нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Fullmetal Alchemist Comes to Cartoon Network
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Fullmetal Alchemist Comes to Cartoon Network
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
That preview... Not bad, but they make Mustang look like an enemy, and leave out the key ones... Ah well... Previews tend to have problems like that. Or they show 'em then change things entirely- Tokyopop and Initial D being the prime example.

One thing- if that's the voice of Al in the dub that they used for the OP, it's going to be nice hearing a voice that actually sounds like it's from a kid(even if it isn't), not a 30-year old man trying to sound young.
PostThu May 13, 2004 1:35 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
After further consideration (and checking a calendar), this'll probably kick in on [as] after Wolf's Rain finishes its premiere run (which should make it around Oct. 16th).
PostThu May 13, 2004 2:51 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I didn't really like the dub voice for Al.... Doesn't seem to fit as well as the Japanese VA's does. And I didn't notice they made Roy look bad... then again I couldn't see the whol trailer
PostThu May 13, 2004 11:18 am
FlashBack

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
It's a pretty good show. The first impressions were that it was a more action oriented show with some comedy thrown in, but by episode 7, you realize there's much more to it. What's amazing is that it can go from over the top humor to serious and sad in a few minutes, something you don't see often (please tell me if there's others like this- the episode with Mustang vs. Ed or episode 7(or was it 8?) are the main examples i'm thinking of).

this sounds exactly like Tenchi with the comedy, action, and seriousness all rolled in.

i cant believe the show is actually about alchemists....that is quite interesting
PostThu May 13, 2004 12:43 pm
Stryker_Zeta

Post subject:
Laughing Well, who knows. We might as well turn in on to Cartoon Network to see how well the U.S version goes. But from the OP in the U.S version, the translation (when Al speaks) seems to slightly come from Akeep-ANBU's version rather than Sonchou's translation.
PostThu May 13, 2004 2:18 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I highly doubt Funi would just copy off some fansub group
PostThu May 13, 2004 2:56 pm
Stryker_Zeta

Post subject:
But anyways, I have no problem with the actor in the intro. Actually, from what I think. He seems perfect for the part of Edward's narration intro.
PostThu May 13, 2004 4:00 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ed? Al is the one who does the intro
PostThu May 13, 2004 4:03 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
After seeing the trailer for it, I must say that I am relived a bit on this topic. The voice for al in the intro is speldid due to the fact that they are saying it when they are childern and the voice of that child fits it. If they hwere to keep the voice though... That could bring problems.
PostThu May 13, 2004 5:14 pm
Stryker_Zeta

Post subject:
No, I doubt it. Because you've seen Al & Ed. As each passing day, they grow older. So there probably might be a replacement for the older Al & Ed
PostThu May 13, 2004 5:30 pm
Kamibashi

Post subject: T_T
I'm actually VERY worried about this comming out in America (especially Toonami). This show is my absolut favorite anime to date (rest assured, I have seen a lot). I am not happy AT ALL with funimations work on Yu Yu Hakusho (sorry if I spelled it wrong), and I'm not looking forward to their portrayal of Edward, Alaphonse, and, especially, Mustang.
I have yet to see the promo (because I've pretty much sworn off the english dubbing of anime) but I will watch for it, and watch the first episode. If I'm unhappy with it, I will guarentee that I will go and buy a regon 2 DVD player and import FullMetal Alchemist.

I'm also getting agrivated that I go and get the series in Japanese, falling in love with it, then it comes out shortly later in English, and I want to cut off my ears and gouge out my eyes... and then the merchandise... the poorly done American merchandise... oh how I hate it. I'm guite content with my lovely Edward, Alaphonse, and Mustang key chains that lovingly adone my Kenshin bag. I don't want to see little kids walking around with cheaply made American paper folders that adone them as well.

Another peeve about Funimation is that the licensed it before it was completed in Japanese. This isn't really me critisizing them, but I was downloading the lovely fansubs.... but NO! I get to episode 31... and then it gets licensed... Grr...

So, in conclusion... if they murder it or sell out to cheap manufacturers and everyone starts walking around and talking about it, I'll hurt people. ^_^

Thanks for reading.
PostThu May 27, 2004 2:45 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: T_T
Kamibashi wrote:
Thanks for reading.

No, thank you for sharing...you arrogant jackass. Wink
PostThu May 27, 2004 3:42 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kamibashi,

First, read the post linked by Nobuyuki. Next, despite being illegal, I've seen a number of groups that have posted subs of the 32nd episode. I won't tell more than that there are 3 groups still fan-subbing it, and google is your friend. Lastly, if you havn't figured out that we're anime fans too, I'll tell you we are and we know what companies do to anime, for better, or for worse.

Scincerly,
WhtHawk
(A.K.A. Tokyo Mew Mew Fanboy)
PostThu May 27, 2004 9:54 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
wtf did that person say.... I gave up on reading it. As always I think Funi will do a decent Job subbing it was well.
PostFri May 28, 2004 1:45 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm pretty sure it was just typical otaku crap.
PostFri May 28, 2004 2:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: