нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Infolink Journalism
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Infolink Journalism
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject: Infolink Journalism
I can't hold this anymore. I just have to say something.

Certain articles on Infolink are riddled with opinions. Like the recent article about Knights of the Zodiac. These opinions are presented as if they are those of every human being on the planet. I want my info straight, without annoying biased opinions, and especially wihout opinions that I either disagree with or don't care about.

Most articles don't have this problem. But I'm always annoyed by certain comments regarding certain individual shows. Saying that it's a bad day for animation fans everywhere in regards to Disney closing down it's animation studio is one thing. Saying that Saint Seiya is 'butchered' and then going on to speculate WILDLY that it's been taken off the air without any actual announcement, and then to go so far as to say some form of either thanking god that it's gone or lamenting it's absense (I can't even tell whether the opinion is happy or upset!) is both wrong and annoying.

Also, looking at schedules, and seeing an absense and saying "OMG IT"S GONE AHHHHH!" Is not good reporting. In fact it shouldn't even be reported. Wait for confirmation. We all know how much Cartoon Network messes with it's schedule. You can't go by only the schedule.

That's all. I just had to vent.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Mar 24, 2004 8:31 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Check the author of all those posts you are unhappy with.
100% of them are Daikun.
Please aim your resentment towards Daikun.
Please.
PostWed Mar 24, 2004 9:37 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
you are not alone on this CP, as a matter of fact I called him on it before... just need to find which news article it was under...

update: found it

Last edited by Andromaton on Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Mar 24, 2004 10:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
DAIKUN:
PLEASE BE MORE JOURNALISTIC AND LESS CRAZYISTIC.

PostWed Mar 24, 2004 10:37 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Check the KOTZ post now.
That's my "censored" version.
Example of still biased, yet not over the top journalism.
(Infolink is supposed to be a biased news source, but I'd like a little dignity thrown in there too...)
PostWed Mar 24, 2004 11:32 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I was well aware it was all Daikun's posts. I was trying to be ambiguous as opposed to attacking an indivdual. I meant no disrespect to Spook, Tyler, Meteo, Knuxfive, or anyone I may have forgotten.

PostThu Mar 25, 2004 4:08 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
You'd prefer a boring, bloodless reporter over someone with emotion? Someone who just scrawls facts on a page instead of someone who actually TALKS to the fans, LIKE a fan, because he IS a fan?
PostThu Mar 25, 2004 10:17 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
You'd prefer a boring, bloodless reporter over someone with emotion? Someone who just scrawls facts on a page instead of someone who actually TALKS to the fans, LIKE a fan, because he IS a fan?

Your "journalist/fan" ratio needs a little adjustment, that's all. Wink
The original article was over-the-top in regard to its KotZ-bashing.

Don't make me bring up the "Kiddy Grade" thread again...
PostThu Mar 25, 2004 10:41 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
New, edited stories.
PostThu Mar 25, 2004 11:28 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
the old stories never bothered me...

mind you, i never read the front page
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostFri Mar 26, 2004 7:17 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Boring? Bah! Look, you act is if we all weep when He-Man dies, or that every Toonami Infolink viewer DREADS having 2 hours of Dragon Ball (I think it's cool to end the weekly Toonami with 2 hours of DB. It dies the way it lived) or that we all want KotZ to jump off a cliff.

There's a difference between being excited about something or upset over something (Like the recent Disney events. That was a blow to EVERY animation fan, hands down) and having a very personal opinion about a show and sharing it to the masses. I don't want your opinion about a show.

Let me say that one more time.

I, The Paradox, do not want Your, and by that I mean ANYONE'S, opinion of a show in a NEWS POST. Because it is NEWS.

Also, it bothers me more when you look at the schedule, see something missing, and ASSUME that the show is gone. I hate (HATE!) those 'news' posts. You KNOW networks, and CN especially, play with their schedule. Wait until there is an announcement, or at least 2 days before (By then the schedule SHOULD be solid, but isn't necessarily) to make such an announcement.

PostFri Mar 26, 2004 4:46 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
if an opinion must be stated, make sure it's well stated as being your and only your opinion.

News is not meant to entertain, it's meant to inform.
PostFri Mar 26, 2004 4:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Look, you act is if we all weep when He-Man dies, or that every Toonami Infolink viewer DREADS having 2 hours of Dragon Ball

I didn't report those.
PostFri Mar 26, 2004 5:02 pm
Discloner

Post subject:
While we're hounding Daikun,

I don't think you source ANX enough. Perhaps you should source ANX for all of the news you post? Wink
PostTue Mar 30, 2004 4:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Look at my latest article. Wink
PostTue Mar 30, 2004 4:47 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: