нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - FLCL - Furi Kuri - Fooly Cooly - and a yellow vespa
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
FLCL - Furi Kuri - Fooly Cooly - and a yellow vespa
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BebopDeathGod

Post subject: FLCL - Furi Kuri - Fooly Cooly - and a yellow vespa
"Is this making any sense to you?" a really good quote to describe this series. Ive seen it and I love it and i think that it will get alot of feedback here. Its coming, its good, watch it or else. you know the drill by now Shocked
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 4:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
I can hardly wait! I'll probably end up buying it on DVD as well(once the prices go down a tad bit).
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 5:58 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I love the promo. "Things started coming out of my head!" he says as they show objects COMING OUT OF HIS HEAD. It's genious in it's randomness. I can't wait.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 7:58 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
I love the promo. "Things started coming out of my head!" he says as they show objects COMING OUT OF HIS HEAD. It's genious in it's randomness. I can't wait.

you don't know the half of it, more random to come.
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 9:43 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
You know how newbies to anime always say that anime is confusing?

Show them this series. Twisted Evil
PostThu Jul 31, 2003 10:24 pm
raeesmerelda

Post subject:
Yes, giant factories shaped like irons that steam...

I sure can't explain it, even though I've watched it. It is an awesome show. I found out about it from TechTV, and they have a pretty good overview of it, plus a video of the segment they did on it.
Here:
http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3408196,00.html

Hope that helps the people who were excessively confused, because it's better to be confused by watching it first! Smile
PostFri Aug 01, 2003 11:11 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't know if it'll be more confusing in English or in Japanese. Who knows, i hope they didn't try to simplify it for the Dub. I'll be watching it.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun Aug 03, 2003 7:42 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well Id like to say thank you to every thread on Fooly Cooly. It set me up for the premier tonight. And since i knew it was going to be... different. I sat through it. And now i feel a need to watch more of them.

What a F'ing weird show. Sorry i can find no better way to describe it. She reminds me of Tank Girl for some reason. I keep expecting to hear Laurie Petty's voice.
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 9:44 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Good old Gainax; they don't do ordinary.
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 9:48 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I thought the manga book sequence was funny as hell. This show doesn't seem to have much of a plot yet, but god it is well done. The 3d sequence blew me away.

Oh, and Pillows are sw33t.
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 11:05 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
a) The animation at some points was SO good. Especially that 3d sequence where the camera circled whats-her-face (The brown haired girl (I don't know any of their names yet. So sue me.))

b) How original is THAT! The stuff coming OUT OF HIS FOREHEAD! Has that ever been done ANYWHERE before? It's just so . . . different, I can't NOT watch.

This show is frikken great and, exactly as Fodder said, f'ing weird.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 11:08 am
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
OK, I watched it last night, and
1) I couldnt understand half the things they said
2) What did that girl do to him to make all those things come out of his head?
3)Can someone just explain to me what the hell the series is about?

Thats what it is all about!
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 12:21 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
2) im gonna take a shot in the dark guess here. And if its a spoiler. Please answer it with **********SPOILER************. I think the kid and the anime loving father are aliens like she is

"You know its a gundam mech anime.. Well without gundams... you know what i mean"

The comic book sequence was genius. The 3d sequence just made my head spin. The iron is a work of art. Im smiling thinking about how completly weird it is. Cant wait to see episode 2.
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 12:57 pm
raeesmerelda

Post subject:
To make the stuff come out of his head, she hit him on the head with the guitar. Apparantly it takes a certain person or kind of person for the things to come out.
There is actually a plot, but it's confusing. I have the 2 dvds that have been released so far (the 3rd might be out now, not sure), and after you watch that many episodes some things start to make sense.
It's just one of those things that you know but can't explain to someone else.
Anyway, keep watching. I can't say it gets any less confusing, but it's still good.
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 3:00 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I wonder how Naota was able to survive with those robots coming out of his head. Wouldn't that have given him an aneurism, or caused his brain/head to explode?
PostTue Aug 05, 2003 4:44 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: