нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - YES! YES! YES!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
YES! YES! YES!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: YES! YES! YES!
This is great!

Okay, imagine yourself in this situation: There's a movie coming out that you're really interested in and have been waiting months and months for. You arrive at the theater, pay for your tickets (and, possibly, snacks) and sit down, waiting for the lights to dim and the screen to show that green MPAA rating thing.

Now, here's the problem: While waiting for the movie to start, you're instantly BOMBARDED WITH 24½ MINUTES OF PREVIEWS AND COMMERCIALS!

Are you pissed off about it? Do you wish the madness would end? Don't you just wish you would sue the manager of the theater for ruining about half an hour of your life?

Well, now SOMEONE'S clock has finally ticked and sued a film advertising company for this madness. Woohoo! Right on!

If all goes well with the case, all theaters across the country could have their ad time limited to just a few minutes at the most, or even none at all!

For more information (or if you just don't believe me and want proof), click here.
PostThu Feb 20, 2003 10:09 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I can live with watching previews of upcoming movies before the feature presentation starts. Some previews are good, for example: the Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me teaser where Dr. Evil was on the Deathstar.

Commercials, however are just wrong. I see enough freakin' car commercials on TV, I don't need to see them on the big screen!! Mad
PostThu Feb 20, 2003 10:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TomFulp

Post subject:
Movie theatres aren't making enough money off tickets, and I guess those overpriced snacks aren't doing it, either... Or maybe they have just gotten too greedy.

I don't mind movie previews, but they need to run the commercials BEFORE the movie is scheduled to start. Right now, if I am planning to see a movie at 10:30, it doesn't actually start until 10:55. They should start running commercials at 10:15, then run movie previews at 10:30, and start the main feature no later than 10:45.

Of course, they would need dim lights on during the commercials, but I don't think that would be a big deal.
PostThu Feb 20, 2003 10:29 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Shocked

TOM FULP!

OMG am I dreaming? Is "da man" REALLY here?!?
PostThu Feb 20, 2003 10:42 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Around here, the movie theaters only show previews for about five minutes, so I don't really have a problem with them. Before the movie, they show stationary advertisements for places around town, but when the movie starts, they show five minutes of movie previews and then the movie.
PostThu Feb 20, 2003 10:52 pm
TomFulp

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Shocked

TOM FULP!

Hehe... I'm making a "guest appearance". Smile
PostThu Feb 20, 2003 11:18 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
personally I don't mind the trailers or the commercials as long as they are well done, which a lot are.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Feb 21, 2003 1:48 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
TomFulp wrote:
Hehe... I'm making a "guest appearance". Smile

Wow! What a nice surprise. Thanks. Smile
PostFri Feb 21, 2003 3:24 am
The_Dragon_Master

Obsessor

Post subject:
I usually go to the movies about 20 minutes late anyway, but when I do see previews they are fairly good. Welcome to the board, Tom.
PostFri Feb 21, 2003 9:51 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sometimes the trailers before the movie are better than the movie. In this case, I say trail away.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Feb 21, 2003 5:32 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Over where I'm at, they last for ten minutes and I live with them. They are very enjoyable most of the time and if you don't know why good movie sites with trailers, this is more helpful. Besides, you know they were going to do that, just be patient and allow time to make due.
PostFri Feb 21, 2003 5:36 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Trailers = OK
Blatant product advertisements = Bad
PostFri Feb 21, 2003 6:31 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
some of the blatant ads are funny, like I really liked the coke one with dave chappell. probably because Dave kicks so much ass, but that's not the point.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Feb 21, 2003 9:00 pm
AnimePrime

Post subject:
I live in a small town and the theator here only has fixed adds before the movie. I've seen car adds in the big city theators but frankly I don't care. The voices in my head keep me entertained while the adds play. Cool

Oh yeah, welcome tom.
PostMon Feb 24, 2003 11:14 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
TomFulp wrote:
Daikun wrote:
8O

TOM FULP!

Hehe... I'm making a "guest appearance". :)

That's it. I'm registering a "Pico" account before anyone else gets any ideas.
PostMon Feb 24, 2003 11:41 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: