нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Its The Explain Your Name Thread
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Its The Explain Your Name Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
Irkan Warrior is just a name I came up with because I like ZIM
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 9:16 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Goldfinger2K wrote:
yeah, I liked goldfinger, what can I say...
still do, just not crazed about it like before.
I'd probably name myself Coldplay2k now Razz

I just thought you were the reincarnation of King Midas.
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 9:44 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
Daikun wrote:
Goldfinger2K wrote:

THAT Goldfinger? Heh. I always thought you just named yourself after the popular James Bond movie. Laughing

Let's just all pretend he said that's why and where he chose his name. I know I will/do.

well i do like that Bond. I could say both Bond & Band.
I do pretend it's the Bond though. Wink

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 11:49 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Goldfinger2K wrote:

I just thought you were the reincarnation of King Midas.

For that I would have named my self "Goldmember" Laughing

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 11:51 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
well mine is a long and complicated story which I don't have time to wrtie now, maybe another time...
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 12:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Mine is basically because I love the psx rpg The Legend of Dragoon. So I made my name modeled after the last form you get in the game. Sometimes you will see me playing with a name called Zeranor, well for that one I basically combined the names of 2 of the main characters in Starcraft because that's another one of my favorite games. Oh those characters we're James Raynor and Zeratul.
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 1:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 was the name i registered for my juno account back in 1997...after having to do everything under my folks' screenames before then, throwing down my initials was like a sign of freedom, and the numbers basically marked the age of this "freedom"...of course, i became lazy over the years and just continued using the same screenname for just about everything...14 became my number for custom players in video games and stuff like that, and it's basically stuck ever since...

my aim name is Aer0fan14, which probably doesn't need any explaining, but since i had an account on aol as JJc14, i had to come up with something else...i've abused the free aol trials over the years, so besides those two, VHalenfan14 and VanHfan14 have also seen action...

people have also asked about the kanji on my avatar...last fall i started getting into the japanese language, and kanji always appealed to me...tyler had just opened up the infolink after the prior board crash, but among the many bugs in the beginning was that an avatar had to be posted or you'd get that nasty red x...i never really cared about avatars (those who knew me here on the old board may remember my "smartass" one, a simple white underline underneath my name: changed locations between name and avatar prevent me from doing it here...), but i finally caved and snipped out a few shots of the kenshin scar for use...it looked kinda plain by itself, so i thought finding and adding the kanji for "wanderer" would complete the look...of course, i soon realized that said kanji was three complex symbols, which was basically impossible to incorporate into such a small space...looking for similar words, i found "drifter", which was only two, but i couldn't squeeze 'em both in, so i just took one and painted it in pixel by pixel...

so what does it mean by itself? beats me, as i never did check, but it looks cool, so i'm satisfied...

[added later: guess in all the confusion i forgot about the capitalized "JJ" part...another story for another time then...]

Last edited by JJc14 on Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 5:21 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Long story short: Mine comes from a character from a DBZ fafic I was working on (long-since abandoned). Mind you that this was back when liking DB was not a faux-pas among the anime community. Thus it's an anagram for a vegetable, so try and figure out which one it it.

*Random stupid guy that can't keep his mouth shut: Ooh! Ooh! I know it, I know it!!! It's cele--

*Rycel smacks own forehead in frustration* Yeah, yeah, okay. Anybody with half a neuron could get it. So I'm not the most creative when it comes to names.
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 8:08 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rycel wrote:
. . . Mind you that this was back when liking DB was not a faux-pas among the anime community. . .

There is nothing wrong with liking DB/DBZ/DBGT, It is just that there are shows out there with a more developed story line. I like DB and watch/have watched most of the other two, but I watch lots of other animes also, most better but some worse (robot carnival comes to mind *shivers run up and down spine*).
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 8:19 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey--I thought Robot Carnivel was awesome! It made less sense than minion!
PostThu Oct 09, 2003 9:13 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Way back when bonus pack #4 for Unreal Tournament came out I was looking at the new character models. The gold WarBoss struck me as beefy looking. So ever since my name has been Beefy, and whenever I play UT I'm always the gold WarBoss.

You'd think the Nali War Cow would be beefy, but no, it's just mad cow.
PostFri Oct 10, 2003 6:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
I was playing "Megaman Legends" and it I thought it would be nice to take the name Megaman Trigger before everyone one else did.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostFri Oct 10, 2003 6:37 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
The same people who hate Robot Carnival are the ones who hate Fantasia... but I digress...

Anyway, the story behind my name is pretty simple. Back in good ole' 1998, I started going to college and was exposed to constant internet access for the first time. Because of this, I was eager to try out all the stuff my more technologically-advanced friends had been talking about (you know, email, chat-rooms, all that crap). I decided to sign onto a chat site that my friends back home had all been talking about called "Smooth Talker" (which no longer exists). Originally, I wanted to see if I could fool any of my friends, seeing if they would recognize me just by what I said in the chatroom, so I decided to choose a name that they would never guess I would choose for myself. At the time, I had just discovered a wonderful little underground comic book called Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, and was a huge fan. I thought about calling myself "Nny" or "JthM", but that seemed dumb, and "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac" was too long a name. At the exact same time that I was on my roommate's computer pondering my options, I was watching Johnny Bravo on Cartoon Network, and somehow it hit me. So, I became JohnnyPsycho, and despite it sounding like a cheesy radio DJ name, it seemed to fit that hidden maniac personality inside me, and it's been a name that I've used ever since.

You might have noticed that I never put a space between the "Johnny" and the "Psycho" in my name. This is because that original chat site didn't accept user names with spaces, and this was before I knew that I could use an underscore "_" to create a space easily, so i just bunched them together. From that day on, I've always spelled my name JohnnyPsycho, and I tend to take offense when people put spaces where they shouldn't.

Other screennames and titles I go by now or have gone by in the past:

kabooms, which was basically chosen because it sounded funny (actually, back in '98 I was planning on starting a comic strip in the student newspaper called "Kaboom", just because it sounded exceedingly cheesy... the "S" at the end could be an unneccessary pluralization or my last inital)

bongzilla, which was also chosen just because it sounded funny (and not because I smoke marijuana, because I don't... drugs are bad, mmm-kay?)

Mr. Gone, the arch-nemesis of The Maxx, which was one kick-ass cartoon on MTV and an equally awesome comic book from Image Comics... "Greetings, Brer-Lapin..."

Deep13Labs, my AIM name, which was chosen because of my addiction to the show Mystery Science Theater 3000, and because someone else already took JohnnyPsycho and every other purmutation...

vash247, just because I'm a fool for Trigun

ohcyspynnhoj, a random collection of letters I chose for no good reason... yep, no good reason at all... Wink

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostSat Oct 11, 2003 1:50 am
Eyra

Post subject:
my uname comes from one of the characters in my manga!
ok that's about it...
PostSat Oct 11, 2003 3:44 am
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
Johnny the homicidal maniac is one of the best comics EVER!
PostSat Oct 11, 2003 7:16 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: