нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Why did Dragonball GT leave Toonami?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Why did Dragonball GT leave Toonami?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want GT to be moved back to toonami?
Yes, please do it as soon as possible!
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
No, leave it where it is now(Saturdays at 9.5/8.5c)
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
overdrive535 wrote:
And PPG is definetly preteen
But I forgot who Toonami is being aimed at now...sorry

I always thought Sailor Moon's target audience was more middle school (isn't Serena in middle school) girls?

But then again, I'm not from Japan...
Maybe I should get a hold of my aunt...

Ok, let's go with middle school. Mine was grade 6-8. Let's see, what's the years 11-12-13. Yeah, that still falls in with the preteen catagory. The japanese and american Sailor Moon are fairly different creatures altogether.
PostMon Mar 01, 2004 3:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kenshin2003

Post subject:
overdrive535 wrote:

By the TV rating thing it says TV Y7, whisch is aimed at 7 year-olds. But I doubt that it is. Some of the shows have too much suggestive content in them for 7 year-olds to handle, so it's probably for preteens and early teens.
PostMon Mar 01, 2004 8:36 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kenshin2003 wrote:
overdrive535 wrote:

By the TV rating thing it says TV Y7, whisch is aimed at 7 year-olds. But I doubt that it is. Some of the shows have too much suggestive content in them for 7 year-olds to handle, so it's probably for preteens and early teens.

Anything higher than y7 is adult swim territory. Those number aren't the suggested watching age, they are the lowest age that should watch the show.

By your logic all rated R movies are targeted at kids around 17 years old. Lord forbid that not be true.
PostMon Mar 01, 2004 9:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sketch

Post subject:
Kenshin2003 wrote:
overdrive535 wrote:

Y7-FV (for violence) is aimed at 11 year olds but it is "acceptable" for 7 year olds to watch.
PostTue Mar 02, 2004 4:32 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I believe I said something similar to that.
PostTue Mar 02, 2004 4:45 pm
goku2049

Post subject:
primalbliss wrote:
Nope, I saw all episodes of GT (well at least what Toonami showed) and I was very disappointed (YET AGAIN) to find that another show I enjoyed is playing reruns or moved. Toonami is notourious for doing this and I am about done with it, yet I still come back for more.

Toonami and Crack...could there be a connection?

Anyway, I am now awaiting new episodes of GT, Yu Yu, Star Wars, and for Kenshin to start over where Toonami left off, right before the damn fight with Zanza and the rock breaking dude (forgot his name).

Hey anyone know if Outlaw Star is making a come back??

Actually in my opinion, toonami got way too behind on new DBZ episodes a long time ago and ever since then I've been just buying the VHS whenever they come out(including DBGT). I don't know if Outlaw Star will be aired again but if they do they should put it on Adult Swim so they can show more of the violence that was really on the show. I still would like to see Gundam Wing on either Toonami or Adult Swim though.
"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call." - Vash The Stampede
PostTue Mar 02, 2004 5:17 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
You actually waste THAT much money!

Jesus H. Christ will life never cease to amaze me.
PostTue Mar 02, 2004 5:23 pm
Kenshin2003

Post subject:
We'll probably never have a world where you can watch anime episodes for free. Crying or Very sad

Anyway, that is TOO MUCH money to spend ot DBZ and DBGT.
PostTue Mar 02, 2004 7:25 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
primalbliss wrote:
Hey anyone know if Outlaw Star is making a come back??

I'll give you two guesses.

*hint* The answer isn't yes...
PostTue Mar 02, 2004 7:40 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
I go with hidden answer D. bypassing hidden answer C.
D. Not likley with a chance of rain in Ohio
PostTue Mar 02, 2004 8:19 pm
primalbliss

Post subject:
I'll be optimistic, but then again this is the Cartoon Network we are talking about... so I suppose I won't hold my breath. But HEY we can dream can't we???
PostWed Mar 03, 2004 8:55 am
Sketch

Post subject:
Outlaw Star is gone now... that's just how it goes.

I'd say the two shows that have the most possibilty of ever returning are Gundam Wing and Sailor Moon due to their popularity but I wouldn't hold my breath on those (maybe Reboot also now that Toonami isn't trying to please the kiddies with fancy new stuff).
PostWed Mar 03, 2004 12:16 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
You know what. I wish GT was banned from being on TV ever again and that some filthy rich dude would buy all the DVDs and VHSs in the world and burn them in a fire! That would be awesome! I really don't care where it is, because I won't watch it anyway. If I still watched Toonami as much as I used to and it was on, then I'd care. Wait a sec... is it comin on the new Toonami block? I hope not. Cus I am going to watch the Saturday block for sure. And if its on I am so mad.
PostSat Mar 06, 2004 6:25 pm
Kenshin2003

Post subject:
Tri_GUN_damwing wrote:
You know what. I wish GT was banned from being on TV ever again and that some filthy rich dude would buy all the DVDs and VHSs in the world and burn them in a fire! That would be awesome! I really don't care where it is, because I won't watch it anyway. If I still watched Toonami as much as I used to and it was on, then I'd care. Wait a sec... is it comin on the new Toonami block? I hope not. Cus I am going to watch the Saturday block for sure. And if its on I am so mad.

Well, I hate to disappoint you, but it was on toonami, but now it moved to saturdays.
PostSat Mar 06, 2004 6:35 pm
Sketch

Post subject:
And it will return to Toonami two weeks after Toonami takes over saturday nights... and will premiere new episodes in May.

It'll also be on weekday nights at 10pm I believe (that or 10.5pm) starting April 19th. I really think instead of that an TT they should have had YYH and TMNT. That would have been UBER SWEET!!!
PostSun Mar 07, 2004 12:58 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: