нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Trigun!!!! the thread.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Trigun!!!! the thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Which ones monday? That should be the introduction of the next major character
PostFri Apr 11, 2003 6:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
monday night:

wolfwood arrives on the scene, and almost immediately fits into the group of vash and the insurance girls...while traveling away from the wrecked sandsteamer, the bus they're on runs into some weird mechanical spider-like machines that we are led to believe have something to do with "lost technology"...when a child on the bus is missing, both vash and wolfwood leap out almost immediately to get the kid back...vash shows off his gun-slinging skills once again, and eventually they fall into the machine's home...wolfwood covers vash as they attempt to get to the center (to shut everything off), but runs out of bullets a bit too soon...somehow, the remaining machines are shot down and vash is able to cut the power to the center...

wolfwood is just such a cool character, and him and vash just have that (usually comedic) chemistry right from the start...we get a good look into this character through his actions (giving food to the kids and later vash), and you just get that feeling that things are gonna liven up with him around...

as for the rest of the episode, we get vague hints on topics to be tackled later...just what is this lost technology and how did vash know so much about it? how did vash and wolfwood get out of that situation at the end? should be interesting...
PostTue Apr 15, 2003 3:48 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
finals and large projects attempt to keep me from my anime...i will NOT go down so easily...

tuesday night:

in a peaceful town, vash runs into wolfwood helping out at a restaurant...the father left home and hasn't returned, leaving the kid and good-looking mother to fend for themselves...wolfwood is able to convince vash to enter a quick-draw tournament to win some cash for the family...

although some drinking appeared to deter him, vash still does just fine...it's revealed that wolfwood was also entered into the tournament, courtesy of vash, and these two meet in the finals...wolfwood attempts to withdrawl, but with the family held hostage, has no choice...the two give a convincing duel and are able to free the family, winning the prize money...

this was a fun episode, though when wolfwood's involved, it's hard for one not to be...a good amount of comedy layered throughout, from vash trying to get a girl early on, the drinking sequence the night before the quickdraw, and the ending with the father coming home, forcing vash to leave...wolfwood and vash continue that perfect chemistry, as anytime they exchange words seems to result in me laughing...

wednesday night:

caught in the middle of the desert in a caravan, wolfwood and millie get involved with a young couple attempting to escape...the "father" of the male runs the caravan, and when it was discovered that people are also traded, he wanted to get out...meanwhile, the "father" hires vash to get the kids back, and vash accepts...wolfwood opens their eyes to what they're actually doing, and when they still decide to leave, millie begins to follow...the caravan catches up and contains the kids, but vash appears, ruthlessly shooting both the kid and his girl, and demanding the money for his service...millie is shocked, socking vash in the face and crying, while wolfwood's initially pissed until he sees the truth: vash fired rubber bullets...with the caravan believing they're dead, the kids are free to seek their own path in life...wolfwood leaves the group, amazed that vash could find a solution in which no one died...

i reiterate: wolfwood = fun...if you need proof, the chessgame in the beginning should suffice ("...i can't do that, i'm a man of god for god's sake...")...still, this episode takes a serious turn rather quickly as wolfwood shows the kids exactly what their actions will lead to...

seeing vash in serious mode was almost a shock, though the crowd likely knew he was planning something...i thought all the main voice actors did a great job at the end emotion-wise, though i'm disappointed to see wolfwood leave so early...
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 10:01 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wolfwood leave so early? Nah to soon for that.

I agree Vash and Wolfwood make a good team in the show. But on the bus a couple episodes back a bunch of plot points came up that I missed the first time I watched. From the fact that Wolfwood mentions the orphanage to how he ends on Millies shoulder and Vash and (ugh brain fart the other girl) end up sitting next to each other. Plus the alien scene has an awful lot of foreshadowing. I guess it shows why sometimes you need to see a series twice. There were other things in that episode to. The previous episode with Vash standing next to power plant he said something under his breath that was a huge amount of foreshadowing. And again made it worth watching the series the second time.
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 10:32 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
I want everyone to look at my avatar closely, it is a friend's version of my alter ego. Anyway, if you look in the corner although it is cut off you will see it is basically the same Cross Wolfwood carries. Isn't it great to have both Kenshin and Trigun on the network? In case anyone DIDN'T KNOW, Vash was actually based on Kenshin, so it is great to look at the similarities.
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 2:11 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
CrimsonChristian wrote:
I want everyone to look at my avatar closely, it is a friend's version of my alter ego. Anyway, if you look in the corner although it is cut off you will see it is basically the same Cross Wolfwood carries. Isn't it great to have both Kenshin and Trigun on the network? In case anyone DIDN'T KNOW, Vash was actually based on Kenshin, so it is great to look at the similarities.

The Hell!? I never knew that. Damn, that's funny. Anyway, I'm tuning in Tonight for Adult Swim, so maybe I'll see some simularites.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 2:18 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
CrimsonChristian wrote:
In case anyone DIDN'T KNOW, Vash was actually based on Kenshin, so it is great to look at the similarities.

while i can't profess to know the real truth on the issue, i've heard that kenshin and trigun, while inherently similar, were actually created within such a short span of time that it would be nearly impossible for one to copy the other...

if i remember right, kenshin did come first, by less than a year...i've been told it's just one big coincidence, but hey, i can't complain, since these two shows are my favorite anime's right now...

i'm just going on word of mouth though, so i dunno...

[added note: i took an essay final earlier today, and one of my ways around knowing the actual material is to use "big" words...i apologize if my text in this post scared anyone, and i should be back to normal soon...]
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 3:42 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
while i can't profess to know the real truth on the issue, i've heard that kenshin and trigun, while inherently similar, were actually created within such a short span of time that it would be nearly impossible for one to copy the other...

If your time table it right then its basicly impossible for Vash to be based on Kenshin unless and this is a big UNLESS they changed vash's character at the last moment. Aniamted series start production at least 6 months before they will air and actually closer to a year as they need time to get as many episodes done asap so scheduling conflicts dont occur with getting the ep in the can and air time. So you have 6months to 12 months already of time killed and then they have to start the bible, characters descs, come up with designs, high writers, animaters, and all them and all of probably can take anywhere from 3months to almost a year so you have now kiled at least 9 months and up to almost 2 years. You get development and all that sort of stuff and probably unless the kenshin group were housed with the trigun group you would have little to no influence between shows. Now if Kenshin had been out for say 3-5 eyars before Trigun, then the legitamacy of the statement that Vash is basicly kenshin could hold a chance of being true.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 8:00 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Wait a minute. Kenshin was a manga about 3 years before the anime series. That could give time to base a charactor on Kenshin, wouldn't it?
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 8:13 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
JJc14 wrote:

If your time table it right then its basicly impossible for Vash to be based on Kenshin unless and this is a big UNLESS they changed vash's character at the last moment. Aniamted series*snip*

I'm going to interject here. Both animated series are based on manga series, so I think the objective place to make the comparison is their respective dates of first publication, which I don't happen to have (someone else feel free to jump in here, PLEASE Very Happy ). The possibility remains open.

:edit: and Green Bird beats me to my point while I'm typing it. grrr. Razz :

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 8:17 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Changing gears a little. Does anyone have the english lyrics to the end song from the series?
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 8:49 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Green-Bird wrote:
Wait a minute. Kenshin was a manga about 3 years before the anime series. That could give time to base a charactor on Kenshin, wouldn't it?

ok, well then it might be a little more likely then. But I still highly doubt it. There is just not enough to make Vash bsed on Kenshin. All they really share is their adimant dislike of killing people/people dieing. If you really want to think about it both probably were influenced at least a bit by americas superheroe comic book industry of which almost all teh heroes are anti killing/death.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 3:11 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Changing gears a little. Does anyone have the english lyrics to the end song from the series?

Yep, sure do
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 8:27 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i gotta do some digging on another message board, because i coulda sworn i saw the issue brought up somewhere recently...

thursday night:

legato makes his first appearance, and that sequence alone changes everything for vash...we're introduced to monev, who's way of life has been to end vash's...we continue to see vash saving lives, even as he's being chased and shot at, but when monev opens fire on the town, vash snaps, firing directly at his face (protected by a visor-type thing) and revealing his second gun...somehow, he is able to calm himself down, and doesn't pull the trigger...

well damn, i'd consider this the turning point for the series...legato is one of the most bad-ass villans i've ever come across, and even though i saw it coming, that scene where it looks like he's gonna hurt the kid still made me jump...monev was alright as the antagonist, not spectacular but not terrible, but of course, the big thing here is vash who does all he can to prevent people from dying, all in vain as monev lets loose on everyone...no longer the man we've seen earlier, vash takes on a dark personality, firing at his face without hesitation, pinning him down and almost killing him on the spot...

of course, even on adult swim it seems the network still has problems with pointing a gun to someone's face...what makes it even odder is they show monev with the gun to his eye after cutting out at least one eariler closeup with it, so i dunno what that was about...at least the point still came across though...
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 10:37 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Damn. That sounded cool.
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 10:06 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: