нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Disney calls for Eisner to Resign
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Disney calls for Eisner to Resign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
What I mean to say is, it's probably better of Disney sitting on them until they are up for grabs once again.
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 4:53 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
OK, so what do they have now? I think they got digimon but Im not sure.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 5:01 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
they have everything fox kids had. big guy and rusty, sam & max, teh tick, slayers, escaflowne, and buncha others.
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 10:06 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
THE RESULTS ARE IN!

And we have surpassed the 4000 signature mark!

Thank you ALL so much for your overwhelming support of the TRUE Disney!

Goodbye, Eisner. Your days of corporate greed are (hopefully) numbered.

http://www.pruiksma.com/letterofsupport.html

Last edited by Daikun on Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:23 am; edited 2 times in total
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 12:21 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I refuse to celebrate until I see a news headline announcing Eisner's actual departure from The Walt Disney Company.
Otherwise, you've done nothing.
Yet.
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 12:50 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
I refuse to celebrate until I see a news headline announcing Eisner's actual departure from The Walt Disney Company.
Otherwise, you've done nothing.
Yet.

I agree completely... the thread name goes back, daikun, fix it.
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 1:06 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I changed it to make it question itself.
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 1:22 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
That thread title is misleading.
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 2:52 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
4000 sigs is nothing. The Bring Back Zim petition had 20,000 in the same amount of time, 120,000 last time I checked it. Honestly, a 4000 sig petition is nothing to the big D, which raked in well over 300 MILLION dollars from the theaters with Finding Nemo alone. If all 4000 of us never watch Finding Nemo in protest, Disney would have made . . . carry the one . . . minus 3 . . . oh, that's right, 99.9999% of what they DID make. Eisner wipes his ass with the amount of money they would have lost.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 6:14 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
yeah, but alot of those 4,000 were industry signatures. ALOT. Industry signatures/support is more powerful than 20,000 random fans at least when it comes to something like this.
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 9:13 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Not if Disney is shutting down it's annimation studios (oh wait, it is) and doesn't need to stay on their good sides.

I hate to say it, but we're losing the fight. Materialistic consumerism wins out every time.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Dec 13, 2003 7:10 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
The industry involves much more than just traditional animators.
PostSun Dec 14, 2003 12:11 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
In a further sign of tension at the top of one of the nation's media giants, Walt Disney Company icon and executive vice president Mickey Mouse stepped down from the board of directors and, in a scathing letter, called on chairman and CEO Michael Eisner to resign.

http://www.watleyreview.com/2003/120903-3.html

Laughing
PostTue Dec 16, 2003 1:56 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Eisner is here to stay. Why? Because Disney is the Green.
PostTue Dec 16, 2003 1:40 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Lion King’s under fire

Will Walt Disney head Michael Eisner survive?

Published : December 17, 2003

Walt Disney chairman and CEO Michael Eisner has been the talk of Hollywood for the last week.

In his 19 years at the helm, Eisner, 61, helped build the Walt Disney Company from a take-over target into one of the world’s most powerful entertainment companies, worth $47 billion.

Today The Walt Disney Company, based at Burbank, California, includes the Disney movie studio, the ABC television network, ESPN cable television network, the global Disney Channel, five theme parks and merchandising.

How did Disney perform in 2002-2003? On 27 November 2003, Disney announced that box office receipts for films distributed through its Buena Vista subsidiary this year had topped $3 billion. The company’s productions –including “Finding Nemo” – grossed more than $570 million worldwide.

“Pirates of the Caribbean” saw Disney box office receipts rise to $ 3.08 billion. For the eighth time in the last nine years, Disney’s distribution company, Buena Vista Film Distribution, has received more than $2 billion at the world box office.

Eisner’s efforts have paid huge dividends. “Forbes” magazine listed his wealth at more than $630 million. Eisner was formerly president and chief operating officer of Paramount Pictures, which he joined in 1976.

Before that, he was senior vice president for prime-time programming at ABC Entertainment. The energetic Eisner is known in Tinsel Town for his creativity, business acumen and ability to take difficult financial decisions.

But two high-profile exits from the Disney board of directors tarnished his public image last month.

Roy Disney, a nephew of the late Walt Disney, son of Roy O. Disney, one of the founders of the company and the last remaining family member on Disney’s board of directors, resigned from the company and vowed to mount a shareholder campaign to oust Eisner.

Amid demands for the resignation of Eisner, another Disney director, Stanley Gold, also quit the board.

Roy Disney, the company’s second-largest individual shareholder (up to US$ 600 million), in a letter to Eisner accused him of creating a company which appeared “rapacious, soulless and always looking for a quick buck.” Disney cited his “failure to bring back ABC Prime Time from the ratings abyss it has been in for years.”

Eisner was accused by Roy Disney of “consistent micro-management of everyone around him with the resulting loss of morale throughout this company.”

Disney, who had received a pin from the company for 50 years of service a week before resigning, claimed that The Walt Disney Company deserved fresh, energetic leadership at this challenging time in its history just as it did in 1984.

Gold in a five-page resignation letter attacked the board’s “insularity” and said it had failed to challenge the decisions of the management. Instead, it had simply “rubber-stamped” them.

For some time Eisner has been facing mounting shareholder pressure owing to the poor performance of the ABC TV network and the theme parks. Since buying ABC TV Network in 1996, Disney has not been able to return it to its former glory. It even burned out its mega-hit “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” by running it as many as four nights a week.

But the world’s entertainment markets are the major focus for Disney.

Recently announcing the appointment of Andy Bird as president of Walt Disney International, Eisner said: “From a strategic perspective, one of Disney’s most significant long-term growth opportunities resides in markets outside of the United States, and it is crucial that the company continue to have a well-coordinated approach to business development around the world.”

In England, Disney is launching its long-awaited new free-to-air channel on the UK’s Freeview digital terrestrial platform on January 12 next year. Called “Daytime,” the new channel will show comedies, made-for-TV movies and soaps, primarily from the US.

In India Disney has informed the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) that it will invest $30m over five years in an Indian subsidiary to finance the launching of its pay TV channel ‘The Disney Channel.’

The company also plans to explore other business ventures, including the production of movies in India, development of theme parks and resorts and the marketing of consumer products and other branded merchandise.

In California, meanwhile, The Walt Disney Company’s board immediately moved to support Eisner in a statement which rejected former board member Gold’s accusations as “untrue and unwarranted allegations.” Disney also announced that its annual dividend would remain unchanged at 21 cents per share.

With the boardroom battle going public, the big question being asked in Hollywood by investors and shareholders of Disney is that after 19 years at the helm is Eisner the best person to run the company?

Disney with his family heritage may have popular support. Some support has already come in, particularly from animation professionals and fans who feel that Eisner willfully dismantled Disney’s fabled theatrical animation operation. Some animators who had worked at Disney even began an online signature campaign.

But with the company’s financial performance, good box office run, home video sales and stock up nearly 42 per cent this year, investors and shareholders may look the other way.

The Lion King may or may not retire from Mouseland but for now the company is likely to remain at the top of Hollywood’s heap.

- Bhuvan Lall
PostTue Dec 16, 2003 8:47 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: