronic toys that make money not computers. And will kill off the Mac as soon as its finished the iCube video game console

So a dual boot mac. Windows XP/Mac OS10. Somewhere in the world a geek is crying
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 3:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Tippecanoe is too long.
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 3:44 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
What about Squee? You know, Pepito and Squee.
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 4:56 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Eh.
Something with power or respect behind it.
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 6:22 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
TylerL wrote:
Eh.
Something with power or respect behind it.

I was thinking "Woz", but that might be inappropriate. Confused
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 6:29 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Power and respcet? "Excelsiar."

But going back to Alshoff's idea, it's officialy name could be Tippecanoe, but you could just call it "Tippy" or "Tipper".

Of course, if you name it Tipper, then people might wonder if it's named after the wife of the man that invented the internet.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 6:36 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ooh, I like Excelsia...
For reasons of which I won't speak.
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 7:12 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Maybe you can name it "computer."
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 8:02 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
iShit
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 8:09 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok you want a short female name?

Fuu

So when you get angry with it you can just say "F U!" .But when it makes you happy by allowing you to dual boot to a gaming OS like Windows you can say "Fuu"
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 9:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: 06/13/05 - Name my Intel Mac!
TylerL wrote:
The two things I'm batting around in my head (and aren't any good) are "Chopper" and something that has to do with candy.

"Chopper" comes from One Piece. It would be a PC that ate the MacMac Fruit.

And here I thought it was from the Brak Show's Chopper.

How about Augvan?
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 9:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
Egoboo
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 9:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Tyler's Blog All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: